Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear XT Cules,

sory to to start a new thread for this, but as some of you may have noticed I haven't been posting at all recently. I guess I've been eliminated from the BPL too.

On February 17th I've had a cerebral haemorrhage caused by an aneurism (I had to look those medical terms up myself in a dictionary, but generally that means an artery in my head broke and was bleeding on my brain). I underwent an over 6-hour-long neurosurgical operation, that saved my life and spent a couple of weeks in a hospital. I must say I was lucky and I'm recovering pretty well (except for the constant headaches I'm quite fine), however...

After the opration I'm in danger of epilepsy. To minimize the chances of an epileptic attack I mustn't drink alcohol, go to the discos (because of the stroboscopes), use computer nor watch TV (at least not too much). I also shouldn't drive for my own and other drivers' safety (since I may have attacks anyway and that better not happen while I'm behind the wheel).

The computer ban is probably the worst as I lost my job because of it. It will also postpone my university graduation (I can't finish my master thesis now) and is the reason why I'm writing all this (actually made my brother type this).

I won't be posting for some time so I just wanted to say goodbye (for up to a year) and I hope that we will all celebrate Barca's La Liga in May (or maybe sooner).

Greetings to all of you,
Voyteck

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Oh my God I can't believe this. I'm so sorry man. It's times like this when I realize that football is meaningless in the grand scheme of things.
I've known you for years now, and this is shocking. I don't really know what to say. I was going to send this though PM, but I'm not sure if you would have seen it.
Stay strong. The important thing is that you are ok now.
Have you asked your doctor if using an overhead projector on a screen or some other kind of display would minimize the risk of seizure? Maybe that way you can watch TV and use your PC without the risk. I don't really know much about this topic, but there MUST be some methods of display that are better than others when it comes to this sort of thing.
Shit... I still can't believe this...

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Ive got tears in my eyes. I know that is nothing compared to the pain you have gone through but I offer all of my condolences and Im sure I speak from everyones hearts when I say, get well and I hope you can get your life back to how it once was in one way or another.

If Barcelona when the league I will be thinking of this day I read this post and be thinking of you friend and carrying your thoughts with me. You are and will be missed on XT until you come back.

The forums prayers are with you, this post has still got me in shock

Get will soon friend :cry:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Voyteck said:
Dear XT Cules,

sory to to start a new thread for this, but as some of you may have noticed I haven't been posting at all recently. I guess I've been eliminated from the BPL too.

On February 17th I've had a cerebral haemorrhage caused by an aneurism (I had to look those medical terms up myself in a dictionary, but generally that means an artery in my head broke and was bleeding on my brain). I underwent an over 6-hour-long neurosurgical operation, that saved my life and spent a couple of weeks in a hospital. I must say I was lucky and I'm recovering pretty well (except for the constant headaches I'm quite fine), however...

After the opration I'm in danger of epilepsy. To minimize the chances of an epileptic attack I mustn't drink alcohol, go to the discos (because of the stroboscopes), use computer nor watch TV (at least not too much). I also shouldn't drive for my own and other drivers' safety (since I may have attacks anyway and that better not happen while I'm behind the wheel).

The computer ban is probably the worst as I lost my job because of it. It will also postpone my university graduation (I can't finish my master thesis now) and is the reason why I'm writing all this (actually made my brother type this).

I won't be posting for some time so I just wanted to say goodbye (for up to a year) and I hope that we will all celebrate Barca's La Liga in May (or maybe sooner).

Greetings to all of you,
Voyteck
Jesus... I'm glad that you're here to tell us about it, mate. Take care, your health is the most important. We'll miss you, you are a good poster and your contribution to the forum was/is great.

I wish you can visit us the day that we win La Liga saying: "SOM CAMPIONS!!!" (We're the champions!).

I hope that you can recover and we'll wait for you. Until then, take care. :)

Juan Antonio

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Voyteck said:
I won't be posting for some time so I just wanted to say goodbye (for up to a year)
Shit, I'm still shocked...

Does this mean that you can resume using your PC etc... a year from now? Is the danger temporary? Please, let us know more.

PS: I've made this thread a sticky so that everyone can see it...

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
I feel very sorry for you Voyteck, even though you probably won't know who I am, I wish you all the best and and a as quick as possible full recovery.

sincerly
ciao

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
I'm sorry, so sorry, to hear and read such thing, its hard to understand, maybe its hard to figure why you can't use PC, yet, I can't say more than what others said.

I wish you the best in the coming days, and I wish you get well soon, and wish you the great health, and you get back to your best health and better.

I'd seen your posts and read them, and I know you are a good guy, wish to see you there when we win LA LIGA, and see your posts with us.

can't say more really, its hard to understand, I really feel to damn sad for you, even we don't know echother well, get will :(

M. ALMUTAIRI

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
OMG this is shocking news! :(
you're a great poster Voyteck and we'll miss you a lot here. :cry:
you'll always have a special place in our heart,i wish you the best luck for your recovery and please let us know if there's something new about your health.
we'll wait for you.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I'm literally lumping back tears. Thank you for all the years of devotion--especially putting up goals on your own website at times when watching football goals online was almost unheard of! I hope to hear from you again at some time in the future. Stay healthy. XT will remember you forever.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Oh my god, the news shocked me, especially because I knew the medical terms you refered to. I hope you fully recover, your absence from the forum was noticed, hopefully we could celebrate La Liga together in the near future.

Best Wishes

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Voyteck,

I hope the day isn't too far, when you'll be telling us that you feel strong and healthy again.

Wish you all the best.

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
El Fenómeno. said:
Never really knew you but we're all part of one big human family.

Get well soon :star:

Man, DJ Voyteck is a legend since the early days of this forum. He is the ORIGINAL video supplier! He used to host the goal videos on his own site and update it after every match so that we can all download them... this way back in the day when the Polish websites' bandwidth was like 2 Kb/sec...

·
“Més que un club”
1,359 Posts
:moan: :(

Wow, that's simply horrible. I'm sorry for all the pain you must be going through. I never knew you personally, but I know that you've contributed so much over the years. We'll miss having you around.

Stay strong, even though I know it's going to be tough. What's most important is that you still have the gift of life, so cherish it. Without your health nothing else in the world matters, so just take care of yourself and I'm sure you'll be back as soon as possible.

Best wishes on your recovery process.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Forget the BPL, man.

:cry:

I wish you all the best for you and your family. I'm still in shock after reading your post.

Don't think that your work on Xtratime will ever be forgotten. When we win La Liga, I hope you will celebrate it with us, because we'll all be thinking of you.

Take it easy, my friend.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
:eekani:

Wow, Voyteck, stay strong my friend. And is not just a word, in difficult times, we have to be rocks, we have to think about whats really important and what isn't. I wish the best for you. You will be missed in this board, stay strong so that your family and friends can enjoy you.

Raul

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Shocking news to hear. I hope that you get better soon and are able to post regularly. All the best and I hope you recover completely and are fit again.

Regards,
Haroon.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts