Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ajax midfielder Wesley Sneijder admits he is flattered by interest from Serie A giants Milan in his services.

The Holland international is under contract at Amsterdam ArenA until 2010 but the Rossoneri are long-term admirers of the player.

Ajax rejected a request to allow Milan to have first option on Sneijder when a deal was struck in January to send Jaap Stam to the Dutch capital in the summer.

"I'm flattered by this interest," he told Corriere dello Sport.

"Milan are a fantastic club with players of international value, but, until there is something concrete, I can't say more about this.

"I think I'm ready to play in a big club but it's not me who has to decide this.

"Others must do it.

"At this moment, I'm happy at Ajax and I play in a really important and competitive league like the Dutch one."
--------------

We have been linked with this guy before, anyone think we should go in for him should he become avaliable?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,870 Posts
Looks like he has a clear preference on where to go, and it aint ManU ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
barracuda said:
Looks like he has a clear preference on where to go, and it aint ManU ;)
The advantage for him is at United he would be guaranteed 1st team football week in week out and he could join his dutch pals Ruud and Edwin. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,870 Posts
Red Bed said:
The advantage for him is at United he would be guaranteed 1st team football week in week out and he could join his dutch pals Ruud and Edwin. :thumbsup:
Good point, but I am not sure he should be considered 1st team quality if ManU are to challenge Chelsea next year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
barracuda said:
Good point, but I am not sure he should be considered 1st team quality if ManU are to challenge Chelsea next year.
Sneijder is a great player.

Of course he's 1st team quality, if he wasn't then clubs like AC Milan and United would not even be looking at him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jern Lizardhous said:
setting your standard a bit lower Yatta? ;)

it was Ballack and Diarra last week.
I am just looking at the market and what is avaliable.

Players will be brought in before the world cup and for Manchester Uniteds sake we all hope they are of quality.

If Sneijder comes I don't think many will be disappointed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,487 Posts
If I could between Sneijder and Ballack I´d take Sneijder.
And I agree: I would buy him before the worldcup. I expect him to play a great tournament and then others could grab him away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
delpi_vanni_10 said:
If I could between Sneijder and Ballack I´d take Sneijder.
I think I would do the same.

Sneijder is only 21 I believe.

He also has the potential to become as good as Ballack.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,870 Posts
Red Bed said:
Of course he's 1st team quality, if he wasn't then clubs like AC Milan and United would not even be looking at him.
I would disagree with that. Vogel, D'horasoo, Amoruso, Coloccini etc etc were never brought to Milan as intended starters
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
Red Bed said:
I think I would do the same.

Sneijder is only 21 I believe.

He also has the potential to become as good as Ballack.
Correct. Very complete midfielder for one so young... Surely has the potencial to become even better than Ballack.

Utd need two top class central midfielders, one purely defensive (diarra ?) and a Pirlo like midfielder, playmaker that does both defensive work and creates offensive plays. I believe Sneijder would suit the latter role.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
El Jefecito said:
Utd need two top class central midfielders, one purely defensive (diarra ?) and a Pirlo like midfielder, playmaker that does both defensive work and creates offensive plays. I believe Sneijder would suit the latter role.
:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,439 Posts
i wonder how much he would cost. we should so get him. and diarra too. I wonder why we havent been linked with de jong. A few months back, I was certain he would be coming to us. Delpi van(or anybody else) may I ask u how good de jong is? and also maduro?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
abstar26 said:
i wonder how much he would cost. we should so get him. and diarra too. I wonder why we havent been linked with de jong. A few months back, I was certain he would be coming to us. Delpi van(or anybody else) may I ask u how good de jong is? and also maduro?
de Jong ex Ajax? Good, young all around defender? Moved to HSV in January, to play alongside RVV so he's definately out of the picture.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top