Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing my best to watch Roma V Milan the other night. It is customery in Italian culture to light up flares in the stadium, despite a possible case of injury to the spectators. In England, the last time they tried to light up flares in a match somebody had her eye taken out (not nessecariliy literally) and it was agreed that no club (or fan for that matter) would not use flares or any other firework before or during a football match. However it's very different in Italy, Spectators not only light up the stadium in smoke, but throw it in to the pitch, potentially dangerous to players, potentially dangerous to fans and it makes very bad television viewing.

So why do it?

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Italian football matches without smoke and flare would be like pasta without sauce.. I cannot imagine it happening. It adds colour, passion and a carnival atmosphere to Serie A games if used in the right way. I love witnessing it on television.. it's ok even if I don't get to see things clearly because I feel like I'm right there with them.. immersed with the smoke and atmosphere. Things would be very different if they weren't present. :scared:

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Firenze said:
But doesn't it annoy you at all?
Not in the slightest. Whenever I'm in the ground, the tv audience couldn't be further from my mind, and even if they were on my mind I still wouldn't give two shits.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Cacìni said:
Not in the slightest. Whenever I'm in the ground, the tv audience couldn't be further from my mind, and even if they were on my mind I still wouldn't give two shits.
TV audiences (me!) like it too because it really adds to the atmosphere. I don't even mind that I see nothing but smoke and flare for 10 minutes after a goal!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Nah we don't need the police. :thmbup:

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Cacìni said:
You would.

Do you mean Juventus, or I would need the police? Make yourself clear Cacini.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Cacìni said:
Andy would need the police.
Well, possibly if I was in Rome. But I think I could manage myself.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Cacìni said:
Well, it depends on what we're talking about here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts