Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it is not permitted to use words that might insult others or might offend them, but is it then right to use smilies that do just that?
I think it's a good idea to remove these two from the list :ass: :finger:

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
:finger: is :cool: though...I haven't used the :ass: yet...(now I have)

I like the idea...though :thumbsup:

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Im totally against this idea....i mean those smileys are hilarious....i crack up everytime i see them!

I vote for keeping those smileys.....

Cheers....:ass: :tongue:

p.s. if you want to take away these two smileys then you have to do the same with this :kiss:....i mean someone could get offended!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I agree with Cengo... i think those two smilies are heaps funny and very useful;) :D

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
One sish kebab please! :howler:

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Bazman said:
Why isn't this taken seriously?
Because you have a choice to ignore them and not use them I guess...

Plus they seem decent smilies but I agree with you on having icons that are worded rather then faces etc.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
I'm definitely one of the people who'd never (even under gun threat ;)) use those 2 smilies, or even to type out or say those words anyway. But those 2 smilies may not be necessarily offensive after all. Some people use them in a fun manner, and well, when there's someone who use those smilies meant to insult you, well, just ignore it.

Can you imagine how much time the smiley-designer spent to create those smilies? ;)

But hey, if those 2 smilies get removed I request for the rolleyes smiley to be removed too! I mean, that smiley face makes me want to punch the green guy whenever he pops up! :dielaugh:
And the kiss smiley is also very scary! And sleazy :eek:

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not that anyone has used them at me before, but if somebody used the finger smiley, then I know what he's saying, and I wouldn't like it very much, the same when someone calls me ass but uses the smiley instead.
The roll eyes like to stir things too, but it's more of a whatever type of smiley, and if people don't agree me, and think whatever, yeah, then that's their choice, but I still don't like the finger and the ass smiley. :yuck:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Raven said:
:howler:

Anyway, I take it seriously Bazman. I see what you mean, but it is just that I don't agree with you on this one. I think that the two smilies are not necessarily offensive, since they are also often used in a friendly/funny way. Therefore, I am against taking out these two smilies. :)

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Raven said:
:howler: :howler: :howler:

Ill report you to the admin....:eek:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Cengo, why do you have Frank de Boer in your avatar? ;) :howler:

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Prince-O said:
Cengo, why do you have Frank de Boer in your avatar? ;) :howler:
Cause he isnt getting the support he deserves from Gala fans....its a shame:(

So i hereby ask all XT member to join me in this campign and use my avatar to show FDB that we care and that he is not the lousy defender everyone claims he is!:D

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Cengo said:
Cause he isnt getting the support he deserves from Gala fans....its a shame:(

So i hereby ask all XT member to join me in this campign and use my avatar to show FDB that we care and that he is not the lousy defender everyone claims he is!:D
Sorry mate, I won't join you on this one :D

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Hey, I love the :ass: and :finger: smilies, I thought they were hilarious. Perhaps the members of XT wouldn't find it so offensive if it were a buxomy female derriere. :D
Nedved! said:
And the kiss smiley is also very scary! And sleazy :eek:
Completely agree. :kiss:

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
Actually, I think the :kiss: smiley looks sort of like that one female muppet that played in the band...without the blonde braids.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts