Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello soccer fans,

Its time for the first competition on the new Xtratime Soccer Forums. We will try to make some waves from time to time to add to the entertaiment and to further improve the forums.

This first competition is a smiley & icon competition where you help us decide which smileys and icons to add next. We are in contact with the maker of the smileys you see on the board now and he has agreed to make some smileys exclusively for us. What we need you to do is to come up with ideas and then posting them here describing them in as much detail as possible.

Smileys and icons can only be 16x16 pixels so don't expect a map of the world or something :) Look at the current smileys at http://www.soccerforums.com/index.php?action=showsmilies to get an idea what they can look like. Icons could for example be things like soccerballs or stars.

The ideas should either be general or soccer related so everybody on the forums can use them. Therefore specific clubs and players will most likely not be accepted as designs.

We are aiming for 20 new smileys/icons for you to use in your posts so please be creative and help us to some good descriptions and ideas to hand to the designer. The better the descriptions the better the smileys and the better the smileys the more fun they are to use :)

Thanks for your help and support!

Jan

A

·
0 Posts
roll eyes should be changed!!!

i saw the smileys but i actually didnt like the rolleyes smiley
i would likr you to visit this site and checkout the roll eyes smiley out there
http://www.dailysoccer.com/forum1.html

and jan there is a request for you please on the

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They use the old forum we had so I can just add that smiley later. Anyway this was not about the current ones, but asking ideas for new ones ;) I am sure many like the current ones and would be sad if we just changed them. Its better to add to the selection and then give people the choice I think.

The image code will not be turned on as long as it can be abused and thats still the case. I know it would be popular and would like to turn it on, but the risks are simply too big I think...

Jan

·
International
6,519 Posts
Jan, can you add each club smiley to this forum ? ;)
I would be very thankfull :p

How should it look like ?
Well, i dont know, maybe when i write :lazio: or :parma: the club badge should apear, but animated.

Than you can add I dont care smiley. They should look something like this :-/

Agree and disagree smiley. Agree should look something like hand rotated UP, disagree DOWN.

What do u think ?

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts
Hello Jan,

How about "anxiety" the sweating smilie and "wimp" the smilie in tears?

I

·
0 Posts
icons

how about creating a soccer shoe icon to represent an exclamation point or a trophy icon.

A glove icon to represent a hot topic.

Forever Açores
Forever Portugal
Dragons Rule

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Logo smiles sound cool: but probably unlikely

I like the, very scared
tears(upset)
plain soccer ball
star

dazed and confused, really big eyes mouth open wide
devil and angel, angelo with halo/ devil with horns big teeth.
Greed, smiley face with dollar $ as the eyes

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I agree with ALL the propostitions above and I would also like to add a YUCK! smiley.Maybe a face sticking the tongue outside from disgustemend...:)

Pippo Inzaghi :p

·
International
6,519 Posts
We allready have angry face, gOD.
:mad: <---- isn't that angry enough ?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I'd like to see a SCARY face...
like someone told you that: "Let's swap our Beckham with your GREAT Raul...bla, bla, bla...." Then I must show him a shivery face.....
The shape of this icon might be a a face with several shaking lines aside.

·
International
6,519 Posts
And the results of this competition will be in publicity...

When Jan ? :confused:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When I think everyone who wants to have a shout have shouted I will sum up the suggestions and then hand them to the designer. I wanna remind people about it once more and then in a week or so I will sum up and get things made.

Jan

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
On second thoughts, club smileys may suck because they may get overused and there are just too many clubs. Maybe there should be a groan smiley. Not the sarcastic eyeroll, but a genuine mean pissed off groan. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts