Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We didn't get Triple H. In fact, we didn't get anybody, apart from Booker T. And he doesn't have what it takes to entertain us that much.

Is it me? Or have things gotten worse on the blue side of things?

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Firenze said:
We didn't get Triple H. In fact, we didn't get anybody, apart from Booker T. And he doesn't have what it takes to entertain us that much.

Is it me? Or have things gotten worse on the blue side of things?
Having Triple H would have made Smackdown worse, Booker can have a good title run, hopefully RVD will get a chance as well, but overall the lottery thing sucked, nothing big happened apart from Triple H, and he goes back the next day:( also hopefully Renee Dupree will be used well on Smackdown, the trades were all good mid carders some of which pushing for the top of the card, but nothing major, and that's what was needed. But not that we should be surprised, WWE screw everything up.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
My first impression was that SmackDown! was screwed. I mean with Kurt Angle injured, who is good enough to compete with Eddie for the WWE title?!

It's hard for me to imagine Booker-T or RVD fighting for the WWE title, unless they are going to be turned heels which is, mmm, kinda impossible, specially with RVD who is very popular.

Too bad they screwed the WGTT though, we could have them play against the Dydley Boyz to see who's really the best tag team. :eek:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Yacoob said:
Too bad they screwed the WGTT though, we could have them play against the Dydley Boyz to see who's really the best tag team. :eek:
WGTT by miles, i hate the Dudley boys they suck so bad with their crappy tables matches.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Re: Re: Smackdown is still s***

jimbo jones said:
Having Triple H would have made Smackdown worse, Booker can have a good title run, hopefully RVD will get a chance as well, but overall the lottery thing sucked, nothing big happened apart from Triple H, and he goes back the next day:( also hopefully Renee Dupree will be used well on Smackdown, the trades were all good mid carders some of which pushing for the top of the card, but nothing major, and that's what was needed. But not that we should be surprised, WWE screw everything up.
Indeed!

Triple H :yuck:

Just Imagine...

'Eddie Guerrero hit's the frog splash..... 1..... Hr kicks out'

'Triple H gets up...Pedigree.... 1, 2, 3... new world champ'

'6 Years later...'

'Triple H is still the champ ^_^'

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Smackdown is still s***

JackoTheDon said:
Indeed!

Triple H :yuck:

Just Imagine...

'Eddie Guerrero hit's the frog splash..... 1..... Hr kicks out'

'Triple H gets up...Pedigree.... 1, 2, 3... new world champ'

'6 Years later...'

'Triple H is still the champ ^_^'
:howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler:

Sad but so true, it will be Benoit who gets that treatment now.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
There is something about having a great World Champion though. It makes the show more entertaining. You don't want the title to change hands that often, it should be an event when it does happen. Hulk Hogan in his prime, he was a REAL world champion. Undefeated for a long time and loved by the fans. Triple H is not loved though, but that's ok as well, some times the bad guys must win. :)

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Orange said:
There is something about having a great World Champion though. It makes the show more entertaining. You don't want the title to change hands that often, it should be an event when it does happen. Hulk Hogan in his prime, he was a REAL world champion. Undefeated for a long time and loved by the fans. Triple H is not loved though, but that's ok as well, some times the bad guys must win. :)
1. Hogan is worse than HHH, he is the worst of the worst of the worst, anyone who doubts this needs to look up the story of the NWO, and how Hogan and Nash ruined WCW, and kept everyone down, i.e winning the title and not defending it for months, because he didn't want to lose to Sting.

2. HHH, i used to like him i really did, but sh**ing the boss's daughter to get everything you want, just doesn't sit well with me.

I know where your going witht the titles shouldn't change hands all the time, but HHH is never without a title for more than a month in the past five years (<<<not acurate i just made it up)

I'm sorry but Hogan and HHH are my two most hated wrestlers of all time, and for Hogan it's sad that this is the case, because he did make WWE it what it is, his ego was just to big just like HHH,

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
You are wrong about Hogan, but I agree that WCW after having a few superb years just after Hogan joined, fell a lot in quality. When I was talking about Hogan as a great champion I was thinking about his WWF years before he joined WCW.

Because of this forum, I had a look at BertHart.com today, and found this:

"Bret Hart’s Calgary Sun Column
June 8, 2002

Hulk Hogan.

He hasn’t changed a whole heck of a lot from the way he was the first time I met him back in ‘79.
The first time I met Terry Bollea we were both working for Georgia Championship Wrestling, which eventually evolved into the WCW.
Back then he was known as Sterling Golden. He was very green . And very impressive. On the day I left Atlanta to come home I knocked on his door to say good bye and told him if he ever wanted to learn to wrestle he was welcome to come up and work for my dad any time. He thanked me, and meant it, saying he’d keep it in mind.
The next time I saw him was in Japan. He’d just shot his cameo for the Rocky III movie and was on the verge of mega - stardom that nobody could have even begun to imagine.
Still the same guy.
When I started with the WWF, in August of ‘84, he was on his way to being , without question, the biggest name in the history of wrestling.
I can remember, even during the glory days of Hulkamania, how Terry would come into the dressing room and say hi to every single wrestler. Every night he headlined there was a sell out and throughout the night all the wrestlers would come up to him and whoever his opponent was and thank them both for the house, for putting food on their tables and making wrestling something worth respecting.
I can say that Hulk Hogan was not only a hero to millions of Hulkamaniacs, but to all the wrestlers too.
If Vince McMahon was Julius Caesar, then Hulk Hogan was Alexander the Great.
I remember one time at an airport, in about 1987, when Hulk signed one autograph after another to the point where it took him 45 minutes to get to the gate. They were closing the doors as he was boarding the plane and this one fan asked him for his autograph. He said apologetically, “I’m sorry, I can’t, I’m gonna miss my flight ...” and he got on the plane. I was right behind him and I heard a bystander flippantly remark, “Just like I figured. I always thought he was a jerk.” I thought to myself, that person has no idea how many autographs he just signed. Being a hero like Hulk Hogan it’s hard to make everybody happy but for a guy that’s been wrestling as long as he has he’s certainly done a heck of a job.
Hulk was especially considerate of me when I joined him in the WCW.
I saw him a few days ago at Davey’s funeral and despite the sad backdrop it was nice to catch up on things.
So then I opened up my paper and saw a picture of Hulk, taken in Calgary, with a fifteen year old girl named Amanda Marqniq who dreams of being a pro wrestler but needed a heart transplant.
It brought back what I remember most about Hulk Hogan, even more than his feats as a great wrestler. The countless times the office came to get him from the dressing room to make the wish of a sick or dying child come true. Despite the fact that he was pulled in too many different directions and had little time for himself or his family, Hulk always had all the time in the world for kids who needed him to be their hero. He somehow knew just the right things to say. It was never a burden to him. If anything, it gave him a sense of real purpose. I’ve always tried to follow his example.

In Friday’s paper I read how Amanda has now gotten her new heart. I thought I might just give Hulk a call and let him know. He’d be happy to hear that.

Some things in wrestling have always been real and Hulk Hogan is one of them."

Read this, and tell me all about Hogan's ego again.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
In comparison, Bret Hart about Shawn Michaels:

In March 1996, after seven title reigns, I left wrestling to pursue a
possible TV/movie career, not sure if I would ever go back. Eight months
later I decided to return. Wrestling was my calling and I felt it was
screaming for me to come back.
In my absence, the WWF had been overtaken by Shawn Michaels, a primadonna of
unmatched proportions.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Orange said:

Read this, and tell me all about Hogan's ego again.
Happilly, I was saying he had a big ego at WCW, which saw him become the champion when he was not fit too wrestle, and go months without any title defense, including at the big WCW PPV'S, he also but of his match with Sting that he supposed to drop the title in for 3 months, because he just didn't want to drop the title.

Now i'm not saying he is evil or nothing like that, and maybe he really is a nice guy, but at that time he was greedy, and he and Nash who somehow became WCW's match booker:confused: used there power to keep people they didn't like down in WCW and only push people who sucked up to them, and just for that part of his career, my opinion stands.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
I just saw the documentary "The Monday Night War", and even if Eric Bischoff lost some power before he got forced to leave, my perception from the documentary, was that it was he that was pulling all the strings while he was in charge.

If Nash and Hogan indeed had such influence that seems really odd. Just remember that what they tell you on the show, and what is real, is not always the same thing. :)

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Orange said:
I just saw the documentary "The Monday Night War", and even if Eric Bischoff lost some power before he got forced to leave, my perception from the documentary, was that it was he that was pulling all the strings while he was in charge.

If Nash and Hogan indeed had such influence that seems really odd. Just remember that what they tell you on the show, and what is real, is not always the same thing. :)
Maybe not, same time who's if what's on that dvd is the complete truth, you don't you just have to form your own opinion, and wel i've never liked Hogan, i don't like any gimmicks which bang on aboutnhow great America is, and he should of retired 10 years ago, then i wouldn't hate him so much;)

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
At the same time as Wrestling has to move on, and get new guys, I love seeing the old stars come back. Most of them have had comebacks already, and should probably stay retired. There are a few of though, that there is always room for, just like Rick Flair. A typical late 80s style Hulk Hogan, in yellow with his old intro music, being involved, just like Flair is now, that I would pay to see.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Orange said:
At the same time as Wrestling has to move on, and get new guys, I love seeing the old stars come back. Most of them have had comebacks already, and should probably stay retired. There are a few of though, that there is always room for, just like Rick Flair. A typical late 80s style Hulk Hogan, in yellow with his old intro music, being involved, just like Flair is now, that I would pay to see.
Flair's really still got it so i let him off, Hogan odd appearances i can live with, like Piper did, maybe get Sting to come for a short run as well would be good, but it would have to be a short run with a good storyline giving it some meaning, else it would be pointless IMO, and they should just be Royal Rumble special entrants, Where were they this year:( :mad:

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Orange said:
"Bret Hart’s Calgary Sun Column
June 8, 2002

Hulk Hogan.

He hasn’t changed a whole heck of a lot from the way he was the first time I met him back in ‘79. (...) Hulk was especially considerate of me when I joined him in the WCW.
I saw him a few days ago at Davey’s funeral and despite the sad backdrop it was nice to catch up on things. (...) Hulk always had all the time in the world for kids who needed him to be their hero. He somehow knew just the right things to say. (...) In Friday’s paper I read how Amanda has now gotten her new heart. I thought I might just give Hulk a call and let him know. He’d be happy to hear that.

Some things in wrestling have always been real and Hulk Hogan is one of them."
As for Hulk Hogan again, you were talking about his WCW years, but doesn't these words by Bret Hart prove that Hogan always was and still is a good guy?

According to Hart:
1. He was a good guy when he met him in 1979.
2. He was a good guy when he was a superstar ten years later and all the time in between and after.
3. He took care of Bret Hart when he came to WCW.
4. He has always taken care of children, especially sick ones, and he helps them out in various ways. (This is still something he is doing today, as you can see by the article.)
5. He is still a good guy.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Orange said:
As for Hulk Hogan again, you were talking about his WCW years, but doesn't these words by Bret Hart prove that Hogan always was and still is a good guy?

According to Hart:
1. He was a good guy when he met him in 1979.
2. He was a good guy when he was a superstar ten years later and all the time in between and after.
3. He took care of Bret Hart when he came to WCW.
4. He has always taken care of children, especially sick ones, and he helps them out in various ways. (This is still something he is doing today, as you can see by the article.)
5. He is still a good guy.
No it proves that Bret Hart liked Hogan and Hogan liked Bret Hart, like I said people he liked were pushed, people he didn't got held back, like Jericho for example, who then goes to Raw and becomes one of the biggest names in the WWE.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
But Jericho and Hart are very good friends, and Jericho also trained at the Hart's house. If Jericho had gotten held back by Hogan's orders or by Hogan pushing for his guys to be on top, I assume that Hart wouldn't have liked it.

It was the WCW chairmen and Bischoff that decided to push the big stars, and not bring in anyone new apart from Goldberg.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Orange said:
But Jericho and Hart are very good friends, and Jericho also trained at the Hart's house. If Jericho had gotten held back by Hogan's orders or by Hogan pushing for his guys to be on top, I assume that Hart wouldn't have liked it.

It was the WCW chairmen and Bischoff that decided to push the big stars, and not bring in anyone new apart from Goldberg.
No, Bishoff wasn't always around, it was still going on in the Russo era, and it did happen, can't say i know the extent of it, i would be lieing, but it did happen.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts