Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I´ve just got CM 03/04 and I am shocked about how much this game is loading. Each time I click on that Continue game, it loads for about 3-4 minutes just for two hours on the game.

Is that really normal, or is it my PC (who is supposedly relatively good) ?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
yes that's normal
that's why i play with only one division (france 1st) and medium db.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured that would be the problem. I have all Italian leagues and the top divisions for England and Spain, and a Large database.

·
*the drum drum*
42,568 Posts
Well, firstly, playing a large database isn't recommended unless you have a NASA Supercomputer.. :eek:
Play a medium database, and you will still get most of the players you need, and the game will be much quicker.. A large database loads up way too many players and staff, almost twice as much as a medium one :rollani:

Next, you might want to play the leagues without the "full detail" checkbox checked.. The background leagues may spring the odd result or two, but it makes for a faster game..

Finally, just how 'relatively good' is your system?
With the configuration you chose, you're running 9 divisions, which could be too much for your system to handle.. Even playing the Italian league as "Serie C1 & above" instead of playing all will probably make a notable difference in speed (it will have 3 less divisions to process)..

Without knowing much about your system (I'd have to do some checking up even if I did have your specs), I'd recommend playing Italy with Serie B and above, unless you want lower league managing, then choose Serie C1. And turn full detail off all leagues, and play a medium database..
It won't be quick (like CM01/02), but it will be quicker...

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I decided to start all over since i had barely started, and now use a medium database and just two Italian divisions. :)

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
A few quieries...

1. Will Romanian players be left out on a medium database? I am on large. Which kind of players will be left out?
2. What is the difference between full detail and medium database? Does full detil mode get you media interviews? Because i am not on full detail and have nbo interviews.
3. What are background leagues.

·
*the drum drum*
42,568 Posts
You can always use the "RETAIN_NATION_PLAYERS" "Romania" command to make sure the Romanian players are loaded..
Write that command in notepad, save the file as "Romania.DDT", and put it in the "data/db" folder..

That will load up all the Romanian players..

More EDT and DDT commands: http://www.xtratime.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113099

On a large database, you get a lot of dead wood loaded up.. Basically, 90% of the extra players are useless, and only a few of the 10% are better than just decent..

Full detail will take more time to process results, which makes it more accurate/realistic.. But it will also take up more time :rollani:
By interviews, I think SI just meant the press asking you simple questions like they sometimes do :rollani: I got them without full detail..

Background leagues are leagues that are running in the game, but that you aren't managing in..

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
I never get media questions. Ever. Do I need to do anything special?

Next time, I will choose Medium Database. I noticed loads of useless teams like Cadbury something, and Daisy Hill loaded up, and I don't need them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts