Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just got the new cm for Christmas, it is not too slow apart from at the end of a match in the leauge it is stupidly slow..I used a quick start England game but how can I make it faster?

cheers

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Hi,

Have you selected many leagues at the beginning of your game? Or a large database or full detail in too many leagues? If you have selected over the league limit given I would start a new game with less leagues.

And just out of curiosity, how long did it take to set up your first game?

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
YM, if that's a quick start, it's about as fast as it'll go. I'm not sure if the database size has any effect on the quick starts.

·
1st Tier Poster
48,637 Posts
Well, the most obvious answer is: buy a better PC.If that's out of the question, then play with only one division and small database.And turn off anti-virus programs when you are playing CM.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Quick starts are on full detail, so to remove some processing speed don't have it on full detail:)

Oh, & what sort of spec PC do you have?

I played a season of 01/02 last night, only took 6 hours for one season, you could never do that with the new engine

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, if I do set the English league to only say the Premier and first division how much part will the lower league sides play in the game? For example, will they still buy players and play in cup mathces?

·
*the drum drum*
42,532 Posts
They'll still be part of the game, but they they won't play in a league..

Still, there will be promotion/relegation between the 1st and 2nd division... It'll just be more random though..

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Hi guys..

But it total.. I think 03/04 is slower than CM4.. I started a game with the exact same things I chose for CM4.. even less:

English EPL, Div 1, Div 2
Serie A & B
La Liga

And took Liverpool and Fiorentina..

my PC is quite good.. Pentium 4.. 2.0 GB.. 512 RAM..

I think I'll try choosing EPL, Div 1 and Serie A and La Liga.. but choose one team only (say Liverpool) and see how fast it gets..

·
Fourth Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
7,783 Posts
for me its probably about the same as cm4, but waaaaaaaaay slower than 01/02

but im playing wales, barry town, medium database...and only have welsh league on, not full detail.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Ooh, that'll easily screw up your experience. I've got a 2 Ghz Pentium 4 with 512 megs of RAM, and 01/02 runs very fast even with eight to nine foreground leagues. 03/04 runs much slower even with five or six leagues and only one league using Full Detail (the equivalent of a foreground league). I can imagine how slowly it must run on a 733 with 64 megs. :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts