Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, after 10 years, Slovan is the champion of Slovakia again.

:proud:

Fantastic season, Pecko did a brilliant job.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Congrats :thumbsup: It must have been hard years, if I'm not mistaken, you played also 3rd league in meanwhile?!

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am seething with anger as I type this, but Pecko was fired by the management :)howler::howler::howler::howler:), and replaced with Dusan Uhrin St., the former coach of Sparta Praha and the Czech national team.

No justification whatsoever, just some nonsense about having to do well in Europe. Just like Zilina when they fired Vrba; they changed from one of the most exhilarating Slovak teams ever to just another decent side because of one match in the Uefa Cup. Morons.

And now Slovan kicks a legend of the club to the curb after he won the title, simply amazing. I thought Tittel was better than this, I really did. What an incredible shame.

I hope Pecko is hired by Trnava and stuffs it to Tittel after this bullshit.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
it´s shocking but later even Lacko Pecko admitted he can only learn from Uhrin sr. Legend :proud:

Slovan is heading to the group phase of Champions League and Slovan management somehow doubted that Pecko could do the job. I´ve seen Napoli game life, mid-table italian team made us look very mediocre in every area. It was just a friendly and players were thinking more on after-game celebration but still, I was thinking are we really going to the Europe with THIS ? Last-season´s Slovan stands no chance vs tougher opponents in Europe. Being good in Slovakia doesn´t mean a shit in Europe, we all know :D

Love Lacko Pecko but Slovan can´t decline their ambitions because of inability to do difficult decisions that could carry us to the promised land. With Kmotrik´s money and Uhrin sr. on bench, I start to believe we could somehow sneak into the ChL´s group stage.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it´s shocking but later even Lacko Pecko admitted he can only learn from Uhrin sr. Legend :proud:

Slovan is heading to the group phase of Champions League and Slovan management somehow doubted that Pecko could do the job. I´ve seen Napoli game life, mid-table italian team made us look very mediocre in every area. It was just a friendly and players were thinking more on after-game celebration but still, I was thinking are we really going to the Europe with THIS ? Last-season´s Slovan stands no chance vs tougher opponents in Europe. Being good in Slovakia doesn´t mean a shit in Europe, we all know :D

Love Lacko Pecko but Slovan can´t decline their ambitions because of inability to do difficult decisions that could carry us to the promised land. With Kmotrik´s money and Uhrin sr. on bench, I start to believe we could somehow sneak into the ChL´s group stage.
I don't doubt Uhrin's quality, but Pecko deserves far more respect. They should have made this decision earlier, and should have told Pecko that something like this could maybe happen. Instead, it's a kick in the balls to a man who deserves far better. This is typical of Slovakian ambitions; always hurrying to do things as if it's life or death. Slovan will get more chances at the CL, since they are set up for a nice 3-5 year run to challenge for the title in the league.

Reminds me of the time when Artmedia got into the CL group stages, and wanted to build a stadium and buy all sorts of players and become a big side who could regularly get to the Uefa Cup or CL.

And we know how that turned out.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Slovan needs to get rid of these sentiments while international succes of Slovan is urgent as never before and is really a thing of a hurry. In th early 1990ies Slovan use to be relegated by top teams like Real and AC Milan, later by respectable teams like Aston Villa, pre-Abramovich´s Chelsea, Dortmund, Kaiserslautern until we went downhill and were kicked in the balls even by semi-decent sides like Trabzonspor, Liberec, Famagusta or Rapid Vienna :yuck:

1990ies and 2000ies were true disaster on international stage and Slovan never re-gained lost respect. I think everyone who remember last 20 painfull years can only applaud to club´s international ambitions. I was waiting too long, we have no time to wait until our head coach get´s some experience, we need a coach who has something under his belt RIGHT NOW !

L.Pecko is great guy, he´s an absolute Slovan legend in my eyes but if I could choose between Slovan with Pecko being relegated in 2nd preliminaries or with Uhrin sr. playing Group Stage of ChL, I´d take the second option and run.

Of course, nothing is guaranteed with or without Uhrin sr. we can discuss about a poor timing of this charade but hey, hiring coach as Uhrin sr. is always a positive change.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The timing just looks unprofessional, but I do hope Slovan rises again.

Slovak football needs it, quite frankly.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After the embarrassment against Ajax (0-5), Slovan lost 0-3 to Presov yesterday, and Dusan Uhrin St. resigned.

Can't say I'm surprised it turned out like this.

·
皇帝
933 Posts
After the embarrassment against Ajax (0-5), Slovan lost 0-3 to Presov yesterday, and Dusan Uhrin St. resigned.

Can't say I'm surprised it turned out like this.
However managment didn´t accepted his abdication.

In my opinion the problem is not in Uhrin which done his job as he should but in some overrated primabalerinas which should be fired. Now I´m talking about experts like Kozák, Dosoudil, Halenár, Petras, Valachovic, Simao and such. Slovak is too old as we can see and Masaryk is once again prooving ourself that he is enought maximally on our league. But Kmotrik, in all his wisdom, fired Hanek which was one of the best defenders in the league and replaced him by Dosoudil the woodsman...

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Dosoudil´s positioning is just bad + Saláta isn´t exactly defending genious, too. Our defence sucks. Shame that Valachovič isn´t any younger.

Our midfield is bellow average, only Slovák is worth of his money. Kozák is too slow. He was always slow but at least he could pass the ball. Now even his passing is dubious.

Our attack non-existant, in 5 european games we managed to achieve 4 goalless games. Halenár is overrated bum who shines in 1 of 10 games or so and doesn´t matter who is opponent. He´s able to shine vs Celtic one game and play like shit against Dubnicas or Vions of this world. Masaryk is...nah we all know who is Masaryk. 10% Demo version of Martin Jakubko at most.

I don´t blame Uhrin at all, he´s one coaching legend who just let himself fooled by former fame of Slovan. Slovan is laughing stock in Europe, officially.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nothing new, really.

Slovan's league position looks a lot better than those seats. :D

Zilina has stumbled a bit recently, surprisingly, so it's looking good for Slovan, but it's still very close. Kosice have improved, and are only a few points behind Dubnica for that last spot. Going to be an interesting last two months.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Slovak Cup final game

Slovan Bratislava - Spartak Trnava 6:0 :musik:

Goals: 12. Saláta, 18. Božič, 34. Sylvestr, 65. Breznaník, 68. Guédé, 88. Dobrotka
Ref: Vlk
Booked: Kožuch, Schmidt, Banovič - Masaryk
Attendance: 3752

Spartak: Slovenčiak - Juhász, Banovič (68. Hlavatovič), Kožuch, Schmidt - Procházka, Kopúnek, Neto (21. Súkenník), Mikovič - Štyvar (46. Nascimento), Guldan

Slovan: Putnocký - Dobrotka, Saláta, Dosoudil, Had - Obžera, Guédé, Božič (53. Grendel), Breznaník (73. Ivana) - Masaryk, Sylvestr (81. Kuzma)

·
皇帝
933 Posts
Slovak Cup final game

Slovan Bratislava - Spartak Trnava 6:0 :musik:

Goals: 12. Saláta, 18. Božič, 34. Sylvestr, 65. Breznaník, 68. Guédé, 88. Dobrotka
Ref: Vlk
Booked: Kožuch, Schmidt, Banovič - Masaryk
Attendance: 3752

Spartak: Slovenčiak - Juhász, Banovič (68. Hlavatovič), Kožuch, Schmidt - Procházka, Kopúnek, Neto (21. Súkenník), Mikovič - Štyvar (46. Nascimento), Guldan

Slovan: Putnocký - Dobrotka, Saláta, Dosoudil, Had - Obžera, Guédé, Božič (53. Grendel), Breznaník (73. Ivana) - Masaryk, Sylvestr (81. Kuzma)
:musik::musik::musik:

You can´t even imagine how do I regret not beeing there as well, but I was on job interview today :moan:

1 - 20 of 246 Posts