Xtratime Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not talking about Messi, CR7, Neymar etc. etc.
Right now every player feels like he is special even when he is "slightly above average". At best!
Kessie? How many players like Kessie are there on the planet? 8.5 million euros per season? lol, really? PSG are ready to give him 12 million euros? Let him go! The offer of Milan (6!!!) is more than rich for a player like Kessie.
Insigne? The guy with one-movement-one in attack who scores mostly thanks to penalties and is hardly ever crucial for the NT? 6 million euros per season and an una tantum of 7 million, a sort of fidelity card? What is that??? Again, the offer Napoli made (5!!!!) is more than rich. Let him go!!!

·
Registered
24,435 Posts
Hakan, who settled for just a smaller increase when moving to Inter. there is a possibility they will even regret that.

Whats the status of Vlahovic by the way? He is good, but so far he pretty much only scored penalties.

Also, everyone that have the fat one as agent.

·
Registered
18,336 Posts
I agree about Insigne, but Kessie is more than slightly above average, though his demands are still too high. The point though is it is not so easy to replace him.

·
Registered
14,410 Posts
We're moving to a different era it seems, in which wages are a lot higher and much more important than transfer fees.

I personally wish money was 1% of what it is in football these days, but I also have to say I don't mind too much that it's footballers, who by the way overwhelming come from poor backgrounds, rather than other actors who are getting a larger percentage of the pie (without minimizing the role of parasitic agents).

Ideally the clubs who formed these players get something too in relation to salaries and not only transfer fees.

·
Registered
41,065 Posts
Hakan, who settled for just a smaller increase when moving to Inter. there is a possibility they will even regret that.

Whats the status of Vlahovic by the way? He is good, but so far he pretty much only scored penalties.

Also, everyone that have the fat one as agent.
10 out of 31 is not only penalties. 3 out of 6 this season.

He btw rejected Fiorentina's offer. Doesn't want the buyout clause to be so high, but in Serbian media he's expressed multiple times that he wants to stay.

Like Van, I wish money didn't play such a big role in football, as it tends to ruin people and the game itself.

·
Registered
24,435 Posts
I agree about Insigne, but Kessie is more than slightly above average, though his demands are still too high. The point though is it is not so easy to replace him.
i always rated bennacer higher than him, its just that kessie hardly missed a game last season while bennacer missed half the season. Add to that tonali been way better than him so far this season. The questionmark is what is behind them. Bakayoko seems like a dud, Krunic is mediocre at best. We got Adli too, but i never seen him play.

as for kessie himself. He is a very good player that will never be world class. He dont have any pf those attributes that would make him stand out that way. He lack the tenacity of a gattuso, the speed of kante, the passing of anyone skillful, and the shot of a YayaT. He is just a hardworking, good defensive player with safe passing. And the safe passing was just last season.

·
Registered
24,435 Posts
10 out of 31 is not only penalties. 3 out of 6 this season.

He btw rejected Fiorentina's offer. Doesn't want the buyout clause to be so high, but in Serbian media he's expressed multiple times that he wants to stay.
I was just thinking about this season, i only remember seeing one goal in open play (on a corner)

i also dont believe a word spoken by a footballer. Going by that kessie would have signed for us and dollarumma would still be around. Have hakan kissed inters badge yet?

·
Registered
14,410 Posts
i always rated bennacer higher than him, its just that kessie hardly missed a game last season while bennacer missed half the season. Add to that tonali been way better than him so far this season. The questionmark is what is behind them. Bakayoko seems like a dud, Krunic is mediocre at best. We got Adli too, but i never seen him play.

as for kessie himself. He is a very good player that will never be world class. He dont have any pf those attributes that would make him stand out that way. He lack the tenacity of a gattuso, the speed of kante, the passing of anyone skillful, and the shot of a YayaT. He is just a hardworking, good defensive player with safe passing. And the safe passing was just last season.
I'd imagine when he goes we'll sign someone. Both Tonali and Bennacer seem injury prone. We've been linked with a DMC/CB Kamara from Marseille for a while for example.

Other than that, Bakayoko might be okay as a sub, and long-term I still trust that Pobega can be given chances and become useful when he's back. He's been not bad every time I have seen him.

Still not sure whether Adli is more a CM or AMC.

·
Registered
18,336 Posts

I respect your opinion but I have definitely noticed a trend in the AC Milan forum to suddenly start devaluing a player's historical contribution with the club when the player chose to not sign with Milan. It happened with Hakan, who was great for you in the first half of the season when you had a full squad, and it's happening now with Kessie, who was head and shoulders above other midfielders in the league.

To say he has no special world class attribute is a convenient shortcut that fails to recognize he is a very well rounded midfielder and one of the best at that. Suddenly Bennacer is better than Kessie (I read it all over the Milan forum) but as you say he is hardly able to play.

I'm not accusing you particularly of flipping on him but I wonder if you'd recognize it if you were.

·
Registered
24,435 Posts
Suddenly? I been saying bennacer is better for two years. Bennecer is one of the few that actually performed well before summer 2020 when our team really started to click and kessie and hakan finally started having good performances after years of mediocrisy. Bennecer with empoli, national team and us was mever mediocre.

i was one of those who defended kessie back in the day, but truth is that he didnt perform well before pioli cur his offensive duties and put a playmaker in front of him. He lacks offensive qualities. Hakan can't play well outside his comfort zone, which is just what I said about his move to Inter. He play to deep with them, just the position which he sucked for us.

·
Registered
48,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@camelface you are playing the agents game: one decent season and a club must increase the wages. Any half decent performance is praised so much, by the supporters first of all, that it deserves an increase in the wages. Montella praises Balotelli for scoring one goal for 4 games in a row in a league filled of serie A hasbeens (consider what is serie A nowaday!) and in that way he also praises himself for this "achievement". "I will help Balotelli gaining back the NT". The Italian main sporting newspaper interviews Montella, author of the huge achievement to bring Adana Demirspor to the 10th position, and suggests that maybe this achievement could open new scenarios for Montella in serie A. Four flops in a row with Sampdoria, Milan, Sevilla and Fiorentina are cancelled by 10 points in 4 games in the mighty Turkish Superlig.
Similarly, I have yet to get the huge achievement of Hakan Calhanoglu in serie A. We are talking about a player who must thank that there is no more the 2/3 foreign players limit because if it existed he wouldn't have been a serie A player for more than a pair of seasons.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
I agree with most what Johan said as well. I have been a huge fan of Bennacer right from the start. Kessie and Hakan not so much even if I recognize that they played well last season.. Kessie impressed me in the preseason of his first year, but no so much after beside the last season...
Hakan getting 5-6 M Euro per season at Inter and now they struggle to give the same to Brozovic... Crazy given how much better and important Brozovic is and will be for them
Kessie demanding 8.5 M per year is outrageous(if true). Anyway Tonali was won me over this season. He has the potential to be better than Kessie in pretty much every department(except body strength, but Tonali himself is surprisingly strong..,)
Have no sympathy for Hakan and Kessie who should know that we stuck with them even when they sucked and now they have some success they demand huge sums when they know most clubs struggle financially..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts