1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
amazing idiocy, 2nd best player in FIFA award can't make the team. :googly:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Is this the same Jimmy that went 12 games without a goal!! :nono: I dont think Henry has gone more than 2 games without scoring all season. :rollani:

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Haha Sky Sport have no clue at all.. they added Jaidi in there, hes scored more than he has stopped. My team so far would be

GK: Petr Cech
DF: Terry
DF: Stubbs
DF: Campbell
MD: Robben
MD: Gravesen
MD: Fabregas
MD: Gerrard
SC: Henry
SC: AJ
SC: Defoe

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Stretford said:
why what United players would you put in there? it's whos played the best not who's got the most talent, you best player has been injured most of the season, and your other big hitters (ronaldo, scholes, keane etc.) have been out of form although Keane and Scholes are starting to look better.

Why pfft? Milan Baros has been immense, I'd probably have Andy Johnson and Henry in mine, but Baros is a good call

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
When Joaquin joins Chelsea, the EPL team will be a clone of our NT :star:

All kidding aside, I'd change Henry/Rooney to the first 2 upfront and take away this Downing fellow for Pires. The rest seem pretty deserving so anyone I would change them for would have the same effect IMO.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
Interista said:
Haha Sky Sport have no clue at all.. they added Jaidi in there, hes scored more than he has stopped. My team so far would be

GK: Petr Cech
DF: Campbell
MD: Robben
MD: Gravesen
MD: Fabregas
MD: Gerrard
SC: Henry
SC: AJ
SC: Defoe
swap gerard with lampard and that is about right

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
If Henry is the leading scorer you'd think by default he's the best forward/striker in the league, wouldn't you? :googly:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Either I've been ignorant of the EPL
....or Sky Sports is crazy. :googly:

How can you have a team WITHOUT Henry?!?!? :irritate: He's been the best striker all season. It's inane! I'd replace Hasslebaink with Henry. I don't know about Baros but I haven't seen much of him this season.

I'd take Niemi off and put Cech in, and Pires & Cesc deserve to be in more than Downing does. :finger:

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Let's see...I think my list would go more like this:

GK: Cech - as few goals as he's given up, he's gotta be the number 1.
DF: Jahidi
MF: Robben
MF: Lampard
MF: Gravesen
MF: Downing
MF: Pires
FW: Henry
FW: Baros

SUBS
GK: Keller
DF: Carvalho
MF: Carsley
FW: Defoe

The more I look at the Premmy statistics, I realise just how stupid Sky is. Henry has 16 goals in the Premiership, 6 more than any other player. Yet he's excluded? And the player second to him is...Robert Pires, also excluded. Yet they include Hassselbaink who has 5 of his 8 goals in just 2 games?

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I haven't really noticed Stubbs being particullarly outstanding this year. Neither Jaidi, bar the fact he's picked up a few goals.

If you're looking for centre-backs, I'd look at Olof Mellberg or Ledly King alongside JT. Something like:

Cech

Mellberg
Terry
King

Robben
Gerrard
Gravesen
Fabregas
Duff

Johnson
Henry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts