Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
2961 - 2980 of 3015 Posts

·
Registered
36,124 Posts
The BBC is state sponsored propaganda, great to see them being called out for the partisan hacks they've always been.
Are Britons still forced to pay for this garbage at gunpoint or not?

Reactions: Boyo

·
Registered
32,058 Posts
Shapiro did pretty well, but the stunt towards the end was unnecessary, just as Neil was beginning ask about the book. He sure knows how to gain exposure though.

Isn't Neil supposed to be the token Conservative at BBC, btw, the one they haven't weeded out yet?

·
Registered
13,647 Posts
Shapiro did pretty well, but the stunt towards the end was unnecessary, just as Neil was beginning ask about the book. He sure knows how to gain exposure though.

Isn't Neil supposed to be the token Conservative at BBC, btw, the one they haven't weeded out yet?
Really? I think Ben was a total sucker in this interview. No matter how retarded some questions were(especially regarding youtube titles) his outburst greased the wheels for the Brit dude's last remark "Thank you for showing that anger is not in the American political discourse!"

·
Registered
32,058 Posts
Really? I think Ben was a total sucker in this interview. No matter how retarded some questions were(especially regarding youtube titles) his outburst greased the wheels for the Brit dude's last remark "Thank you for showing that anger is not in the American political discourse!"

Neil had greased the wheels double himself with the Dark Ages comment and others that Shapiro pounced on."I just ask questions, you know, since I'm an old school objective journalist type, not like you New Media opinionated sensationalists." :facepalm: More like his interns had looked up whatever Shapiro's profile said on Media Matters and other lefty smear sites.

·
Registered
13,647 Posts
Neil had greased the wheels double himself with the Dark Ages comment and others that Shapiro pounced on."I just ask questions, you know, since I'm an old school objective journalist type, not like you New Media opinionated sensationalists." :facepalm: More like his interns had looked up whatever Shapiro's profile said on Media Matters and other lefty smear sites.
I don't judge journalists by the same standard as pop-intellectuals. It's textbook for them to smear shit all over you and Ben was supposed to handle it wittingly the same way he does snot-nosed brats considering the high esteem he holds himself in. "I'm famous and nobody knows you", that's a football player's comeback...

Reactions: camelface and Ero

·
Registered
36,124 Posts
I think he was genuinely frustrated at the same smear tactics from the hacktivist MSM and especially the parasitic vermin at the BBC. He tried several times to have a civic discourse it seems.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
He was being a sarcastic, condescending prick throughout the whole interview. Note how he rarely even looks at his guest. Then he has the audacity of pretend he doesn't know who Shapiro is, to which Ben aptly asks why he's interviewing him then. Complete hack "journalist". :yuck:

·
Registered
13,647 Posts
He was being a sarcastic, condescending prick throughout the whole interview. Note how he rarely even looks at his guest. Then he has the audacity of pretend he doesn't know who Shapiro is, to which Ben aptly asks why he's interviewing him then. Complete hack "journalist". :yuck:
Nobody's defending the journalist, to be sure.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts

·
Registered
36,124 Posts

Pass the soy!

·
Registered
36,124 Posts

Because, as always, the market provides :yess:

Reactions: Ante

·
Registered
44,837 Posts
He admitted he messed up as well. It seemed to me like he was expecting to eat the interviewer up like Jordan Peterson did to Cathy Newman. But he went off on an "opening" which wasn't an opening at all. He should have let the interviewer actually commit and, even then, he should have focused his rebuttal instead of going off on an aimless rant.

British interviewers tend to carry themselves differently. They can be scathing but demeanour, etiquette and composure are part of the package when they engage. Watch a true master stump the same interviewer and rattle him with the reminder that he worked for Fox News. :D

Btw, you can tell that Galloway was in the right not only from Neil's implicit recognition of the original arrangement but from the "Syria" caption.

There are other videos where Galloway was invited on the pretext of discussing something only to be ambushed by something else. :D

Here's one of my favourites...ITV brings on a "voter" to blast him...but she happens to be from a place where Galloway's party isn't even contesting. He lets 'em have it. :D

·
Registered
32,058 Posts
Neil can be rattled by accusations of being rightwing, because that's a dangerous position to hold in the UK. That weapon wasn't available to Shapiro since he's a Conservative himself and not a Lefty like Galloway.

2961 - 2980 of 3015 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.