Xtratime Community banner

Who will win the Turkish league title?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that at this point, it's obvious that one of these two will become champion.

Are they the 2 best teams in the league? No. But things went in their way this season, Besiktas showed a good performance in the second half of the league and won allmost every single game, I got nothing to say for that and they have been the best team of the second half, but Sivas's ass has been saved by the refs quite a few times as these refs have a sympathy for this shitty small club. Besiktas doesnt plays fabolous football or is the best team in the league but the team scores on the right moments, they allmost dont have any injuries in the squad and luck is on their side lately.

I was wondering, who do you guys think and want to become champion?

I hope that Besiktas will become champion and go to the CL directly. Just need to make sure they dont face Liverpool anymore. Sivas will most likely end second but I wish the refs stopped helping them so they could make a downfall and leave the other CL spot to another team.

·
*the drum drum*
42,888 Posts
Fenerbahçe and Galatasaray could possibly prefer to lose their matches against Beşiktaş. There's too much money banking on Sivasspor NOT winning the league, and we'll see how the trio handle that affair.

There will also be talk about Beşiktaş and Fenerbahçe doing a deal to trade the league match for the imminent Cup match :howler:

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you guys think that they could choke and that either GS or FB will still become champ?

Sivas are playing Trabzon @ home, Antep, Konya, and GS away. Rest of their fixture are easy, they might lose points in these games. If it wasnt for the refs they would lose in other games too but thats another story.

Besiktas's playing GS and Fener at home, and play Eskisehirspor, Ankaragucu, Ankaraspor and Denizlispor away, this is a very difficult fixture IMO and they might not be as lucky as they were vs Kocealispor.

Somehow one of these 2 will choke, aha buraya yazdim. :D

If either FB or GS might put up a miracle its probably us, the rest of our fixture is easy on papaer

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Compare both of the teams stats and try to form an opinion on that: Sivas v Beşiktaş

I understand that most people would believe that Besiktas will win it, well, because they are besiktas after all. However I want Sivas to win it only to set a precedent. I want both teams to represent us in the Champions League. With Besiktas being a runner up, that would mean they have a better chance of qualifying to the CL next season.

The important thing is that for the first time ever, there will be five teams representing us in Europe, it's all i am looking forward too anyway.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
As for who will win it...

Sivas' fixtures:

Konya v Sivas, Sivas v Trabzon, Gaziantep v Sivas, Sivas v IBB,
Hacettepe v Sivas, Sivas v Gencler and finally Galatasaray v Sivas.

Besiktas' fixtures:

BJK v Bursa, Eskisehir v BJK, BJK v Fenerbahce, Ankaraspor v BJK,
Ankaragucu v BJK, BJK v Galatasaray and finally Denizli v BJK.

I don't know about you guys but Sivas have the easier chance, they're also one point ahead.

One more point, Denizlispor may be relegated this year so while Sivas battle it out against Galatasaray, Denizli will beat Besiktas on the last game of the season to save the team from being relegated.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
I want Sivas to win it.

1) I'd love to see Sivasspor - Manchester United game.
2) I'd love to see the reaction in Turkey, I mean what kind of effect will it cause?
3) I'd love to see Sivas transfer policy and youth policy.
4) I'd love to hear Bulent Uygun saying 'We are Turks, when we want, we can beat anyone and that goes for you too, Ferguson... 'sir'mis... :howler:

Fenerbahce, Galatasaray, Besiktas in Europa League together would mean A LOT of points for Turkey, just like Ukraine did it this year. But It saddens me to see that no Turkish club is CL quality.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Why the hell would we need a lot of co-ef points anyway? AS long as we permanently have a team qualifying directly to the CL for a while then im fine with that.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
I'm so glad that the league is as exciting as can be going into the last 7 weeks. No one can say for certain that it will either be Sivas or Besiktas because Trabzon, Fener, Galatasaray are all still in the race. Every week is a new development, the league is pretty balanced with the exception of Hacettepe. Many teams can pull surprises, especially ones within points of relegation.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Why the hell would we need a lot of co-ef points anyway? AS long as we permanently have a team qualifying directly to the CL for a while then im fine with that.
If we lose too many coefficient points, we will slip in the rankings and lose the right to have our champion proceed directly into the group stages

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Belgium and Greece lost the auto CL spot ranking because of two poor seasons.
(Belgium champions will get back in, for CL champions will very likely open up an extra slot - Barsa/ManU/Chelsea/Porto, for instance.)

Scotland is going to lose the CL spot in 2010/11 because Rangers exited Europe without collecting a point this season.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
And because I believe we can IMPROVE and stop being so inconsistent.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Yeah bro I understand what you are all saying, but if you look at the table closely, we will not drop down to 13th place anytime soon.

Over the course of next two seasons, we will lose 5.3 points and 4 points respectively... If anything, we have an advantage over other countries above us because they will all lose 8+ points.

Just say, hypothetically, we have two teams in the CL, that's 6 automatic points in the CL. This year in Europe we have had 12 wins in Europe altogether, we wont have less amounts of wins next season too. Even though we will divide our points by five next year, I believe we will catch up to the others anyway.

So my point is, don't fret about the co-efficient point system because it's working to our advantage at the moment.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
By the way, if Galatasaray are guaranteed third/fourth place by the last match, and have no opportunity to qualify for CL, wouldn't it be funny to throw out our reserves against Sivas and let them beat us 8-0?

:howler:

Carsi would continue their 8-0'i unutma chants for the next fifty years after that :howler:

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
This whole thread almost feels like a sad attempt to jinx these two teams :pp. But if we're all being serious here, I'd rather Besiktas win the championship.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
By the way, if Galatasaray are guaranteed third/fourth place by the last match, and have no opportunity to qualify for CL, wouldn't it be funny to throw out our reserves against Sivas and let them beat us 8-0?
Haha, if Sivas didn't suffer from the stress and Anadolu teams were lenient on them next few weeks, they would be champions by Wk.33.
This whole thread almost feels like a sad attempt to jinx these two teams :pp.
At least, there's a thread. Look at the mainstream media. Sivas is non-existent. They don't spare a second to discuss Sivas' match. Trabzon or Bursa, even one from Izmir wouldn't be this bad. I sense everyone hates what Uygun has done, but cannot utter a word. :howler:

·
Registered
30,022 Posts

:howler:

Carsi would continue their 8-0'i unutma chants for the next fifty years after that :howler:
Which 8-0, ours or theirs. :pp

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would love it if the game that would depend the championsship would be Galatasaray-Sivasspor, but Besiktas is playing Denizlispor and some have choked their in their final game. :D

I would love to see us beat Sivas and let them lose the title.. wow imagine us taking the 2nd spot from there.. id cum all over the place :happy: :)drunk:)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts