Xtratime Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hearing some troubling concerns that sissoko's struggles are primarly attributed to his duty to oblige to ramadan. i mean, i have no problem with that on a humanistic level. but if it's affecting his play maybe he should be benched until ramadan's over so he can then adhere to the life of a professional footballer.

my apologies if this sounds insensitive but allah doesn't pay his salary and if his duty to islam is much more important than his duty to his profession there's no reason why he should be disappointed if he sat in tribuna for however long ramadan lasts.

·
Administrator
53,562 Posts
It ends next tuesday. And he is under a strict nutritious diet program of our doctor Agricola, so its not like he is totally going on a Gandhi diet. It effects him ofcourse, but not that significantly or is it the only factor of why he is struggling (and as you said, there is enough backup to relieve him for a week).

There are dozens of top flight players who are fasting too (Inters Muntari for one), dont think they are all struggling like Momo, one can cope with it if well planned together with the staff(though not drinking water in the middle of games is a main obstacle).

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
regardless it's affecting his program/play and to me that's horseshit. not being able to eat during daylight hours requires a huge adjustment to his preparations. the coverage isn't exactly as great as you presume considering the only front-liner to cover is poulsen with marchisio being available once he recovers from all the hard work he exuded patching up for momo to recover for all his turnovers against cagliari.

i can't believe we're even having this conversation.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Less than a week left of Ramadan, i see no reason for it to be an issue now.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
hearing some troubling concerns that sissoko's struggles are primarly attributed to his duty to oblige to ramadan. i mean, i have no problem with that on a humanistic level. but if it's affecting his play maybe he should be benched until ramadan's over so he can then adhere to the life of a professional footballer.

my apologies if this sounds insensitive but allah doesn't pay his salary and if his duty to islam is much more important than his duty to his profession there's no reason why he should be disappointed if he sat in tribuna for however long ramadan lasts.
Oh relax ffs, Ramadan will be over on the 30th.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh relax ffs, Ramadan will be over on the 30th.
i couldn't care less when it's over. it could last until the next coming of jesus christ for all i care. my problem is with momo allowing his profession and obligation to his employers to take a backseat for some dogma.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i dind't see the ame against cagliari. Was he that bad?
I think hte guy is class. How bad could he have been?

put it this way, by the 10* he already had about 6 or 7 turnovers. i lost count after the 25th when he was hovering at around 15. i looked the other way during the game because everyone's entitled to a bad game. when i'm reminded he's attributing his bad play because of ramadan, to me, that's inexcusable.

·
Registered
48,489 Posts
There should be more respect for one's belief. Everybody knows about ramadan, if a club mind ramadan (but I don't think that it's the case of Juventus) they just have to avoid muslim players. The supportes should just shut up instead.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I dont see the big deal, becouse of this he only played one bad match... wich we won....and this is going to be over in one week... not big deal

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
CDM made it sound like your club is being duped.

Where in actual, your club knew the conditions that may/may-not affect the player, prior to signing.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i'd like to see if this was happening in may or june just how understanding you lot would be.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
There should be more respect for one's belief. Everybody knows about ramadan, if a club mind ramadan (but I don't think that it's the case of Juventus) they just have to avoid muslim players. The supportes should just shut up instead.
Exactly. If you want to blame someone, blame the management. If they considered this a problem, they should have signed adequate cover, or as Toni said, avoid Muslim playes on the whole.

there are things bigger than Juve, Milan and football ... ;)
For most people, football takes a back seat to family, friends and God.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I was under the impression you can be exempt from the fasting for certain health reasons? I never knew pro athletes fasted....given how much they eat. About 5-6 times what normal person requires, up to 11-12 times in some cases.

I have no problem with this and if he is still the best player to put out there, knowing he wont be able to give 100% then the manager makes the decisions.

·
MVP
9,123 Posts
I think CdM you have overblown this issue way more than it should have.

First of all, if Momo is playing an evening match (i.e. after sunset) he can drink fluids during the match. And it's just a handful of matches.

Secondly Ramadan will be over by the 29th or 30th of September, and that's it. I don't see what the fuss is all about.

Next year Ramadan will start by August end, are we going to revive this discussion again? :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.