Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sinisa seeks new Lazio deal Wednesday 31 December, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sinisa Mihajlovic will be out of contract at the end of the season, but insists he has no intention of hanging up his boots.

¡§I still have a real desire to play football,¡¨ noted the Lazio defender. ¡§I am enjoying my time here and could happily keep going for another two years.¡¨

Contract talks have been a constant drama at the cash-strapped club and his case has been pushed aside while tough negotiations carried on with Dejan Stankovic.

¡§I haven¡¦t spoken to the directors yet, but that doesn¡¦t mean I will start to panic,¡¨ continued the Serbian international.

¡§If they want to talk to me about a new contract then I will be happy to listen. If they don¡¦t, then there is no bitterness as my rapport with Lazio has always been good and nothing can ruin that.¡¨

Mihajlovic has been off form this season and hit the headlines for all the wrong reasons when he picked up an eight-match Champions¡¦ League ban for spitting at Adrian Mutu.

¡§It has been an honour to wear the Biancocelesti jersey,¡¨ he concluded, ¡§but the directors have the right to decide my future as they wish.¡¨

channel4

·
Registered
460 Posts
I would be very unhappy if it actually happened............:mad:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I think that Miha MUST be a part of the Lazio organisatin in one way or another. If he´s no longer a player then he must be some sort of manager - maybe for a primavera team.

Let me explain. Miha has a will to win that is greater then most players, he is extremely important on the field for that matter and this made him great when he could back that will with physical play. Today he´s just abit slow and can´t perform the way we´d like him or I´m sure the way he would like to himself.

Miha is a hero to most Jugoslav players and there is a bundle of talents from that country - he´d be a huge part in brining them here just like Simeone would be.

It would show just how stupid and non existant our management is if we throw away a man who loves Lazio and can help our team. It´s time to be smart.

Approach Miha with a deal to become an integral part of Lazio not only for the next two years but the next 10 or 20 years.

Sempre per Lazio!

Ps. and don´t think for a second that the player with the most precise deadball skills the last 5 - 6 years has nothing to offer kids.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice words from Miha, that shows his loyality to the club. But he's not anymore good on the pitch, too inconsistent. And I don't think Sinisa could be a coach or something, because of his temper and personality.

·
Registered
474 Posts
if he wants to stay he must show us better form..else he better retire. Maybe if we got scudetto this year he would retire :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
To be honest I don't see a reason why Lazio should renew his contract. He doesn't add some quality anymore to the current squad; he's too slow and his free kicks/corners are just shit most of the time.
At this moment the management should not follow their heart, but their head.
Their heart tells them Sinisa is a great Laziale and deserves a new contract for his contribution to Lazio in the past. Their head tells them his days are over and we better invest in a Primavera player or another talent.

It's time for change. Lazio should give Favalli, Mihajlovic, Gottardi & Colonnese all free transfers and buy some younger defenders instead.
Thinking of the idea that players like Gottardi, Favalli & Mihajlovic could go makes me sad, but football is a hard game. Look to the future....young players is what Lazio need!

Thanks for all your efforts Sinisa, but your time has come, you have to accept it...

·
Registered
101 Posts
As svennis said we should keep him but not as a player...

Something like Milan's Leonardo who brought Kaka.

Right Svennis???:D

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
I agree with svennis's post, well said :thumbsup:
I think after all that Miha, Favalli, etc. have done for our club, we shouldn't just give them the boot like that, I mean that shows everyone that we just care about the performance, not the player, that's not something that I want Lazio to turn into.
Those guys should be able to stay with the club, even if not on the field.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I agree with svennis too. We can offer him a job in the club but if he wants to play more - well after he is done in one or two years he can come back in Lazio. But playing him even more years - no, thanks. Unless he wants to do it for free.;)

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I´m sure that Miha would agree to a cut in his wage but it´s up to the current management to find a solution - if they let him go then they will forever be idiots! It´s not that hold Miha as someone in the forefront of cultural or cognitive revolution but he´s a special breed of man and someone who is also needed.

A similar role to that of Leornard - absolutely.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't think he deserves a new contract based on old merits.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Let him retire at the club...I'm sure he doesn't want to move and wants to stay in Italy. He will agree to what ever is reasonable...I think he loves Lazio. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah, keep him part of the club like Svennis said, but he can't perform like he used to. If he wants to play he could play in the reserve team and help out the younger generation during the actual matches.

·
Registered
84 Posts
There are no reserve teams in Italy. Though I would allow him to stay but I certainly wouldn't play him.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
You keep players with a good head on their shoulders inside the club. Having guys like Mancini stay as part of the organico... I'd guess Favalli could well be one for the future too.... like Juve will most definately hang on to Ferrara... and Conte unless he gets mad when his 'time' approaches and wants to play on.....

.... but why on earth keep the player who every non-Lazio fan has come to associate with all that is unsportsmanlike and some times even disgusting in football?

Miha was a great player once... not too long ago actually as he had a great season last year... but once his football qualities aren't there anymore- then you have absolutely no need for him, and in my opinion ought to have no desire to see him stay on in an official capacity IMHO.

Like The Wolf says: "Just because you are a charachter doesn't mean you have charachter."

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
You are WRONG glen.

Miha has done 2 things to piss me off. 1) He said some stupid things about Slobodan Milosevic - things in favor of the man. He went back on some of his words and frankly no one remembers that 2) He was the worst defender during E2k - almost four years ago.

He spat at Mutu but so has many players done - Rikijard vs Voller anyone? I don´t care because it happened on the field and it´s almost a way of self control - you spit instead of kick. Honestly what was worse Roy Keane´s tackle of Höjland or what the guys name was which took him out of the game permanetly and keane still admits that he did it on purpose - or Mihas spit? the sad part is that Miha spat at the end of his career when he´s not putting freekicks in the net which automaticly tripples the effect of the deed.

And we don´t have to be shy about this because it´s a fact that as long as players are great they can get away with being idiots - who cared that Maradona was doing drugs at Napoli? or that he used his hand during wc86.

Now that we are passed that fact let´s stick to why Miha should stay at Lazio.

Miha as I said represents a certain type of man, a man of principals - sometimes they are wrong but that´s beside the point. The point is that a man with principals will perform a task with greater conviction then a man with no principals - which is a principal :) It´s up the the club, Lazio to guide Miha towards better principals without interfering too much with the man Miha.

Once this is done I think we have an excellent "daddy" for bringing players from eastern europe to Lazio.

Now you bring up Conte and Ferrar. Ok both of them will work fine within the organisation but none of them have any appeal outside the organisation - you won´t bring home too many talented italian players by sending Conte to get them will you? You need spectacular players to do so and like him or not but Miha has done some pretty spectacular things in his playing days.

Now of course I would rather have people like Boban and Thuram at the club but why on earth would cognitive people like them want to stay in the world of football? I can see Thuram train a little leauge team back in france nothing else.

But that doesn´t matter because I never meant for Miha to have a managerial position.

Sempre per Lazio!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts