Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sinisa: No place like Rome Wednesday 10 March, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sinisa Mihajlovic believes he still has a future with Lazio despite having just months left on his current contract.

The 35-year-old is only tied to the club until the summer and talks over a new deal have yet to begin.

"I want to stay for at least another two years," said the veteran stopper. "I¡¯ll definitely be here until June and I have no intention of running away.

"I still don¡¯t know what will happen for sure but we will talk about renewing my contract once the club resolves a few of their financial problems."

Before then, the capital outfit are just focusing on finishing in the top four - ensuring European Cup football next term - and winning the Coppa Italia after reaching the final.

"The Italian Cup will be more difficult to win now that Juventus are out of the Champions¡¯ League," he said ahead of the March 17 first leg tie at the Olimpico.

"Yet I believe in the strength of Lazio and I think we will beat Juventus even if they will be desperate to win the trophy."

Lazio are next in action on Sunday when they will take on Udinese in Rome. "We need to start picking up points again," added the former Samp ace.

"Especially after the draw at Chievo and the loss against Milan. We could have done with a few more points but we are in good shape to end the season in fourth place."

channel4

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
I appreciate Miha is so devoted to Lazio and that he has given so much to the club. There has even been rumours that hes willing to lower his wages to 300.000 € a year. But all these things aside I really don't see the point in keeping him and defintely not for another two years.

Let's be honest. The man is 35 years old and not a very good defender. He's got set pieces but his main priorities should be in defence and I frankly don't think he's up for the task anymore. We NEED new defenders badly and by keeping veterans we are filling up the squad and not make way for new arrivals. We should really give up living in the past and move on.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Depends on how much he is willing to lower his wages. And considering he is one of Mancio's favorite players it's possiblity that he is to stay. But I'd like to see someone executing the freekicks and corners.

·
Rising Star & XCC Winner 2002
868 Posts
Biancoceleste said:
Let's be honest. The man is 35 years old and not a very good defender. He's got set pieces but his main priorities should be in defence and I frankly don't think he's up for the task anymore. We NEED new defenders badly and by keeping veterans we are filling up the squad and not make way for new arrivals. We should really give up living in the past and move on.

I couldn't agree more! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts