Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think he should be called up to brazil nt what do you guys think he is world class if roque jnr gets picked why not him

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Well, he is for sure better then emerson when it comes to the offensive-area but emerson is still the better DM. But I've heard brazilians complain about donkey-emerson beeing to donkeyish! :pp. Then they also have the useless Gilberto from arsenal but I don't know if he plays. Bottom line, it's not a far shot for Simplicio really. There aren't many brazilian dms that I've heard much about, not to say that they don't exist but I'm just not familiar with them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but it would be injustice is gilberto goes and simplicio doesn t i think he would be the perfect partner for emerson as dm and going forward when neccessary

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
There's so way Simplicio could fill a Gilberto/Emerson role. That's not his style of play at all. He may line up in DM, but he's clearly a more natural CM/AM. He would still have to be playing with an Emerson or a Gilberto beside him (he has Grella beside him at Parma)

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Considering how abysmal Brazil's form has been, they should take Fabio. But they won't, Brazil would rather pick poor form players than guys who are absolutely in blinding form like Juninho Pernacumbo of Lyon, & also Cris at Lyon.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
There's no place for Simplicio in the Selecao. Unfortunately.

I would play like this.

----------------- Ronaldo --- Adriano
- Ronaldinho ------------ Kaka ----------- Mancini
------------------------ Emerson
- R.Carlos ------ Lucio --------- Edmilson --- Cafu
------------------------- Dida

Yes, Ronaldo. He lives for the world cup and will probably be in excellent shape in the summer.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Yes,Simplicio would be the sub of Emerson,he is not as level as Kaka or Juninho Pernambucano in the offense...

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I disagree fenyesk. I think pretty much the only place simplicio COULD play in that formation would be the Kaka role, as he simply doesn't have the defensive traits to fill Emersons role. Problem is he's not really good enough to play in that Kaka position for Brazil, and I don't know if he ever will be.

We've never played a formation where Simplicio played in the centre without a Grella or Bolano or Savi beside him .. I think he really needs to have that back up. It gives him the freedom to attack, and that's we've been successfull lately with that centre 2 of Simplicio-Grella and why Fabio has been scoring so much. If you watch him play during our attacks he always drifts very far up into the box. Grella is the one who sits back and covers him.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
My friend,Brasil have Kaka and Juninho in attack,they don't need Simplicio at the wORLD CUP at all,even he didn't play on the Qualfication rounds...but after WC if Simplicio move to a bigger club and his form won't drop he can have a call...

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I agree 100% (I even said it myself - "Problem is he's not really good enough to play in that Kaka position for Brazil")

The part I disagreed with was that he could be a sub for Emerson. No fecking way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts