Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully the start of a new successful era.

In system terms he is the perfect transition from Conte.

I'm not sure how Lukaku will fare. Lautaro would be perfect for Inzaghi-ball.

Barella-Brozo-Sensi midfield should be fine.

I'm guessing Perisic, Sanchez and Eriksen will leave to save on wages.

Inzaghi certainly knows how to deal with a thin squad and low budget.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
I think eriksen will stay and sensi will get sold to someone like zenit because of the injury record.

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think eriksen will stay and sensi will get sold to someone like zenit because of the injury record.
Would be fne by me. But I can't see Eriksen being kept on with that wage.

Just essential we keep Hakimi now.

I do think 1 striker needs to be sold though, and not necessarily Lautaro ☹

·
Registered
65,031 Posts
Hopefully the start of a new successful era.

In system terms he is the perfect transition from Conte.

I'm not sure how Lukaku will fare. Lautaro would be perfect for Inzaghi-ball.

Barella-Brozo-Sensi midfield should be fine.

I'm guessing Perisic, Sanchez and Eriksen will leave to save on wages.

Inzaghi certainly knows how to deal with a thin squad and low budget.

View attachment 73376
Skriniar will be his Luiz Felipe, De Vrij will be his Acerbi (was Acerbi who replaced De Vrij at Lazio) and Bastoni will be his Radu, yeah.

·
Registered
65,031 Posts
Very similar move to Mancini arriving to Inter in 2004.

Similar record, winning cups but not a league title, decent attacking football, both former Lazio strikers with nice hair :D

On top of that Lazio not happy now with losing their coach, just like in 2004.

Good luck Simone.

·
Registered
65,031 Posts
May be we will go for Lazzari then... but Lotito selling to Inter now will be quite difficult...

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
According to gazzetta Hakimi has been sold to PSG for 60 million euros.
No, only negotiations so far

Sad, but would prefer to see him go than Lautaro/Barella/Skriniar/Bastoni /Lukaku

Amazing player but inconsistent. And Darmian was clutch this season

We'll need another option at RWB though

·
Registered
47,894 Posts
Hakimi is one of the players I wouldn't sell at all and as a consequence one of the players the club Is forced to sell. I'd sell Lautaro and any centerback before but clearly no one can be immediately sold for a lot of money the way Hakimi can.

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
. I'd sell Lautaro and any centerback before but clearly no one can be immediately sold for a lot of money the way Hakimi can.
Exactly

It would mean that we have had both of the world's best right backs (Hakimi, Cancelo) for just one season each. The position is cursed.

Reactions: stefan9

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
But it's worth noting that we simply don't have a replacement for Lautaro and buying one would be expensive. We have Darmian and DDA at RWB, neither is a terrible option.

God knows who we would sign to replace Lautaro

·
Registered
47,894 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of Lautaro. Very likely the replacement you would (will?) buy would be much better than Darmian or D'Ambrosio as replacement for Hakimi.

·
Registered
18,169 Posts
Is it possible that S. Inzaghig goes after one of his ex forwards at Lazio (other than Immobile who would be too expensive)?

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,620 Posts
Wouldn't it be ironic if Inzaghi shows up to sign the contract and Inter tells him that they slept on it a night and that they've decided on Sarri instead.

·
Registered
65,031 Posts
Is it possible that S. Inzaghig goes after one of his ex forwards at Lazio (other than Immobile who would be too expensive)?
Back in 2004 when we got Mancio from Lazio he brought with him a couple of his old trusted players, Mihajlovic and Favalli. I doubt Lotito would sell Inter anyone now, although he did sell Hernanes and Candreva to Inter before.

·
Registered
65,031 Posts
Hakimi is one of the players I wouldn't sell at all and as a consequence one of the players the club Is forced to sell. I'd sell Lautaro and any centerback before but clearly no one can be immediately sold for a lot of money the way Hakimi can.
The 3 Cbs must be kept imo. I would have sold Barella before Hakimi tbh. Midfield of Brozovic, Eriksen and Vidal/Sensi/Gagliardini would still win matches.

About Lautaro, like red said, replacing him would be expensive so what's the point of selling an expensive striker to pay a lot for a replacement? Might as well keep him.

I think we will either bring in Florenzi for rwb or simply depend on Darmian as starter and bring back Lazaro as backup, which would be the economical choice of spending 0 euros. I would keep D'Ambrosio but his agent just flirted with Napoli so looks like he will leave.

Tbh Darmian and Florenzi is ok for the season. I wouldn't mind Lazaro getting a chance either.

If Lazio sell us Lazzari it would be nice but unlikely. He was good at Spal and is good with Lazio as well, Inzaghi would obviously fancy him.

·
Registered
47,894 Posts
Well, selling an overrated forward would make sense just if you do not buy another overrated forward obviously that you have to overpay. To be honest, I'm not even sure someone would really spend a lot of money for Lautaro first of all. And no, I would not sell Barella!

·
Registered
47,205 Posts
As much as it would pain me for Hakimi to leave, like my Honorable Brother, @ToniSamp , I would not sell Barella first (surprise, surprise).

I agree with my Honorable Brother @Nerazzurri4life that it would be silly to sell Lautaro and then buy someone for around the same price. I really rate Lautaro, btw. He may have certain deficiencies but he has a really unique and important skill-set (spreading play, unpredictable runs, devastating turns with his back to goal, etc.). What he needs to do is up his focus and discipline at times. If he has to be sold, then the replacement likely needs to be a scouted talent, as he was.

There's a bit of a question mark for me in terms of transfers...if money is saved, is there any representation as to how much of that can definitely be reinvested into transfers/salaries? Would these monies be redirected to operations, etc.? And if so, how much? What is the base amount? We'll probably never know but the benefits of this internet age is that there's a small possibility some kind of answer will be published.

Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Registered
47,205 Posts
Inzaghi has apparently given clarity to Lukaku about the club's commitment to winning and keeping the team together. If true, this is great news. Kinda sounds like what Conte wanted to know...I suppose the club has to do this now or face a serious exodus.

As Simone isn't a big personality manager like Mourinho or Conte, we need to rely on our leaders like Lukaku to hold the fort and drive the team in terms of motivation, etc. And he needs to be convinced of the project himself before he can best do this.

·
Registered
47,205 Posts
The latest is that Hakimi has terminated the lease for his Milan apartment.

If anyone is curious about the termination, most likely, the lease will contain what his broadly known as a diplomatic clause, which can be activated if one's work requires them to move out of the country. Hakimi's lawyer ought to have ensured this was in the agreement. However, there may be a complication - in many cases, diplomatic clauses cannot be activated immediately...e.g. in a 2-year lease, parties may agree that the diplomatic clause can be activated only after 1 year.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts