Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Simon actually has reason to be a bit angry this time. He had a good season last year so I don't know why he isn't playing.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
No, I'm sorry mate but you are wrong about that. Vukcevic is behaving like a primadonna and that is not exactly surprising as we all know of the problems he had with his coach at Saturn Moscow. He has no respect for his team mates and only thinks about himself. Paulo Bento is totally right in not taking any of that.

I think he would be a good reinforcement for a team like Newcastle.

·
Registered
309 Posts
You should've (at least) listened to his interview and then talk about his behaviour..
And even when he was most wanted in last season, he always pointed out the whole team and fans.
He should just leave Sporting when he isn't good enough to be in the squad..
And yes, I tottally forgot....FU*K Bento!!

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
No, I'm sorry mate but you are wrong about that. Vukcevic is behaving like a primadonna and that is not exactly surprising as we all know of the problems he had with his coach at Saturn Moscow. He has no respect for his team mates and only thinks about himself. Paulo Bento is totally right in not taking any of that.

I think he would be a good reinforcement for a team like Newcastle.

I'm not surprised you think he is acting like a primadonna and I'm not going to attack for you that and say that you shouldn't be saying that, because he has acted like this in the past.

I don't think Simon at this stage of his career can afford to sit on the bench, though. He needs to play. But with that said, he could've maybe talked to Bento privately for a transfer request rather than come out to the media.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
It seems like Simon is getting attention from Middlesbrough at the moment. It would be a good move for him, he'd be a guaranteed starter.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I forgot to mention that Simon is actually getting some playing time at Sporting. He scored for Sporting in their last game before the winter break and also scored this past weekend in Sporting's 2-0 win over Maritimo. I'm not sure if Simon's recent playing time is down to him and Bento finally burying the hatchet or if Sporting just want to expose him to some potential buyers like Middlesbrough. Either way, Sporting is in second place at the moment and they'll face Bayern Munich in the Champions League next month.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Simon's form has been great lately, he scored another goal this weekend, which i believe is his fourth in four games, this time it was against Nacional Funchal, which ended up in a 1-1 draw. Sporting is currently in third place with 30 points, behind Benfica, who have the same amount of points and Porto, who have 31 points.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I doubt he'll move during this transfer period. I'm glad he's back in the squad and doing well, hopefully he'll start for Sporting in the Champions League.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Vuk scored another goal today in Sporting's comeback win against Belenenses which ended 2-1. What a turnaround his season has taken within the past couple of months.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Like Mirko, Simon did not get the start today for Sporting Lisbon in their extremely poor performance against Bayern Munich in the Champiosn League, which ended up in favor for the German giants 5-0 at the Jose Alvalade. Although i can understand Vucinic's absence from yesterday's game due to his injury, this decision to not start Simon is a head scratcher considering he has been lighting it up for Sporting within the past couple of months. Although he did eventually come into the game in the 61st minute, he was obviously of no real help to the team and Sporting are pretty much finished going into the second leg of this tie. Again, disappointing.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts