Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I'd have to disagree with you Zagabria, there's only a handful of teams out there that can pay the kind of money Milan does. He is good enough to play for a team like Milan and them extending his contract shows they are happy with him.

Right now it's bad news for the Croatian NT because Simic needs more playing time leading up to Euro. I would like to see him on team where he gets to start every game.

He has to think of his family and future first. If it means making 5 hundred thousand more a season sitting on the bench for Milan than that is a smart move for him. He'll be close to retirement when his contract expires and he has that security.

·
Registered
68,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how old is cafu? I don't know what is going on, last season he played in most of the matches and now he at times isn't even on the bench (he did get an assist in their latest Coppa Italia match).

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
SC,

I think he's good enough for Milan to, but it seems he's just a backup player for them, and I think thats why they extended his contract coz who knows how long Cafu will play before retirering.

And when I said he was stupid I was thinking of playing time, not how much he gets paid.

DC, I think Cafu is 34 or someting close...

·
Registered
130 Posts
It is fair to say that he is a fringe player at Milan. He is definitely a reliable back up option for Milan, which is why they wanted to keep him. Every great side has depth.

It would certainly have been an option for Simic to perhaps go to smaller club where he could play regularly. His reasons for not doing this may not just be money. I think you guys forget that all players aspire to win trophies and this could be the main reason for Simic to stay at a great club like Milan. He wants to part of Milan's future success, even if he is unable to obtain a regular starting spot in the team.

·
Banned
852 Posts
I am not saying that Simic will become a legend. I am trying to explain that the kind of reasoning above cannot be applied to everyone.

·
Registered
6,784 Posts
i started the same thread up in FF....

I know alot of this decision has to do with Dario being more settled and probably receving more money than in most places and Milan always in the hunt for trophies, but if I were him I think I would still move, he's not really the same Dario Simic that played in WC '98, don't get me wrong, he's still a great defender but I think he just needs more time on the pitch, for his sake and even the NT sake...i'm just saying if I were him, i'd be a little selfish at this point in his career, get out of Milan, take a pay cut, go to another Italian team (not one of the big 3) or a team in the Bundesliga or Spanish league and play every game including big ones (UEFA Cup and EC) not just being a backup the rest of his career

1 - 11 of 11 Posts