Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dario Šimić se oprostio od igranja za repku
Dario Šimić, rekorder po broju nastupa za hrvatsku reprezentaciju, više neće igrati za Kockaste. Prijateljska utakmica sa Slovenijom, koja mu je bila jubilarna, stota za reprezentaciju, bila mu je ujedno i posljednja
Foto: Jakov Prkić / CROPIX
Dario Šimić više neće nastupati za nacionalnu vrstu (+ Kliknite na sliku za uvećanje )
Najdugovječniji hrvatski reprezentativac više neće nastupati u najdražem dresu. Kako pišu neki hrvatski mediji, Dario Šimić se odlučio na prestanak igranja za nacionalnu vrstu nakon što je utakmicu protiv Kazahstana prosjedio na klupi, dok za utakmicu protiv Engleske nije ni konkurirao, već je završio na tribini. Naime, pred početak kvalifikacijskog ciklusa za SP 2010. bivši igrač Milana i Intera, a sada Monaca, od izbornika Bilića tražio je da se izjasni misli li ozbiljno na njega, a ako ne treba njegove usluge, on bi se oprostio od reprezentacije.

S obzirom da se tada Bilić nije odlučio zahvaliti Šimiću, čovjeku koji je 1998. godine u Francuskoj osvojio treće mjesto s Hrvatskom nije preostalo ništa drugo nego da nakon debakla s Engleskom koji je gledao s tribine kaže zbogom reprezentaciji.

Tako će 20. kolovoza 2008. godine biti ubilježen kao posljednji, stoti nastup Darija Šimića za hrvatsku reprezentaciju.

was about time. he served the nt well but he's past it and he's out of shape.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
He hasn't officialy come out and said this, but I expect he will.
I was glad to see he picked up 100 caps but after that it's a sensible move to retire from the NT.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Hvala Dario is all that can be said. !!

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Well guys I hate to break the news but he has started to play 90 minutes per game in Monaco and this is the Dario we might need.

He is a different player to Joe and R Kovac because he is not a time bomb waiting to happen, he doesnt kmake wreckless challanges which can result in red cards or penalties for the opposition. he is actually very calm very disciplined and very very usefull when at his best.

If he gets back to his best and by playing full games he very soon will he may be what we need against Ukraine in the CB position.

·
Registered
14,050 Posts
Thanks for the many years of service! He's been a model professional IMO it's just a pity that he spent his best football years warming the bench (or in the stands) at the San Siro.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Hvala za sve Dario Simic:thumbsup: but I think blast is right, since he finally started playing regularly, he might be exactly what we need in the CB position. 4 years wasted in Milan:rollani:, but we should respect his decision and thank him for his many years of NT service

·
International
8,545 Posts
I agree. Thank you Dario for accepting a spot on the Milan reserves while rejecting the same for Croatia.

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
I agree. Thank you Dario for accepting a spot on the Milan reserves while rejecting the same for Croatia.
Exactly my thoughts. And what a coincidence, he just now made it to the 100 club. I wonder, would he keep quite a bit more if he was still on 99? I'd strip him of his last cap, just for the sake of it.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
In light of the defensive nightmare v Eng, I take back what I've been saying about Simic, and at this point in time, given his consistent playing time at Monaco, I'd bring Simic back to the NT to give the center of our defense some badly needed calm. Perhaps we could use Simic to assume a calming influence while working Knezevic and Krizanac into their starting XI roles. Right now I have more confidence in Simic being able to bring match day fitness and cool, collective calm to our backline than either RKovac or Simunic. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Class move by Simic. A player who always gave everything thing he had for his country. Reaching 100 caps is something to be proud of.

I wish others followed his lead.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
fcuk you're boring man.

·
Registered
69,369 Posts
Simic did a good job for the NT, he also participated in every tournament except for Euro 96 (5 major tournaments), some feat by any player. Though I felt he stayed too long in Milan, whether that was all up to him I don't know

·
Registered
22,802 Posts

·
Registered
14,050 Posts
Simic did a good job for the NT, he also participated in every tournament except for Euro 96 (5 major tournaments), some feat by any player. Though I felt he stayed too long in Milan, whether that was all up to him I don't know
He participated in that tournament too. He started as right wing-back in our 0-3 loss to Portugal.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
that would be pretty predictable, if it was true.

What devotion? To who? When, quote me, I dare ya. Untill then, get your facts straight man, don't attribute and assume a certain stance because I happen to disagree with the opposite one.

Here's something for you..

http://www.sportnet.hr/Vijest.aspx?ID=365338

1 - 20 of 48 Posts