Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Argentina, Brazil and Italy to be champions.

I am posting this causew i was in the phone with one of my best friends and i had just told him that the only countries that i see that can be champions are these 3!

The others are all gonna play a second role i'm afraid!

Argentina was the best team so far....by a mile a must say (quite tough words to say:fero: :D Their ball control is quite impressive and the way they mark the opposition's attack starting from the center forward is quite good to watch. However the team lacks in one important aspect.....it plays too much sideways, instead of playing more directly. Probably because of the 2 fized wingers that it uses!
Italy has the second best tactical team.....with the best "grouping" as a team

while us, well we got the bigest potential for improvemnt......if we explode, it will be very tough for a team to stop us, even if it is Argentina or Italy!;)

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
First of all we'll see how Argentina does with England,I am not going to judge a team from their first game,Atleast two,
As you said before Ze,Brasil will improve game by game,But what I saw against Turkey really impressed me,its just a matter of time before we explode.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
sounds like you guys are underestimating brasil! i don't know what brazil team you saw against turkey, but the brasil i saw was FANTASTIC! yes, we have lots of room for improvement (like rivaldo's greediness when ronaldo is wide open and ronaldinho's nervousness). but brasil is looking the best i've seen since we beat argentina in the qualifiers 3x1. honestly, that was the last time i was impressed with brazil.

after seeing brazil-turkey, i was really happy. not just because we won, but because i saw in brazil a team that can win the world cup.

i didn't think felipao could field a team capable of winning the world cup. but he did it after emerson got hurt. he put in gilberto silva (i LOVE this guy!) and juninho paulista (who ALWAYS plays hard and ALWAYS goes for the goal).

the team we have now is capable of playing with argentina and italy and beating them.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Falcao,
Is not underestimating. If we have a good day, no one in the world comes close to us. BUt it was what RC said , if weplay 40% we beat Turkey...and we played 40%

We have HUMUNGUOS room from improvement. At elast we have 2 training games now to get the team even more gelled up!;) While Argies and teh French go back to were they deserve to be: ON THE TV WATCHING US SHINE!;) :D :tongue:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
yeah, i guess you are right. brazil can improve a lot.

i guess what made me say brazil was fantastic is that brazil actually was fantastic WHEN COMPARED WITH THE BRAZIL THAT PLAYED IN THE QUALIFIERS. brazil looked like a completely different team.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Falcao is right. I think we played pretty well and were very unlucky not to score about 3 or 4 goals because we missed a few sitters like Ronaldinho and Rivaldo missing the header but Rustu was fantastic. He is true class. I read an article that Big Phil is threatening that Ronaldinho has to get better for next game, good move because a challenged Ronaldinho will step up without a doubt.

I think tommorow's game is going to be a training season for our guys. :tongue:

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Patrcik,
We din't play all that. We did if we compare to other teams in the competition...then we are among the top 3 in the perfomance. Now if we analyze in a proper critical standard of Brazilian football we did not play well.
However , we can see that we have loads and loads of space for improvement and the team is getting better in each game that goes by!

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
It was a relatively good performance, but far from what Brasil is capable of. Everyone must do their homework: the players and Felipão. Hopefully he will not field a relaxed line-up against either China or Costa Rica, as they will be two very good opportunities for the first team to play together and to get more practice.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
brazil won't relax against china. brazil has to score lots of goals so it can regain first place in the group and move ahead of costa rica on goal difference (assuming costa rica wins its next game). i'm sure felipao has told all the players that it's important to win AND score a few goals in this game.

china is an awful team. anything less than 3x0 would be a shame for brazil.

this world cup should shape up just like 1998 did for brazil: first game, against a tough underdog (scotland in 98, turkey this year), brazil scraping by 2x1 with dubious second goal (own goal in 98, disputed penalty this year). in game two of 98, brazil trounced morocco 3x0 to clinch a spot in the second round (and ronaldo scored his first goal!). brazil has to be shooting for at least 3x0 again.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Argie pretty likely will rank lower that expected before the WC and quite some reason for that goes down to their coach and his weird ways of tactics and leaving out players delivering creativity.

Brazil most likely will rank higher than expected by most before the WC.

My biggest fear is Klose exploding all the time (also stuffing us with 3 in their last preparation game) and lifting the g-country really high, like Salvatore "Toto" Schillaci did in the two best weeks of his life for Italy.

CESF

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
germany is not that good. beating saudia arabia 8x0 doesn't mean anything! the more telling score is 1x1 with ireland, who are a halfway decent team. germany also is a halfway decent team. the problem for germany is that brazil is much better.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Argentina wil finish where i expected them too. Just barely missing out in the first phase.
Alexx,
Don't think it is really there coach's fault. People are saying that they played bad etc..etc.. The thing is that there team was not trainign to go out and get a result against such a tight defense as English. Ok Veron, Sorin were not to there ussual form, but England raised there game alot, and Argentina just continued playing what they have done. The credit will have to go to England for playing such a brilliant game tactically!;) :D :cool:

What about this Klose guy, is he a real prolific goalscorer. Should we worry a lot about him??

before the start of the tournment i said that the only team that would worry me is Italy. And despite there defeat yesterday, i think they are the only ones capable of taking this title away from us....provided we keep in the right frame of mind until the final!;)

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
He scored 16 league goals last season, none from the penalty spot, but he is not much to worry about.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts