Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From www.kataweb.it

Calcio, Lazio: Simeone, mio trasferimento già deciso

(20:41) Roma - Diego Pablo Simeone parla ormai come un ex giocatore della Lazio e pensa alla sua prossima destinazione. "Il mio trasferimento all'Atletico Madrid è molto vicino - dice il centrocampista - So che le società hanno già trovato l'accordo. Alla Lazio mi sono trovato bene e lascio un pezzo del mio cuore, ma il fatto che Mancini non ha ancora parlato con me e che la società non mi ha fatto sapere nulla significa che tutto è stato già deciso".

Translation:

D.P. Simeone is already speaking as a former Lazio player and thinking about his next destination: "My move to Atletico Madrid is very close to happen. I know the clubs have already reached an agreement. I have been very well at Lazio and a part of my heart will remain here, but the fact that Mancini has still to talk to me and that the club has not let me know anything, that means that evrything has already been decided".

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
One of the sad moments:(

He's a great leader on the pitch, the type of player that ever team needs. Strange that there is no place for him in the mancini's plans. Or maybe it's just a moment to try & cash-in on a player that is getting into certain age?

Regardless, Simeone will remain as one bright spot in the history of Lazio:)

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Simeone...

Sadly hes is leaving. And even more sadly it's after a season where he never got to show his full potential because of an injury. That's not the goodbye I would like him to have. Diego Pablo Simeone is a player that is not easily replaced. A great leader in midfield who always gives his best and often the decider in close game (remember his goal against Juve in 2000?). One of my favourite players through out the world of football. I guess he wants to end his great carreer in Atletico and I hope he will do well there. With him leaving, a big part of Lazio is leaving too and I am let wondering who will be able to replace him, if any.

I thank you for what you did for Lazio, Diego, and I am eternally graceful.

Grazie El Cholo.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
He always wanted to finish his career at Atletico. A great pro and very hard guy to replace.

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
:(

Goodbye, El Cholo. We'll never be able to thank you enough. In time you will be even more appreciated then now! All your goals of our Year Of Gold 2000. were crucial and important. We'll miss you...

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
is dacourt really joining lazio??

·
Registered
480 Posts
Simeone confirms Atletico talks

Simeone confirms Atletico talks Friday 10 May, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lazio's Diego Simeone has admitted that he is close to a summer switch to former club Atletico Madrid.

"My transfer to Atletico is very close," said the Argentine. "I know that the clubs have already reached an agreement."

The 32-year-old joined the Biancocelesti in 1999 from Inter and seems to have ended his stint by scoring in the 4-2 win over the Nerazzurri - which denied them the title.

"I’ve felt at home here and I will leave a piece of my heart in Rome. The fact that I haven’t spoken with new boss Roberto Mancini and that the club haven’t talked to me suggests that they have already made up their minds."

Simeone, who played for Atletico between 1994 and 1997, added: "Inter failed to express themselves against us last week.

"I’m saddened that my goal helped to sink my friend Javier Zanetti’s club. But the thing that I didn’t understand was the reaction of our fans. In that moment in time they should have still backed us."

The midfielder should star in the World Cup this summer after recovering in time from a knee ligament injury he picked up earlier this term.

·
International
6,519 Posts
Ciao El Cholo :sad::crybaby::depress:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts