Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Done deal. Watch this space.

Obviously I mean';t Silvestre, but I'm pissed so **** off.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Don't make out like you're in the know.:D

Give 'em a link.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's from a reliable source, they know Mr Spleen, so it's reliable :)

and NG, I am in the know ;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
14.5 mil....that would be ridiculously amazing

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a done deal :)

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Bordeaux give up on Silvestre

24/06/2008 - 11:57:22 AM

Bordeaux have conceded defeat in their bid to sign Manchester United defender Mikael Silvestre.

Silvestre had been strongly linked with a move back to France in a deal that would have seen him link up once again with former United team-mate and Bordeaux boss Laurent Blanc.

However, Les Girondins president Jean-Louis Triaud admits the lure of a lucrative testimonial for the 30-year-old, who made the move to Old Trafford in 1999, has put the brakes on the switch.

“There are several targets for the left-back role,” Triaud told French radio station RMC. “In that position, above all there was one who was his (Blanc’s) first choice and that proved to be impossible.

“Yes, I think the possibility of Mikael Silvestre coming here has ended.

“He has a salary at Manchester United that he has no reason to forego. Moreover, after 10 years at that club, there is a tradition that a friendly match is organised for the benefit of the footballer with the revenue going to him.”
------

I blame Patrick for jinxing it.

also, get rid of that ****ing ian wright avatar

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Yatta, you should only blame Fergie here for giving him that stinking great contract, Fergie must have been deeply on the sauce that day.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Yatta, you should only blame Fergie here for giving him that stinking great contract, Fergie must have been deeply on the sauce that day.
It's not really that big, for clubs like Bordeaux it is but if the Roma interest is true I think we can get rid of him.

PS. We have similar wage budgets so Arsenal can't play that card anymore, and nice to see you spunk 20m euros on a player yesterday...must be some sort of mistake. I thought Wenger never spent money.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A lot of angry people at United. My ITK says everything was done, and now there's nothing but anger.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
ohhhh ****en hell.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
If we do sell him, It's just another player we need to buy.

I'm happy he isn't leaving - I'm not a fan of massive squad overhauls, and with a right sided defender an absolute must, I don't think we want to mix it up too.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts