Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think about this rule that makes it possible for British clubs to sign young players under 18 from their club without paying anything? I think it's only allowed in UK to do that.

Personally I think it's unfair and stupid. If that should be allowed that I don't think in the first place, let every country be able to do so. But on the other hand, what is the point of having a good youth squad then?, shouldn't the teams that produce great youngsters atleast get something when their players leave? Right now, British clubs, basically can take start negotiations with the player they want without the permission of the club and then sign him for 0. That is why certain British clubs don't have many domestic youngsters in their squad and can steal great youngsters like Fabregas, Rossi and Lupoli from abroad and make a profit. This rule must be changed, it's so pathetic that it isn't funny.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
You can't sign players under 18 for 0 if they have signed a contract. You have to pay compensation even if they are out of contract now days I believe

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alot of youngsters are not allowed to have a profesional contract before a certain age, that's why the British clubs are allowed to sign them without compensation. De Martino from Roma is now off to Arsenal for free.

·
Registered
398 Posts
It's a fair system. It's not like we force the youngsters to join our team. They're here of their own accord.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The other nations should have the same system, It's hilarious that Arsenal hardly got one British player in their squad.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
nasty nick said:
The other nations should have the same system, It's hilarious that Arsenal hardly got one British player in their squad.
Then England should also change its work permit laws so English clubs have a better chance of getting South American and African players. It works both ways my friend.

Alternatively, give Arsenal a sugar daddy and we won't have to get youngsters for nothing. :rolleyes:

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
I'm not sure that it's unfair, I think it's just a way to sign even younger players cheap. Like zonetatious, they do want it themselves so they might as well have turned it down. And what's stopping clubs from fielding very young players, anyway? Nothing, didn't Appiah get his debut in Serie A at like age 15 or something? They can if they want to but in most cases they'd rather bet on more experienced professionals. Roma are doing it now cause they're forced into it but few clubs choose that as policy. So knowing there is a lot of talent in the top European leagues, English clubs now see that as the holy grail and poach these players thinking they will be Maradona's everyone of them. I think if they were that good they would claim their place at the top clubs already so I don't really know how much is to be won through this.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
zonetatious said:
It's a fair system. It's not like we force the youngsters to join our team. They're here of their own accord.
You pursuade them by offering alot of money, while the clubs where they are from can not do that yet, because of laws.

Arsenal and Manchester did it to Barcelona, they stole Fabregas and Pique from us. Eventually Arsenal had to pay 4 million euro's for Fabregas.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
khimik said:
Then England should also change its work permit laws so English clubs have a better chance of getting South American and African players. It works both ways my friend.

Alternatively, give Arsenal a sugar daddy and we won't have to get youngsters for nothing. :rolleyes:
It's getting tougher in Italy now too, with foreign restrictions they added for the teams in order to have more Italians in the squad. You don't see teams buying every half decent player anymore. But that's not the point, I think that if you're part of EU the rules should be the same in every country.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Barcawinner said:
I bet he earns more in 1 week, then you do in 1 year.
Yes, well, I'm not a professional footballer playing for one of Europe's top clubs, so you'd kind of assume that. I'm sure he earns more in a month than most people do on here :wallbang:

And if you're so interested in what i earn in a year; I earn squat.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
numerodix said:
I'm not sure that it's unfair, I think it's just a way to sign even younger players cheap. Like zonetatious, they do want it themselves so they might as well have turned it down.
But they can't have the same contract at home! Ofcourse Fabregas only went to Arsenal for the chance of earning money and to get a chance to play more. He said yesterday that his heart was still in Barca and that he wanted to return again if the chance occured. Maresca played in England, Gattuso in Scotland and Dalla Bona in England, why? Money ofcourse, it's hard to turn that down at a young age. Their domestic clubs didn't get anything from them and they all played for smaller clubs aswell.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
I guess the solution would be to have standard transfer rules apply to all players of all ages across the EU. :undecide:

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
khimik said:
Yes, well, I'm not a professional footballer playing for one of Europe's top clubs, so you'd kind of assume that. I'm sure he earns more in a month than most people do on here :wallbang:

And if you're so interested in what i earn in a year; I earn squat.
Correction; England's top clubs :howler: :jester: :D

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
numerodix said:
Well that's a whole other discussion, isn't it?
Well, yeah, but then there'd be nothing stopping a club in, say, Turkey, signing a bunch of youth players not under professional contract elsewhere, and we'd all be crying foul about it.

Nothing'll be done to change it either way, though.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Yes well that would mean Turkey snaps up players from a 3rd party, not from one of its compeititors within UEFA so not quite the same.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts