Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ariel Ibagaza expresses his “delight” with his latest sporting challenge at a Villarreal side “used to keeping and controlling the ball”

Ariel Ibagaza has expressed his “delight” after his arrival into the Submarine squad for what will be a new challenge for the player and an attractive addition to the ‘amarillo’ outfit.

“Villarreal is a side used to keeping and controlling the ball very well and I can identify with this style of football. I hope to play well and that the public will enjoy themselves,” added the 31-year-old

“This is one of the finest squads that I have been a part of in the whole of my career. This club, both as a team as well as with individuals, is one of the finest in Spain. Of course I have also been with Atlético but today Villarreal is La Liga runner-up and I come to work here with a lot of desire,” he added.

‘Caño’, who will don the yellow shirt for the next two seasons – with the option of a third -, admitted that this was a defining moment in his professional career. “It is a very important challenge, especially taking into account that I will be playing in the Champions League, a dream for every footballer. Our aim must be to be well placed in the Champions League without forgetting La Liga, because a good national campaign brings with it the possibility of further European football. It would be very important to repeat the success of last year’s campaign and if we can improve on it that would be the maximum. The fans can join us. I am very keen to win a title.”

The former Lanus, Mallorca and Atlético player added that he was keen to get down to pre-season training and get to know his new team-mates because, he added, “We are all going down the same road.”

Club president, Fernando Roig said of the club’s new signing, “He is going to be a great help to us to realize a fine campaign on all fronts namely La Liga, the Champions League and the King’s Cup (Copa del Rey).”

Biography

Ariel Miguel Santiago Ibagaza is 31-years-old and started in the junior ranks of Lanus. He made his first team debut with the Argentinian outfit in 1994 when he just 18-years-old. He arrived in Spain in 1998 where he played five seasons with RCD Mallorca, winning one Copa del Rey and one Spanish Supercup. In 2003 he signed for Atlético Madrid, playing 85 matches over three years. In 2006 he returned to Mallorca for his second spell with the island outfit.

Interesting signing the management and board must be thinking Pires isnt quite up to it. Club now has a good number of midfielders so this season should be good with plenty of depth through out most of the squad

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
he is a very good signing for villarreal and a bargain too for just 1 ME.he was brilliant last year
villarreal will have amazing depth this year in the attacking mid department though i feel some need to go as it is too crowded IMO

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Ibagaza is a good player, I always felt Atletico should never have got rid him, especially ever since we have we have struggled with a playmaker , anyway I hope him all the best in Villareal and I must say that with your signings you may again be able to challenge for La Liga

1 - 3 of 3 Posts