Fantastic signing for Serie A! Retirement oldie league my ass :lazy:

Good job.

Any mention on the price?

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any mention on the price?
I have read anywhere between 12-14 mil Euro. And additional money paid should Roma qualify for the Champions League.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Roma has issued their official statement now. Here are the details:

http://www.laromasiamonoi.it/?action=read&idnotizia=3576

"L’A.S. Roma S.p.A. rende noto di aver sottoscritto con l’AS MONACO FOOTBALL CLUB S.A. il contratto per l’acquisizione a titolo definitivo del diritto alle prestazioni sportive del calciatore JÉRÉMY MENEZ, con effetti a decorrere dalla data odierna.
Per l’acquisizione di tale diritto, l’A.S. Roma riconoscerà all’AS Monaco Football Club un corrispettivo di € 10,5 milioni, da pagarsi in quattro rate, di cui la prima, di € 3 milioni, alla sottoscrizione del contratto di trasferimento, la seconda di € 3 milioni, entro il 31 agosto 2009, la terza, di € 3,5 milioni, entro il 31 agosto 2010, e la quarta di € 1 milione, entro il 31 dicembre 2010.
Inoltre, l’A.S. Roma riconoscerà all’AS Monaco Football Club un corrispettivo variabile di € 1,5 milioni, qualora acquisisca nel corso delle stagioni sportive 2008-2009 o 2009-2010, o 2010-2011, il diritto di disputare l’Uefa Champions League.
Con il Calciatore è stato sottoscritto un contratto economico per le prestazioni sportive di durata quadriennale, che prevede il riconoscimento di un emolumento lordo di € 2,3 milioni, per le stagioni sportive 2008/2009, e 2009/2010, di € 2,5 milioni, per la stagione sportiva 2010/2011, e di € 2,7 milioni, per la stagione sportiva 2011/2012, oltre a premi individuali al raggiungimento di predeterminati obiettivi sportivi per presenze; nell’ambito delle intese raggiunte, è stato concesso al Calciatore il diritto di recedere dal contratto economico per le prestazioni sportive, a decorrere dalla stagione sportiva 2010/2011, a fronte di un corrispettivo di € 25 milioni di euro".

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Excellent move. Thank God for that too.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only 10.5 mil. and on 4 small payments. :eek:

Prade
Don't forget the additional funds we have to pay based on Champions League qualifications. But still, a great deal.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Also the fair salary (plus bonuses) and high release clause, which is not exerciseable until 2010/11, make the whole package a very good deal.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I like this buy a lot. Will be looking forward to seeing him create some magical goals with Totti.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All I'll say is we need to be patient regarding Menez. He is 21 years old and hasn't even trained yet with our team. We don't know what Spalletti's plans are for him. Is he a starter? Will he play as a winger? A striker?

And Spalletti already stated today that Menez has a ton of talent but has alot to learn still and needs to become consistent. Spalletti hasn't shown to have much faith in younger players in his time with us so who knows whats to come. And we can't argue that the money we spent means he will play....just look at the Cicinho situation.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Better just hope he doesn't disappoint like Gourcuff.
Honestly, Gourcuff was not given serious opportunities to perform. Ancelotti stuck to his veteran players like Seedorf and Ambrosini..even Brocchi.

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
I don't expect him to be an impact player on his first season, but if he has the talent, then 22 isn't very young and he should be producing by his second season. C.Ronaldo is only 2 years older and Messi is the same age and they're both bonafide stars and guaranteed starters for two of the most famous and prestigious football clubs in Europe.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't expect him to be an impact player on his first season, but if he has the talent, then 22 isn't very young and he should be producing by his second season. C.Ronaldo is only 2 years older and Messi is the same age and they're both bonafide stars and guaranteed starters for two of the most famous and prestigious football clubs in Europe.
Agreed. Roma must believe he will be a star to throw in a 25 mil Euro clause should the bigger clubs try to snatch him from us.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Well we have a coach who has his own ways.. let's hope he sees Menez as a "Cassetti" not a "Cicinho" or "Esposito"

It took Vucinic 2 full seasons to gain Spalletti's trust. So don't hold your breaths on Menez being part of the team soon. Here's a hope he has a strong will to prove his worth.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
The youtube clips aren't that impressive...

I doubt he will be a starter in the start of the season. He looks very rough and has things to learn. He WILL be a Cicinho, not Casetti.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
It took Vucinic 2 full seasons to gain Spalletti's trust. So don't hold your breaths on Menez being part of the team soon. Here's a hope he has a strong will to prove his worth.
Not really, he was already a starter in most games at the start of last season and before that, he was injured or not 100 % fit.

Anyway, the financial details look pretty good, the salary is not too high and a big part of the money are dependant on us reaching CL. Another good job by Prade.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Spalletti it seems is one who is a big fan of Menez and so thats enough for me... unliek Cicinho, it seems we signed a player who the coach, the fans and the management wanted :cool: We must let him settle in for sure, but I hope he is an upgrade on Mancini. If he has skill it means he is already better than Mancini... consistency, and then we are talking a great player :thumbsup:

Hopefully we keep Cicinho aswell, I still think he will force his way in at RB eventually and become a very good player for Roma. Come on Spalletti, play the guy. Especially now we have Riise on the left who doesnt run up the wing constantly like Tonetto.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It took Vucinic 2 full seasons to gain Spalletti's trust.
Not really. His first season he wasn't very good, mostly due to injuries, and during his second season he was trusted from the very moment the reigning gold shoe winner went out injured against Sporting. Can't ask for more than that.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
Spalletti it seems is one who is a big fan of Menez and so thats enough for me... unliek Cicinho, it seems we signed a player who the coach, the fans and the management wanted :cool: We must let him settle in for sure, but I hope he is an upgrade on Mancini. If he has skill it means he is already better than Mancini... consistency, and then we are talking a great player :thumbsup:

Hopefully we keep Cicinho aswell, I still think he will force his way in at RB eventually and become a very good player for Roma. Come on Spalletti, play the guy. Especially now we have Riise on the left who doesnt run up the wing constantly like Tonetto.
How can you say that? They bought him in the last week of August after a few failed targets.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts