Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simone Loria completed a transfer to Roma from A.C. Siena along with his team mate Artur Moraes on 25 June 2008 in an exchange deal which saw Roma goalkeeper Gianluca Curci move to Siena in a dual ownership deal and Roma midfielder Ahmed Barusso move on loan to the Tuscan based club. Daniele Galloppa, owned by both Roma & Siena, also became a Siena player to all effects as part of the deal..

Place of Birth: Torino
Nationality: Italy
Height: 186 cm.
Career highlight: a spectacular bicycle kick from the edge of the penalty area against Chievo.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-4NEcM5oIjk

:undecide:

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Not bad...but lets be honest...you can rate him or hate him but it does not matter, lets hope he fits in well.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Well he will be 4th choice DF... Panucci will be the main back-up CB. All things considered, he is a decent defender and he could do well with us when he is needed... looks very strong and solid at the mid-table teams (Siena, Atalanta). The only thing I hate for the deal is Galloppa being sold 100%.

·
Registered
62,704 Posts
He scored a headed own-goal for us in 06/07, which won us the game at home to Atalanta.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
You mean 3rd CB?
Mexes, Juan and i thought Panucci would be the 3rd option.

Any signing is a welcome one IMO, but i won't waste your time discussing if he is good enough or not..Firstly i do not watch Siena much and secondly regardless of what he did before we need to judge him on what he does with us. Maybe he is mediocre but we will see.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
It is just frustrating because we need signings who will allow us to take an extra step and none of the ones so far will be doing that.

Then you look at Fiorentina who have signed Gilardino and most likely Vargas -- they are players that will allow them to take an extra step. We are going to be left behind.

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
Sadly Giallorosso_01 is saying the truth but nothing in our hands but i cant imagine us signing Kewell the finished player :yuck:while Fiorentina i wont say Inter or Juve getting Gila and Vargas and keeping Mutu while we sell Mancini to the direct rivals .

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Well for me this past season was heartbreaking, we probably should of won and i think it will be the closest we get for a while to be honest. I also thought that the previous year and we almost did it last year like i said. Maybe its the fact the season has not started but getting worked up about who we sign and how our transfers measure up to other teams has really just been made to look boring in my book. If Fiorentina have the money to spend 10 million on a LB and however much on Gilardino good for them. But our team has proven to be a great group and Ive figured i mine as well enjoy the ride rather then the destination considering the emotions I have felt since I've followed the team. If Loria can show the determination that he looks to have i will be happy. I will still scream at the TV like a lunatic at 9am every sunday but thats the best part.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
I may be a bit biased here, but we have nothing to lose with Kewell:

a) It's a bosman, a free transfer.
b) We've offered him low wages, $2Mil Aus per year which is a quarter of what he was on at Liverpool. That's about £20K p/w. Not much at all.
c) He is fresh and looks to be getting back to form.

There is little risk involved in this signing.

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
Kewell was a big player but he didnt do anything in the last 3 years beside i think getting Kewell and selling Mancini and Guily will be a huge loss because i think even Guily is better than him .

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Yes well he has hardly played for three seasons. He's been plagued by injury. When on the field he was not too bad.

However, if he's overcome his injury problems, he'll be fresh and ready. And its a free transfer, with very minimal wages (if he accepts).

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Yes, but there is a consequence to everything and, in this case, it is that he would occupy a place on the roster.

I would prefer that to go to a player who can grow rather than a shorter-term solution. Roma had enough of those recently.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I may be an Aussie too, so like Giallorosso I see a fair bit of Kewell.

I'll spell it out for you:

1) He's a left winger, so he fits in Spalletti's system regardless;
2) He's free;
3) He's experienced;
4) He's captain of his country;
5) He works hard and knuckles down;
6) He's won a champions league (albeit snapped his abductor in the process);
7) He's versatile; and,
8) He's willing to come to Roma.

He will fill Mancini's role for half the wage and $0 on a transfer fee. He's had injury concerns although you can put that down to bad surgeons more than anything else. He had a blinder of a first season at Liverpool then a horrible run with injuries.

You can also remember that if he manages himself right he has probably another 6-7 seasons in him as he has been in cotton wool the last few years. Watch the 2006 World Cup campaign, where he had a free role under Hiddink, and the recent Asian WCQ's he's been a cut-above anyone else on the field playing out of position as a striker.

He's hungry and has a desire to prove himself as everyone says he is a has-been. He wants to leave a legacy on his name. All these are attributes that make up the type of character we want playing for us. Just because good players get injured doesn't make them less of a player.

Challenge: name me one other player who fulfils five of the eight categories above we can purchase for less than 5 million euro

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Apperantly he's scored 16 goals in the last three serie A seasons. Not half bad, obviously. But he's likely a big step down from the Ferrari that played against Lyon, likely a net difference of zero to plus compared to the Ferrari who played 90% of his games this past season.

He will fill Mancini's role for half the wage and $0 on a transfer fee.
Here's hoping he'd be a great reserve rather than first choice...no matter how you slice it, he's not as good as Mancini. Not even the lacklustre one of this season past.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
So far the signings have been the squad ones, which isnt bad... now lets start going for the players who will take us to the next step :lick:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts