Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/new-signing-expected-before-twente-return-leg

New signing expected before Twente return leg

After the 2-0 win in Holland on Wednesday night the Frenchman said: “Will something be done ahead of the second leg? Certainly yes, but before Saturday, no.”

------------------------------------

I am not holding my breath, but I do hope it will be someone at least relatively established.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehe, I just thought it would be interesting to see if any one of us can guess who it might be. It's harder than usual to guess with someone like AW at the helm, but we can try nonetheless :pp.

I really hope it's going to be Miguel Veloso, but I doubt it. He's still at Sporting and would be a fantastic addition.

·
props u can read
768 Posts
most likely inler. Now isit me or do we seem to be making liverpool signings ? (Mediocre players that don't improve the overall quality of the squad)

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think it will be anyone who is going to be a definite starter (which rules out someone like Veloso), it will be someone who can step in and do a good job and wouldn't complain too much if he's on the bench. I still think AW wants Diaby for that CM role, once he's fit. Now we just need a short-term solution that will also provide depth. Inler fits the bill.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
I'll go for Anthony Annan. He won't line up for Stabaek tonight against Rennes in the UEFA Cup as Wenger is already in negotiations. Will come relatively cheap.

Or maybe not.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
most likely inler. Now isit me or do we seem to be making liverpool signings ? (Mediocre players that don't improve the overall quality of the squad)

Nasri is mediocre? Sagna is mediocre? Eduardo mediocre? Most Gooners do not take issue with the quality of our signings but rather the quantity we bring in every window which leaves the squad depth almost nonexistent.

·
African WC haha
5,934 Posts
Anybody who can go around kicking the other team really, that Lorik Cana guy seems like a nutcase who can play abit. We need a dog for the middle who can fetch the ball and give it to those who know what to do with it.

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
^ he can still sign for us, just means we wont be able to use him for CL lol.

really, if wenger is saying this right now, it probably means its going to be someone big. i honestly wouldn't think he'd say this and then blow all the hype and sign someone like Amuary Bischoff (say who?). lol.

my guess is probably Gokhan Inler. hmm, would be good to get a fcuking CB wouldnt it.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
wont be anyone that we are/were linked with.. its the Arsene way.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Zapata from Udinense

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
If its Zapata that would be fvcking awesome man.

It's most likely going to be Inler or somebody we never would have thought.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts