Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roma and Cagilari have agreed on the deal that give us the other 50% of Esposito's contract. Financial details were not announced, however.

I am not sure what to make of this. Spalletti did not include him in his plans at all even when he was needed, full backs such Tonetto and Cassetti were preferred over him as starting attacking wingers. Buying him was a mistake in the first place since he is too weak physically to be a winger, he is a natural supporting striker.

I think he is going to be included in a swap deal that involves a players Spalletti likes, possibly Di Natale.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
He could still be sold...no secret he wants Napoli, so if they continue to spend and make it worth our while, he'll definitely go away still. Which would likely leave us with...one winger so far, Taddei.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Esposito's value fell big time after the year he had last season and we have given Cagliari 100% ownership of Daniele Magliocchetti. Could be correct afterall.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
We paid €0.35m for 50% of Mauro Esposito.
And sold 100% of Davide Magliocchetti for €1000 and bought back 50% for €516.

EXCELLENT DEAL!

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,202 Posts
So sad we don't have the money, to invest into more players. We could have used Esposito in a money plus player deal for Hamsik:)
I know the Napoli president is a big fan of Esposito.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
We paid €0.35m for 50% of Mauro Esposito.
And sold 100% of Davide Magliocchetti for €1000 and bought back 50% for €516.

EXCELLENT DEAL!
Its how deals should be made, lol. Maglochetti will mot be good enough for us. I wonder what is happening with Gianluca Freddi however, who became a regular towards the end of last Serie B season.

Good deal for Esposito. I still like him and he is a useful 4th choice winger to have (and IMO if given a chance can be bette than this), but indeed he can be included in a swap deal too.

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
Kind of a mystery. But if he does stay, and if he does stay healthy, he could be very useful. :musik:

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
No he did not. His performances were very mediocre and his almost complete lack of starts suggest Spalletti had little faith in him.

A player of his age surely will not accept another season as a back up, particularly as he enjoyed a special status in a team like Cagliari.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
He was decent, not mediocre.

There were plenty of players this year who had mediocre spells but were not dropped (Taddei springs to mind). Esposito deserved more of a chance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts