Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think Dede would be a good signing for left back. He's young, strong both in defense and attack and he's got some skills. With Dortmund's financal problems he shouldn't be hard to get.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
STRENGTHS

Dede usually operates in a left wing-back role, on a position many expects think he’s second to none in the Bundesliga. He is good on the ball, has strong tackling abilities and is difficult to knock off the ball. His close dribbling skills and technical abilities also enable him to play in a more central role. Dede is a great passer of the ball with a fantastic vision, but he can also score goals from just about anywhere.

LAST SEASON

Dede was the player with the most touches on the ball (on average 74 per game)
BVB won 13 of 23 matches with Dede – and only 3 of 11 without him
Dede set up five goals in the last season – more than ever before.
Dede only made 23 appearances, fewer than ever before with BVB.
He won 61 per cent of the tackles, and came up second his this department after Stuttgart’s Soldo.
Dede not only convinced defensively: He won 61 per cent of his dribblings, and so is one of the league’s finest dribblers.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Dede would be a good signing, he turns 27 in April which means he will be approaching his peak years.

Although according to Dortmund's website he is a midfielder.

·
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the run down ..I thought he was younger then 27 and didn't realize he was that versatile.

From what I've seen he play's as an attacking left back in the mold of Zanetti.

I say sign him, Dortmund can't turn down any decent offer.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Dortmund are as good as bankrupt, so they will need to accept any bid which will please the administrators.

Which means we could get him for next to nothing.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Hmmm.. Believe it or not I have never seen this guy in action. This is mainly due to myself not being a follower of the Bundesliga. Will try to catch up some of Dortmund's games this season.

·
Registered
45,486 Posts
I'm not sure but I think I've seen this guy play before in the midfield role. This was a few years ago when Dortmund played Milan in the UEFA Cup and beat Milan 4-0! :D

Something like this happened (hopefully someone can clarify this or correct me): Dede was on the ball then chipped the ball over a Milan player's head, ran around him to trap the ball, then chipped it over another player's head again :eek: , ran around the guy again and trapped the ball then chipped it over another player's head :wth: but was then fouled! Really great stuff.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Firdaus said:
I'm not sure but I think I've seen this guy play before in the midfield role. This was a few years ago when Dortmund played Milan in the UEFA Cup and beat Milan 4-0! :D

Something like this happened (hopefully someone can clarify this or correct me): Dede was on the ball then chipped the ball over a Milan player's head, ran around him to trap the ball, then chipped it over another player's head again :eek: , ran around the guy again and trapped the ball then chipped it over another player's head :wth: but was then fouled! Really great stuff.
For Real?!?!?!??!!?!? :eekani: :eekani: :eekani: :eekani:

SIGN HIM NOW I SAY!

·
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He plays as a left wing-back for Dortmund but he can play midfield as well ....just like Zanetti, Cafu, Ceasar, Mancini, Junior etc.

I'd love to see Dede move to Inter .....hopefully Mancini or someone at Inter is tracking him.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
i've seen him play once...only 2 words to describe him...good player...

·
Registered
45,486 Posts
I've only seen him play once as well. But can anyone say how good he is defensively? I only remember him in his attacking moves. It seems that almost anyone would be an improvement now. But IMO, a player like Evra would be a very good addition as he can both attack and defend very well.

I hope a Milanista can come in and elaborate on the superplay by Dede that I mentioned in my last post. :tongue:

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
I rather bring Potenza back from his loan speel. We don't need a new left back we already own a great future 1. We just need to give him his chance.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
i didn't know that dede is already 27...

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
i prefer to get Evra for the leftback spot... and to bring back Potenza who can play anywhere in the defense

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't know much of Evra I'm afraid :(
Dede used to be good but honestly I can't say if he's good enough defence-wise. And about him being 27, no problem, we have rather good young folks for the role who only need time to grow out of some naive behaviour. Plus, I believe Favalli can make another season ah? ;)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
stefan9 said:
I rather bring Potenza back from his loan speel. We don't need a new left back we already own a great future 1. We just need to give him his chance.

:thmbup: He will be a class player in the futuire

1 - 16 of 16 Posts