Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A loss. Our second in Lisbon this season. We are still ahead of them but what the hey, they won we lost life goes on. A couple of observations though:

1. The attendance sucked. I thiught the stadium would be filled to the brim like a Juve-Lazio match but I saw a lot of empty seats.
2. Both teams played like total sh It. Face it the Porto-Benfica games this season have both sucked.
3. Why the hell did Santos start Alessandro in place of Capucho? Capucho's injury was/is not that serious
4. Our solace is the remaining part of our schedule SHOULD be a cakewalk, but we have seen upsets before.
5. Both teams played dirty and sloppy...hmmm i wonder if Peixe and Sabry are the best of friends :) :) :)

------------------
Forca Jardel!
Forca Porto!
Forca Portugal!

http://portista.socceralliance.com

·
International
5,629 Posts
Marco you forget how big "A Luz" is. I still think the packed around 50,000 plus, with extremely bad weather which also hampered the game. I didn't think the game sucked, in fact after watching the last couple Benfica games, I thought my team played quite well, particularly Machiaridis who helped limit Jarde to two touches the whole game.

Peixe should have been red carded, he couldn't handle Sabry so he took him down every chance he had!

But don't be disheartened, Sporting has been known to choke and with their schedule anything is possible, including Benfica winding up in the CL!

------------------
Viva o Benfica!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Redeagle, surely you mean the same Sporting who choked in the 2 games at the Luz this year, the same team who choked in the match v Porto 2 weeks ago (huge pressure) and the same team whose recent form - not losing since November clearly shows what chokers they are.
Attendance for the match on saturday was 35,000 - not bad given the weather and when you remember Benfica are almost out of the race for 1st being 7 points back with 6 games left.

·
International
5,629 Posts
Santamaria, I know that Sporting is playing the best right now, but I will only believe that they can win the Championship after they have locked it up, which has not happened yet. Sporting can still see difficult times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts