Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Later this afternoon we face Siena in a match that should mean 3 points for us. But one can never be sure, and despite Siena being 19th in the league, they're not a team that will just roll over and die. It will take a solid effort from our boys to ensure the win there today, but I am confident that they will do what it takes to be victorious. Forza Lazio !!

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I think we will have a lot of difficulties in this game. Siena brought some new players in January and have improved their game, they have been very unlucky in some games and that's why their league position is still bad. We shouldn't be overconfident. With Cesar recovered, I'd like to see a more attacking approach to this game. GG is suspended for this game, that could be problematic since we usually play quite badly without him. Anyway, a very important game which we must not lose.

FORZA LAZIO!

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Playing the teams who have hope of survival is going to be pretty difficult from now on because they will fight for anything from now on.

Like AR mentioned, with Cesar back, we should be a bit more adventurous, I hope so atleast!

FORZA LAZIO!!

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
A sense of deja-vu...:( Why exactly do we play so much better against the big teams than against teams like Siena (not that I have watched this game but scoring zero goals against Siena probably means that we have played poorly)? Maybe our players were preocupied with thoughts about the possible bankruopcy of Lazio? Or they just thought they could beat Siena without trying too hard? We need to recover quickly because the relegation zone is only a few points away from our current position in the table.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Disappointing result. If we are to survive we need to win against teams like Siena. But indeed, with the story of possbile bankrupcy breaking a day earlier, it's hard to stay motivated. The situation needs to be resolved as soon as possible, continuing uncertainty only works against us. So I hope there won't be any last minute postponement, and that we finally know where we stand this week.

·
Midfield Enforcer
1,683 Posts
Yes very disappointing, & not from the lack of creating chances. On the bright side, Liverani had another fine performance, but why is Papa continuing to start with Dabo? (granted he had a fairly good match) It seemed like the pressure on the Tuscans was stepped up immediately when Cesar came on.

Ideally the players should not be affected by matters off the pitch, but how could they not be thinking of the impending bankruptcy ruling? Should be an interesting fortnight, with the possible announcement from the tax agency this week, & the regional elections & the hated Livorno ultras coming to town next weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts