Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We work hard to earn the points, lets not drop this one. Although it's early to be posting this, I hope Prandelli has seen what taking the foot off the gas has done for Milan and has immediately focused the players.

Juve is in Genoa which is no easy task and Milan face Empoli. Although there is chance for an upset in Empoli, i'd say Milan will be feeling left behind and will put the game away. On the other hand, Juve face a tough ask and if we just focus on our game we might be able to jump them.

So who is in/out?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Not so fast. Next game is against Everton on Thursday.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not so fast. Next game is against Everton on Thursday.
my bad, totally missed that one.

the juve win should shake things up in their camp!

Osvaldo can play Everton and rest Siena. What is Vieri's status?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Preview from Channel4

Serie A Week 27
Siena - Fiorentina
Stadio Franchi

In-form Fiorentina visit neighbours and Tuscan rivals Siena hoping to underline their Champions League aspirations, but may face a shock against one of 2008’s surprise packages. It promises to be some derby.

The Viola are in a vibrant mood and morale is sky-high after their last-gasp victory at Juventus on Sunday. That Turin triumph, their first since Roberto Baggio and Alberto Di Chiara sank the Old Lady 20 years ago, moved the side four points clear of Milan and to within one point of third-placed Juve.

Despite that victory virtually being celebrated like a Scudetto success in the Renaissance City, masterful Coach Cesare Prandelli is keen to cool enthusiasm. “I won’t talk about League placements,” he noted. “But we are doing well and that is what counts.”

Fiorentina’s away record is one of the best in the League – only Inter and Milan have won more games on their travels this term – and they’ve collected victories in three of their last four games, with their 1-0 reverse at Roma temporarily halting their progress.

Prandelli, whose build up to the game will be preceded by a UEFA Cup test against Everton, will again be without Adrian Mutu. There are also physical concerns over Franco Semioli and Fabio Liverani. Christian Vieri may be brought back into the fold, especially as Pablo Daniel Osvaldo is suspended. He received his marching orders for taking his shirt off to celebrate his winner in Turin.

While Fiorentina will start the game as slight favourites for victory, Siena have been re-born since the turn of the year. Unbeaten in four, successive wins against Cagliari and Empoli have launched them four points clear of the drop zone. Another win here and Coach Mario Beretta, recalled earlier this season, will win even more plaudits for his plucky and attacking tactics.

Siena, who suffered a 3-0 defeat to Fiorentina earlier in the season, may be missing some key elements though. Tomas Locatelli, Daniele Galloppa, Simone Vergassola and Lucas Jarolim have all spent time in the treatment room this week and Valerio Bertotto is suspended. It’s unclear which two strikers from Massimo Maccarone, Mario Frick and Christian Riganò will start.

Keep an eye on: Ndiaye Papa Waigo (Fiorentina) – He may not start the game, but the January arrival could be dangerous from the bench after his recent – and crucial – strikes against Livorno and Juventus.

Last season: Siena 1-1 Fiorentina
I forgot that now Rigano is with them. Really I am worried about this since if i recall correctly, he is the one that prevented our victory against Messina last season.

I hope that the result from the Everton match will be a motivator for this fixture, and now we need to really be wary since Milan is now able to focus only on Serie A. We're basically the only fourth place chasing team that is still in two competitions.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
Preview from Channel4

I forgot that now Rigano is with them. Really I am worried about this since if i recall correctly, he is the one that prevented our victory against Messina last season.
The referees prevented us from winning in Messina last season.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Siena (4-3-1-2). Manninger, Rossettini, Portanova, Loria, De Ceglie; Kharja, Codrea; Coppola, Locatelli; Maccarone, Frick. A disp. Eleftheropoulos, Forestieri, Galloppa, Alberto, Rossi, Vergassola, Riganò.

Fiorentina (4-3-3). Frey, Potenza, Gamberini, Dainelli, Pasqual; Montolivo, Donadel, Gobbi; Santana, Pazzini, Papa Waigo. A disp. Avramov, Ujfalusi, Kroldrup, Da Costa, Kuzmanovic, Jorgensen, Cacia.

That's the confirmed line ups for today.

·
Registered
307 Posts
It's driving me crazy. RadioBlu isn't working and I don't have a video feed.

Can someone describe what happened?

·
Registered
307 Posts
The live stats seem to show a relatively even match - anyone watching who can comment on the style so far??

My Italian listening skills aren't good enough to decipher what I'm hearing on LadyRadio.

·
Registered
307 Posts
How did Papa Waigo look? I was surprised to see him subbed off at the half. Then again, Prandelli's "professor" came on (Jorgensen). Perhaps he's looking for more organization??

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
This is not possible :(:(:(:(:(:(:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts