Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Senderos setback for Arsenal

Friday, 16 January 2004

Arsenal FC are likely to be without Swiss defender Philippe Senderos for the rest of the season after he fractured a bone in his foot.

Injury woes
The 18-year-old centre back had been tipped to make his first-team breakthrough for the Premiership club during the second half of the campaign, having missed the first half with back trouble and then a foot problem. His latest setback came in an Under-19 match for Arsenal and an operation this week has left him on the sidelines again.

No luck
"Philippe had surgery on Tuesday because he broke down again," Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger told the club's website. "We wanted to push it as far as we could but this time we had to take action. The surgery has gone well but you can say that his season is 90 per cent over."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

sounds like we've got another Upson on our hands,maybe we'll sell him to Tottenham in three years and he can keep Redknapp,Anderton and Kanouté company ;)

does anyone know his injury record at Servette ?

i think the Swiss saw us coming :(

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i think clubs are taking advantage on us and throwing injury prone #@$* at us.

however with these not so good signings, dam it wenger, pull a rabbit outta your hat!! give us some glory frenchies!!! MEXES!! MEXES!!!

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
does anyone know his injury record at Servette ?

i think the Swiss saw us coming :(
It wasn't that bad. No Genèvois deigned it worthy to mention "injury" when discussing Senderos. Maybe it's a big Swiss national ruse, like building hangars in the Alps.

·
Registered
58 Posts
damn it. i was counting on phillip to become our spare "center half"

hope he is not injury-prone. i guess we'll have to cope without him.

unluck for the kid :fero:

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
he seems pretty injury prone....anyone can stat check how many proper games he been in?

i dont even think he has a EPL game under his belt? :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts