Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sports Illustrated predicts that Italy will beat a "gimpy" Argentina in the final. I guess they called Argentina "gimpy" because they believe they will be hurting after there semi - final win over Brazil. While Italy will beat Cameroon in the other semi - final.

I agree with a lot of the prediction, but if Totti or DP gets injured than Italy won't win

·
Registered
13,209 Posts
Wow, that's a pretty hefty endorsement. :)
I'm surprised at their choice of Cameroon. :eek:
I kinda think Spain might do something for once this cup. Italy can win it all if we get the necessary creativity for offense. I see Vieri coming on strong.

·
International
8,545 Posts
SI is hurting when it comes to football, their predictions are no better than mine or yours.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
SI obviously havent been reading team news fomr the italy camp........if they did, maybe their view would change!

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Last night I was reading a thread in the Portuguese forum about what SI predicts will happen to Portugal. They said some negative stuff about them (Portugal) and the Portuguese fans reacted in vigorous ways by saying that SI is bull**** and all this, and after hearing other people's comments, they also said it, so maybe SI are trying to jinx Italy :D

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
IVO said:
SI is hurting when it comes to football, their predictions are no better than mine or yours.
Ivo, I thought this too, but last time, Grant Wahl (who did the predictions this year as well) picked 13 out of 16 teams in the second round, 7 out of 8 in the quarters, and picked France as the champion.

He is pretty good at it.:eek:

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Well guys......

Its interesting to see that so many people are predicting that France will lose to Brazil in the 1/4's i too agree with this.

Believe me Lebouf cannot withstand Ronaldo Rivaldo Ronaldinho and Denilson

·
Registered
273 Posts
Italy is the team I will support in the world cup and hopefully CNN SI's predictions are right but the thing that concerns me are Italy's wingers: Zambrotta and Coco, I don't think they are great enough to win the world cup but I hope they will both prove me wrong....

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Zambro is more than capable. although he played in the 4-4-2 this season and didnt take the whole wing, he has played taking that whole wing in previous seasons.

Coco is a good player who just needs to be given a go. i think he is the only player who can take that whole left wing as maldini is a little old and Doni hasnt got defending skills.

they are both good and i believe they will step up!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts