Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ROME, May 9 (AFP)
Lazio's Argentinian striker Hernan Crespo has fallen out with club president Sergio Cragnotti and his future with the Italian first division club is in doubt after an exchange of words on Thursday.
Cragnotti, referring to remarks Crespo made some time ago that he would only stay at Lazio if the president built a competitive team, told Crespo to shut up and said if he wasn't happy he could get out.
Crespo, training with Argentina's World Cup squad at Lazio's Formello training camp, replied that he would decide if and when he would leave the club in his own time.
Although he did not mention Crespo's name Cragnotti started the spat, saying to Radioincontro channel: "Anyone who does not want to stay here does not have to. People who say: 'I will stay but I want good players here' do not please me.
"These are people who earn five million euro a year and I expect respect from them. I do not earn that and I am president of a big company," said Cragnotti.
Referring to Lazio's new salary cap policy Cragnotti said: "Those who don't accept it should get out immediately and I am categorical about that."
Crespo, who scored 26 goals for Lazio in the 2000-1 season to become top scorer in Serie A, replied: "I am surprised, it seems the president has changed his mind since we last met in January.
"Still Cragnotti is the boss, he can say and do what he wants and that's how it should be."
Asked about the salary cap he said: "It's not a problem for me. I can be paid monthly, quarterly or maybe daily.
"Anyway regarding my future we can talk about that after the World Cup. I am in no hurry."

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Yes Crespo think a little before u take. Asked about the salary cap he said: "It's not a problem for me. I can be paid monthly, quarterly or maybe daily.

Its about a pay cut doofy. Not how u get paid.

Most things added together I want Crespo out. Here are my reasons:
1. We need money and hes the one to provide $60mil.
2. He wont accept the salary cap which is the only way forward.
3. He doesnt love Lazio and doesnt even like Lazio.
4. He complains too much and thinks hes the boss and can choose who we buy.
5. His wage is huuuuge.
6. He never scores when we need him too.
7. Mancini doesnt believe in him.

I could keep on listing.

Thanx Crespo you have scored many great goals for us. But not as many as Salas ;) and i wish u luck but ur time is up.

·
Registered
273 Posts
if crespo is out...lazio will be stronger

i hate that crespo too much, if he is out.......i am more happy that he can gone forever because lazio don,t need his big mouth..... when we need him to score, where the hell are the goals. and when argentina needs to score, where the hell are those important goals. crespo suck

·
Registered
518 Posts
Love or not love Crespo, it's an attitude problem. Yes, he always blame something, it's because he care about the club. Roy Keane is more long-tongued but he's still the spirit of MU. If we want be a team with great and honoured blood, we need such players just like we need hard working players.

Crespo deserve 60M euro, why we give up such a striker??? Who can replace him??? Will there have a free perfect person waiting for you????

·
Registered
480 Posts
Cragnotti in Crespo blast Friday 10 May, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hernan Crespo’s future at Lazio is in doubt after President Sergio Cragnotti indirectly hit out at the striker.

Cragnotti was speaking about the future of the club after he confirmed that Roberto Mancini would be the new Coach.

"We will do everything possible to keep those players who want to wear this shirt and make sacrifices for it," said the club patron. "I do not like star players who create unhappiness and misunderstandings. Whoever wants to dictate the rules is of no interest to me."

The comment was clearly directed at Crespo, who has made several statements in the recent past suggesting that he would only stay if Lazio could prove that they would still be title contenders.

Cragnotti added: "Anyone who does not want to stay here doesn’t have to. I have little time for players that say ‘I will remain but I want the club to sign good players’. These are people that earn 5m Euros a year and that is more money than even I pocket."

The capital chief also confirmed that Lazio would enforce a salary cap system from the start of this summer.

"Who doesn’t accept this can leave the club right now, and I am stating this categorically," he said. "Everyone must make an effort to be part of the financial balance this club needs."

Crespo, who has been linked with moves to Milan, Juventus and Real Madrid, seemed confused by Cragnotti’s comments but confirmed that he would think about his future only after the World Cup.

"The President can say what he wants because at the end of the day the club is his. I don’t really want to judge his words but I’m saddened if he thinks that I’m causing trouble," he said.

"I’m surprised by his comments because I haven’t spoken to him since January. But at this moment in time I don’t really want to think about whether I’m staying or leaving Lazio."

·
Registered
179 Posts
Crespo is an arrogant SOB. If he thinks Lazio is too small of a team and doesn't have too many great players for his aspirations, well, he can just go away.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
None can doubt Crepo's qualities:)

In what he does, he's one of the best in the world. The price tag explains that;)

On the other hand, i dont want players in the team that are not there wholeheartedly. We dont need another Mandietta & Liverani, and for the ones who will come (possibly) only because forced to ( Dacourt, Davids) ...stay where you are. Do whatever you want, just remember that you started playing this game for the fun of it, for the thrill it can give. IF you are all about the money, go somewhere else.....

no point in you having a hard time & fans having a hard time with you.....

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Crespo has qualities that noone can deny. He is one of the best strikers in the world but I getting pretty annoyed by his comments. I would like him to stay at Lazio for his qualities and what he has done for Lazio but we cannot overlook the constant falling outs with the clubs with statements like he wants to play in the Champion's League and that he will not except a salery cap. A salery cap that will work for the good of the club. If Crespo cannot understand that and won't show good will to work for the good of the club I guess it is time for him to go. I hope he changes his mind after the World Cup, but if he won't he should be sould which will benefit both the club Lazio with a huge capital income and Crespo will be allowed to move to a club where he can pursue his goals.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Let me get this straight then...
Cragnotti can go out and say that "everyone is for sale", next week say that "Nesta and Crespo will definately stay", announce a wage cap without indicating how it's to be carried out, once again come back to "everyone's for sale", "we'll keep Nesta and Crespo", and Crespo cannot say that he doesn't care how the wage cap will work as long as he will get what's on his contract- as he's entitled to, asn as he can get in many other clubs ?

Really- I'm all for player loyalty like you, but no club will get it if the Pres. isn't loyal towards the players.

"The President can say what he wants because at the end of the day the club is his. I don’t really want to judge his words but I’m saddened if he thinks that I’m causing trouble," he said.

"I’m surprised by his comments because I haven’t spoken to him since January. But at this moment in time I don’t really want to think about whether I’m staying or leaving Lazio."

What is Cragnotti doing ? He is paving the way to be able to cash in on Crespo without getting blamed for selling Lazio's best striker by the supporters. -and you've all seen it before.
The fact that it's probably the best strategy for Lazio in the long run is one thing, but Cragnotti routinely blasting a player before selling him is another.

Ciao.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Wow! :eekani:
This is one of the few times that I am recently really imppressed by Cragnotti's attitude and I agree totally.
I appreciate Crespo as a player but pointless whining like this will not help our team.
We need a striker who will play his ass off for the shirt he's wearing and put the priority of the club above that of building his ego and fattening his wallet.
Basically we need the next Bep Signori(if it is possible to find another one like him)!!!

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Glen: Take a look at this. :)

From Laziomania:

One of Sergio Cragnotti's closest men, Guido Paglia, revealed today, speaking to RSA, that Hernan Crespo will be sold if a good offer arrives. Crespo has not been put up for sale and will be sold at any cost, but only if a really good bid arrives. And with the many top clubs who are looking for a striker it souldn't be unlikely that Crespo leaves.

And it was yesterday that Cragnotti got enough of Crespo.

Paglia: "The Argentine national team is at Formello, and yesterday morning Sergio Cragnotti was at the club house waiting for the club of directors meeting to start. The Argentine players arrived for breakfast and while Simeone and Lopez went to the president, sat down to talk to Cragnotti. And both said they were really fine at Lazio. And especially Lopez told him that he would like to stay, although he is ready to hear what offers he has. Crespo said hi and went on, like if he was superior. That's what made Cragnotti upset, and that is why he later yesterday said that he had enough of stars who thinks they can do what they want. Especially Crespo, who at every press conference says that he never meet Cragnotti, although he would like to talk to the president. Yesterday he had the chance but obviously he had something more important to do."

Paglia about the possible sale of Crespo: "I think I can say that Lazio's transfer market will be based on the sale of Crespo. We won't sell him off, but if good bids arrives, and I am pretty sure they will, then we will sell him."
--------------------------------------
I guess this is it. Cragnotti is tired of Crespo. I think Crespo need to do some explaining if he want's to stay at Lazio.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I would like to ask one thing: Who of you heard Crespo himself say that he's tired of Lazio, that he wants to go away, or whatever? Cause it seems to me some people are basing their opinions on rumours they only read somewhere... or am I wrong?

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
I 100% agree with Glen on this.

I can't believe you people still fall for Crag's mind games!:eek:

He does this everytime he wants to sell a player. He will discredit him and make him seem as he doesnt care about the team and just wants out, so then he will sell him with the approval of most of the Laziali.

Cragnotti is one hell messed up president. He made Veron look bad when he wanted to sell him. He also did the same thing with Nedved. Have you guys forgotten that?!?! He claimed that he didnt know or give permission to Nedved for him to leave and fly to Turin so he could sign with Juve.

There were people here hating Veron for his wanting to leave which was not true and there were people, including me who thought we were betrayed by Nedved for flying to turin and signing without Cragnotti's knowledge. Shame on Crag for trying to put the blame on the players, instead of himself.:(

It's interesting how Cragnotti can get away with alot of things that are so unfair to the lazio players, but when the players make the same kinds of comments to protect themselves, they are attacked with fans questioning their loyalty to the club.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
It's a never ending story of the club presidents:D

Glen is right on the dot saying that this is the game Crag mastered. whatever happens, someone is to blame. "he wanted to leave, he did not try, he's a traitor", said more eloquently, but thats the bottom line...

At the same time, this season, being as disastrous as it was....gives him a lot af ammunition. And the feelings of most of the fans are best explained through the name they players were calld by most of the season "mercaneri".:(

So what is the truth?

I'm quite confident that some players are quite disappointed with what happened this season. The results, the games, the stuff on & off the pitch, the fans who wanted no excuses, the preassure on all sides. The internal struggles, probably fights....god knows. I'm sure that some, especially newcomers, wouldnt mind turning their back to Rome & getting as far away as possible. What kind of "love" could have Mandietta feel for Lazio? What kind of player-fan relationship can there be after this season? How many times did Mandy think "How to hell did i manage to get myself into this place?"

I'm quite confident that for some players all this "salary Cap" doesnt feature well in their plans. Why accept less when there is someone who will give more?

I'm quite sure that Crag has the financies in his mind. Lazio Needs money. Thats the bottom line. And even Lazio with "less-high-profile" players will mean less money for the team. So, some of our stars will stay, if for nothing, because they are advertising "magnet" one team has.

Now, I'm not agains cashing in on Crespo AS LONG as it is done with some sense. I dont want Salas - sequel. IF there is a buyer with a decent offer, in my mind there is nothing wrong with Crespo going. But if there is no serious buyer, Crag, hold your horses & close your mouth and let the guy do what he does best. DO NOT sell him at all cost. One Salas story was enough.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Once and for all stop blaming Crag for selling Veron. It was a mutual thing that for the best of Veron and Lazio he had to leave Italy because of all the troubles they had with passports. Veron said he had to move and Crag agreed. Batsa!

I'm just dissapointed that Crespo hasnt scored the crucial goals. He scores only against the lower table teams. Oh well I will rephrase, if what Crespo says is true I think he should leave. But I appreciate what he has done. Bravo Crespo :star:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts