Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pose this question since I was on a different site and many Egyptians expressed amazingly harsh views against Zidan. Some don't wish to have him on the NT at all regardless of what he can do! Some absolutly hate him and wishing all sorts of ill will on the guy. Can we have a reasonable discussion on the subject? What are your views?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think zidan does not deserve to play for egyptian NT,simply because he does not want to as he wants to play for danish NT.Morten Olsen the Danish coach announced that he wishes to see zidan with the danish NT and zidan said that he also wishes to play for the danish NT!!!!!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Im one of those people who wont really state a straight opinion on the matter. If the guy is invited for our NT and he actually comes and plays, then all the good for us, if not then we have more than enough strikers already.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Ahlawy said:
Im one of those people who wont really state a straight opinion on the matter. If the guy is invited for our NT and he actually comes and plays, then all the good for us, if not then we have more than enough strikers already.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Its good that we're nationalistic in our choice of players, but lets not overdo it. Our national team wont go to the world cup just because the 11 starters are "holy and patriotic", they'll go if they can play football, regardless of their personalities. So if Zidan is invited and accepts, there should be no problem at all.

Of course, one can not also judge Zidan's patriotism. He may be more patriotic than all of us combined.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
I HOPE it happens he's such a gr8 addition to our squad

he's best egyptian player @ the moment and plzzz dont say MIDO he's much better than him I HOPE HE JOINS OUR nt before libya's match

isa

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
zidan is more talented them mido, but ofcourse mido is playing more proffesinal football then zidan, mido played across italy, spain, france, holland and now england!!

zidan just played for denmark and now he is fresh new in germany with bremen.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Not at the moment

He shouldn't be on the NT at the monent :D :D

What did you think I meant?

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
why he shoudnt be in the nt at the moment?

there isnt a better player there ...

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
I dont really know the current Egyptian national team situation, but i can only imagine that a player like Zidan would be a great addition to the team :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All signs from Gharib and she7ata seem to suggest that Zidan will be playing for the NT. Hang on guys...Mido/Met3eb with Zidan right behind them in the line up. Other african countries...say you prayers!

·
Registered
59 Posts
footballnut said:
All signs from Gharib and she7ata seem to suggest that Zidan will be playing for the NT. Hang on guys...Mido/Met3eb with Zidan right behind them in the line up. Other african countries...say you prayers!
Well the problem in this case is the danish government. Its very very hard for a foreign person to get danish citizenship. Zidan know that he has a better chance of silverware in the danish team that in the egyptian team. He wants to play international football, but the danish government requires a foreign person to live here in 7 years before they allow them to get a citizenship! As a Dane, I really hope he will get the danish citizensship because he is a brilliant footballer with a great future ahead of him.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wouldn't worry about it Trip. Zidan is as Egyptian as they come. He will play for the Egyptian NT and that is pretty much the deal. You could see him play for the Egyptian NT as soon as next month. The Danish NT will just have to do with actual Danes playing for them.

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
I thought FIFA had a rule that if you have played for one National Team then you can never ever play for another National Team or am I wrong??

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Partially.

If you've played for the first national team, you can't switch. But if you've played ONLY for the youth national team of one country, you can officially request to play for another country other than the one you already played for.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Zidan didnt play for the BIG NT, so he can play for the naish nt at ease.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts