Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wome had a one year contract renewable depending on his performance.

He had some awful displays at the beginning of the season but is gradually picking up.

He said he needed to play regularly to have the proper match rythm and for his colleagues to understand his play/vice versa.

Do you guys think Mancini should give him another chance?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I've seen Maxwell play for Ajax and I was impressed, he is a highly technical player. However we all know the Italian league is another matter altogether, so in that respect we should keep Wome just in case.

·
Registered
43,657 Posts
Tough question. Based on current form, I'd say "yes". But I would have to give him until around the end of the season before I could decide.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
dont let 2,3 matches fool u guys, hes not Intermaterial... i wouldnt renew his contract, i would stick with Favalli who has been proving to be a good leftback, as a backup to Maxwell, who i beleive will be a great buy

·
Banned
9,221 Posts
yes keep wome for backup.

Favagol is a really a piece of shit who should quit football after this season. we need to get rid of all those shitty lazio players mancini brought in.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Yes, it should be renewed if he continues with this form.

He as proven himself as a reliable backup the past few matches and he'll accept the role of a backup without complaint.

If Wome was Brazilian, Argentine or even Italian most people would be calling for him to be a regular. Everyone creams over Burdisso and Wome has played 100x better in the last few matches then Burdisso ever has in an Inter shirt.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Favali is extremely underrated player at Inter, many people think he is completely useless or not up to standard but I really think he is a decent player who has played quite well. He doesn't attack as much as Wome or Maxwell [would do...] but he is experienced and provides extra defence.

Its too early to draw conclusion about Wome after few games, so perhaps at the end of the season. But Favali can provide a decent backup when we need to be sure to defend against a top team with a top winger, he can do the job I believe better then Wome who really hasn't been tested.

Time will telll hopefully

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
so u guys prefer Wome instead of Favalli?? u must be joking :)... months ago, some people said that Wome probably was the worst player ever at Inter, and now this, hehe

·
4,108 Posts
I've always said that Favalli is a good player, but he has fallen off the face of the earth since his injury. At 34 years old it takes him a hell of a lot longer to recover from knocks then it did a few years ago. What good is a backup if he is injured all the time?

I'm all for playing Favalli if he's fit but I'm not sure we can depend on him for another long demanding season. If Wome can maintain his current form keeping him is a no-brianer.

edit - typo

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
i would say that we should dump favalli and wome and we sign grosso... :D:D:D

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
wome just cost us a goal, his mistake let parma to score... as ive said before, dont let 2,3 matches fool u... Wome simply isnt good enough to be at Inter

·
4,108 Posts
One mistake no matter how bad doesn't mean he isn't good enough.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
did i say that this mistake make not good enough or something??? ive just mentioned that his mistake let parma to score... however, hes been bad all season, except for the last games, hes not that good that some of u make him... cmon, this is Inter, we should have worldclass, or at least very good players in each positions, and in my eyes, Wome, isnt near that category.. he should leave

·
4,108 Posts
I don't think anyone is saying he should be a starter, but he has shown that he would make a good backup.

Our starting XI has to be World Class but I don't know of many World class leftbacks that would come to Inter to be backups.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts