Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arsenal's search for a striker to provide cover for Thierry Henry has led them to Inter Milan's Roberto Baggio.

Arsene Wenger still hopes to land France striker Sylvain Wiltord from Bordeaux but has made tentative enquiries about Baggio. Also unsettled at his club, Baggio might be tempted by a last chance to come to England but a disadvantage to Arsenal is the fact that he also has offers from Napoli, Fenerbahce and Brescia.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My, isn't it impressive how the press is capable, not merely of maintaining their level of idiocy, but actually defining new parameters.

Just how the phuck is old man river, supposed to provide cover for henry. Does he have pace? No. Is he a target man? No. Does he lead the line? No. The whole reason we got rid of suker is because he wasn't capable of playing henrys role in our system, Baggio would be infinitely worse.

The only position he could conceivably play, or not play to be more exact. Would be the support striker role, and do we really need this geriatric, in addition to bergkempt, kanu, ljungberg and pires. I don't think so, no sane person would think so, but I can't say i'm surprised the press have come up with this ridiculous, trumped up story.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts