Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
purely financially speaking, to get £25m for a full back would be great money, we have a ready made replacement that will be as good in the next couple of years and probably better in the next five.

but what message would it send our other top players ? would that think we are a sinking ship ?

I think the emotional things about Ashley being a lifelong Arsenal fan are in the toilet, if he met Chelsea behind the club's back then he has cut his ties.

what do you reckon ?

i would sell because that is a huge amount for a full back and we could spend it well, probably we will have no choice though.

if Ashley comes out tomorrow and apologises to the board and fans i will reconsider it but that will never happen.

I blame that Cheryl Tweedy, she's turned him into a Chav in a few short weeks.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
khimik said:
Throw in Cech and it'd be a deal ;)
what about Gallas ? :D

Gallas, Cech and £25m and he's all Chav. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
what about Gallas ? :D

Gallas, Cech and £25m and he's all Chav. :thumbsup:
I'll clean out his locker room for him ;) Cole's not bigger than the club and he bloody well knows it. He's just being a mercenary.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am just looking forward to JackoTheDon finally agreeing with me that Ash is much much better than the pathetic Wayne Bridge. :D

ever cloud has a silver lining and all that. :shades:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
I am just looking forward to JackoTheDon finally agreeing with me that Ash is much much better than the pathetic Wayne Bridge. :D

ever cloud has a silver lining and all that. :shades:
And watch the sudden 180 degree turn by Marc the closet Chelsea fan too ;)

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
khimik said:
And watch the sudden 180 degree turn by Marc the closet Chelsea fan too ;)

yeah Marc, the typical Chelsea/England fan that they are famous for. :)

NO SURRENDER TO THE I.R.A. :D

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
yeah Marc, the typical Chelsea/England fan that they are famous for. :)
But he's not a Chelsea fan ... he's a Wayne Bridge/John Terry/Frank Lampard/Joe Cole fan. :googly:

I support players innit.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
khimik said:
But he's not a Chelsea fan ... he's a Wayne Bridge/John Terry/Frank Lampard/Joe Cole fan. :googly:

I support players innit.

he also rates very highly Glen Johnson. :eekani:

maybe he's a disullisoned West Ham fan who just can't quite come to terms with the break up of the squad :)

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
he also rates very highly Glen Johnson. :eekani:

maybe he's a disullisoned West Ham fan who just can't quite come to terms with the break up of the squad :)
I wonder if he rates Ian Walker.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
khimik said:
I wonder if he rates Ian Walker.
i don't think he rates Walker, in his opinion he is only on a par with Casillas. :)

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
i don't think he rates Walker, in his opinion he is only on a par with Casillas. :)
Do you have a fact to back up this claim or are you lying?

(You know it's great he won't ever read this, since he never pops into our forum to offer his opinion on our English players :D)

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
khimik said:
Do you have a fact to back up this claim or are you lying?

(You know it's great he won't ever read this, since he never pops into our forum to offer his opinion on our English players :D)
I am sure he will, he always does a search for "Lampard" when logging on in case anyone is dissing him so that he can vigorously defend FatFrank and chastise any unbelievers and give a speech about Queen Elizabeth I and Olly Cromwell to boot. ;)

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
I am sure he will, he always does a search for "Lampard" when logging on in case anyone is dissing him so that he can vigorously defend FatFrank and chastise any unbelievers and give a speech about Queen Elizabeth I and Olly Cromwell to boot. ;)
It's a bit like Bastin, but wrong ;)

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Ash Hole should be thrown out of the club for tapping up Chelsea! Money hungy no gooder.

There are a few things though. Fetching £25 million for him is not an easy thing. Only Chelsea would spend that amount on him.

Other clubs who could use a left back and also dish out money are Real, Barcelona and Inter. All three clubs are in need of a good left back although Barcelona may not need him.

Real

They will sell the Pimp perhaps to get some money during the Summer. The question is whether you would accept the Pimp if the deal was fine? Pimp + Owen + Cash in return for A Hole? That deal doesn't seem to be a bad one.

Inter

Moratti has been fond of English players and their left back slot is not strong. The problem is that he won't spend £25 million. Inter has been taunted enough in the last decade over their spendings for no results. £15-£17 may be fetched for him though. You'd still have to approach Inter.

Chelsea

They need a left back and will definitely buy one. I don't think they will buy Hole. Maxwell, Aurelio and Del Horno are all available for the right price and Chelsea has the cash to burn. Seeing that Chelsea have been dragged into dirt due to the actions of A Hole, they will most possibly not go for him.

Barcelona

They spent a lot last season and the season before. I don't know whether they would want to spend so much on one player this Summer. One thing is clear though and that is Barcelona needing a defender or two to make the defence better. The downside is that A Hole won't be dancing when facing Ronaldinho again. :(

I just hope that Arsenal kicks him out and he goes to a club that is not willing to pay him over £50,000!! :D A cut on his already £55,000 and he is done for! :devil: Greedy football player with no morals.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haroon, he is getting £25,000 at the moment , the £55,000 contract is unsigned and deemed "insulting" by Cole. :lala:

i think Chelsea will get him, they want the best player and all the ones you mentioned are inferior versions.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
There's no way a defender costs £25M. I would say £15M is the proper value, just like when Rio transferred to MU.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
vinsea said:
There's no way a defender costs £25M. I would say £15M is the proper value, just like when Rio transferred to MU.

If Rio cost £30m we should ask for £50m for Ashley. ;) ;)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts