Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think we should buy a coloured player just so the so called fans at curva nord stop screaming and booing when for example davids has the ball ? ? ?

S.G Eriksson has suggested this to the president and some good names would be : Thuram, Henry or maybe Davids himself....

What do you think ?

Forza Lazio !!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Does it matter if he´s coloured or not ?? I mean come on we can´t go out and pick players because of their skin type and we should be so lucky to get any of Thuram or Davids.

Henry is good but not better then Inzaghino ( they are about the same I´d say ) and similar in their style of play.

To be honest there are not so many coloured players that would make it into the starting lineup of Lazio without costing $$$ ( Rivaldo, Carlos, Thuram, Davids etc ).

Color makes no difference !! never has never will ( not in my eyes ).

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with you svennis. It´s stupid to buy a player just because his skin colour, but what about the rasists on the curva ? I think Eriksson advice was good so the "fans" wake up a bit.
By the way, how did these fans act when Winter played for us ? Did they show fascism flags and so on then ?

Forza Lazio !!

·
International
6,519 Posts
We allready had a topic like this, I think :p

Well, it would be nice to have so called "nigro" in Lazio, but it is fine with me if we don't either. I am not a rasist , for me, the black guys are cool :cool:

G

·
Ericsson's idea isn't bad at all. I wonder if these racist fans would still boo colored players if we had a guy like Thuram or Davids in the squad.
And Svennis, most players in Lazio or that Lazio wants to buy cost $$$. So it wouldn't matter if the rare colored players that would make it in the starting line-up would cost money. Crespo, Figo, Vieri, and Overmars all cost a lot of money, too much i'd say.

For the sake of our team and not of for these racist fans i'd like to see Thuram reinforce our defense. Just picture the two best defenders (Thuram and Nesta) in the world playing side by side. Thuram + Nesta = no entrance

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
This shouldn't even be a subject, I guess. The real issue is: "Should we buy a good player?".

J O A K I M,
the guy had a real rough time at Lazio! He still doesn't wanna talk about it. That says enough, I think.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
It doesn't matter if he's white, black, yellow or even red, as long as he's good enough for Lazio.

Forza Lazio
Solo e Sempre Lazio

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx for that info Lazia ! By the way, this was Erikssons idea, not mine....

Well said Pierre !

For those who don´t know, Eriksson said this in a TV show he made for Swedish telivision. In that show they also said that Lazio´s fans are known for their boring attitude. Is there some history behind this or is it just more of these new-nazists ?

Forza LAZIO !!

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
if I was a first timer on this forum I would be like "OH MY GOD..WHAT A POLITICALLY INCORRECT TOPIC" :)

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Don't worry, it absolutely wasn't meant as a personal attack. In fact, I already heard that's what he said on Swedish tv.

I haven't got a clue! Some people say it's 'cause Mussolini was a fan of Lazio, but personally I don't believe it.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
well I have heard those bad stories about Lazio fans (neo-nazism) thats just bad..... :(

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Eriksson means well when he says that he wants a black player at Lazio to change the mindset of Curva nord but consider this - a failure means that they get even more fuel.

A black man at Lazio must play like Davids or Thuram does to become accepted - anything else isn´t good enough for those ignorants.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
That's the problem exactly svennis; Selfaware superstars like Davids and Thuram would never go to Lazio considering the treatment they've got from Curva Nord.
Both of them has said that they were fed up with that kind of behaviour. When Juventus tried to get Vieri last season Davids was actually a part of the offer Moggi made, but Davids blankly refused to go to Lazio which is one of the reasons that deal didn't go through (another is Moratti spending loads of $ :)).
It has to start somewhere else.
I just don't think it will ever change if Lazio doesn't do something.

Obviously I agree with Lazia (and everyone I assume) that it shouldn't matter. That the only parametres for getting a player should be skill and personality, but all the other topteams have coloured players but Lazio.

N.B I intend to offend noone here- just my opinion on the subject.

Ciao.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
if rivaldo was signed this wouldn't be a problem!!!1
he would rock the city.....

G

·
Ofcourse I would like to have Davids/Thuram in the team, not because they are coloured but because they are great.

If we are going to buy a coloured player, he better be great. After two or three bad matches the stupid part of Curva Nord would treat him really bad and make him leave us...

Conclusion: YES to all great players coloured or not
NO to a idea of bringing in a coloured guy ONLY because of fans.

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Aagree with all those who think that positive discrimination is NOT the way forward for Lazio...buying a player because he is black would give him negative feelings and the rest of the team...it would also make the racists in the crowd more against him.
But buying a players such as Davids, Thuram, Carlos etc would be enough to shut the crowds up because they are such quality players that how could you not want them in your team??

As for ridding Lazio of the racists, the only way this will be achieved is to ban the offensive banners in the crowd, and anyone insulting someone because of their race to be banned from Lazio matches.....Lazio and Italian Federation need to think up a positive but effective "Kick Racism Out of Football" (to coin the phrase used in England) campaign! Only then will it be gone on the surface!

G

·
To Laziali all the way:

Most of the lazialis are NOT prejudice, a small but loud group is.

Is there a solution to this? Is it Cragnottis obligation to convert these idiots into political correctness? His wallet's?

It is, of course, the society that has to take responsibility not the club! The parents. The club should do every thing that's possible to show how they feel about this of course! But not to spend a huge amount of money on a player 'cause he's black! It could end up as Emir wrote.

Ban the "fans" that behaves uncorrect, for life if necessary. If they love Lazio they'll have to think about what they do. Another good thing could be that remove the "golgata" of Duce statues and inscriptions outside the stadium...that's a start.

L4L

·
International
6,519 Posts
maybe we should by a green player instead of black one :p:p

·
Registered
708 Posts
they fact that you all are still referring to black people as "colored" just shows how far behind you are in social terms.

Also, whoever said is one of the posts that Simeone Inzahi is as good as Thierry Henry must have his head up where the sun don't shine.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts