Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a thought of a joint bid for the europian championship of 2008 from Turkey and Greece.The Turks proposed it.Do you think we should accept? I think we should grab this chance for several reasons:

a) This way we will have the chance to give a boost to our stadium conditions,because klets face it,apart from OAKA,Nea Filadelfia and Toumba the rest are for planting trees and not for football.Starting with Proodeftiki's "stadium" which,in my opinion is a disgrace for the sport.

b) the football image of the whole country will take a furter turn up.Despite having better teams than other countries our league is seriusly underrated and big players rarely accept to come and play here.A Europian Championship will help our image and attract bigger names.

c) Political reasons.It will promote the friendship with Turkey.After the earthquakes ( :() Greece and Turkey have been having a period of rare friendship.Something which I think should have been done many many years before.With a joint event we will feel even closer.

d) Its the only way our national team will reach a big tournament. :)

And a reason for refusing the proposal: Cyprus... :(

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Point d) was a joke. :)

Average football nation? this comes from a romanian? :)

------------------

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
My reply to point d) was meant as a joke, I guess I didn't put enough smiley faces to convince you. :) :) :)

Don't bring Romania into this...I'm telling you don't do it ;)

P.S. Good luck with this forum, I'll try to help you guys out as much as I can

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Yes you should amoroso. I hope they do!!
This is gonna be a great opportunity both for turkey and greece in amny aspects as you sad.
I think the most important thing is it is gonna bring our people closer.
I think it is time to forget everything :) and leave in peace forever :)
Your pint d) is a good one :) :) :)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Carlito,I'm willing to forget EVERYTHING about the past,but its the present that hurts me...you know what I mean...

But I agree,it would be a great oportunity for both countries.

------------------

R

·
0 Posts
yes please do Amo!!!

And while u r at it, explain the reason 4 refusing....don't get fired up, I respect u but just explain.

------------------

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
I hope that will finally find a solution too.
Lets wait and see..Papandreu and Cem had a talk yesterday and they said the talk was very friendly and thse talks will finally bring a souion. They r workin on it. Dont worry, it s gonna find a solution uz people now indeed are SERIOUSLY tryin to find one. Before it was just a show-off..
Anyway, whatever happens, i think they should still do it. Thinking about what has happenned there will always block your way to peace :) :) :)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And i'm not refusing at all Rollo! I want it to happen...

------------------

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For some reason I dont trust Papandreu nor Jem (nor Simitis or Etzevit to be exact :().I think they are all american puppets and they will never find a solution.

I wish we,the people,were allowed to run things.But that would be a perfect world made for a perfect huamn kind.And because we are not perfect nor our world is. :)

------------------

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
But seriously dont you find tournaments with two host nations boring ?? "So where are the teams playing today, Turkey or Greece?".. I really liked the one nation as a host thing. I just hope this does not grow out of hand, its really annoying...

But again its your only chances (Turkey and Greece) to host it together because countries such as Germany, England, Italy, Spain, France e.t.c. always get to host it and never give chance to others, however if you do it together it would be much easier to work together and help each other...

Disadvantage: If some small spark is thrown between Greece and Turkey a bigger problem can happen, Example some country insists on having the final game but the other country wants it too, then for every next decision to be made there will be a fight about it..

Lets hope not, good luck..

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Sabry, dont worry we have bigger problems than deciding where to play the final :) i think that would be easy to decide :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
A tournament like the one you said,it's a good thing,but tell you the truth apart for all the reasons ou mentioned,there is still something i am afraid.The turks fans! I dont say our guys are better,they have a behavior prob(see Aris-Paok match) and if we add the national prob as well i am afraid of the ending in the tournament! :(

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Hi guys...Amo you made it to coach! :)

I don;t think a share between Turkey and Greece could because of the political problems....I have hope for the future in this region but I think it should be taken slowly...and the location for the final probably would cause problems!

I know Amo will probably bite my head off and call me an ignorant English for this! :)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Exactly Natalya.

Does the rest of the world really believe that the people of Turkey and Greece have anything to separate?

------------------

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The "exactly Natalya" was refering to "ignorant english" :)

------------------

·
Registered
502 Posts
Natalya! Nice seeing you in the greek forum! :)
Well,I think that right now we are starting developping a good friendship with the Turks...See the travel plans,most of Greek went to Turkey for the Easter.The prob is with the rival fans.We all see what happen with Leeds and we (Greeks)know what is happening during our games!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.