Xtratime Community banner

Should Victor continue as our first choice keeper ?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i liked Victor Valdes very very much the last 2 seasons he had some really nice saves and reactions.. but this season 3 mistakes that costed is a goal ..
What do you think ? Should he be our keeper ? Our buy an other one ..so that he must know that also his place is not secure ..?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could be a good choice .. i think he will be motivated to show he can be our #1 keeper

·
Seis Copas
5,517 Posts
Carles said:
I'd give Jorquera a chance.
Yea but the thing that worries me is the last time Jorquera played against Zaragoza, remember the score???

But maybe he does deserve a chance but next week's game is dangerous and we need a win!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Camp Nou said:
Yea but the thing that worries me is the last time Jorquera played against Zaragoza, remember the score???

But maybe he does deserve a chance but next week's game is dangerous and we need a win!
Well Valdes didnt guaranteed us a win

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Camp Nou said:

Puyol didn't play in that game so it also had its repercussions on the final score.
He might have been at fault in the 1srt leg but he was excellent in the 2nd leg and made 2 world class saves.
He definetely deserves his chance

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
jorquera is good, but we shouldnt play him next match, it will be bitter for valdez, for his spirit, he needs some spirit lifting, in my humble opinion

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I don't think Rijkaard has the guts to bench Valdés in the middle of a season, especially now that the CL-quarters are waiting. But I would like to see Jorquera play...

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts
Agreed, fans are fickle even if this is getting irritating Valdes is the one who can forget those things and keep performing, especially during the games. I do think Rijkaard would have the guts to do it though, but I think he knows that it's best not too as he knows Valdes is young and has won us many games.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Culéd said:
Agreed, fans are fickle even if this is getting irritating Valdes is the one who can forget those things and keep performing, especially during the games. I do think Rijkaard would have the guts to do it though, but I think he knows that it's best not too as he knows Valdes is young and has won us many games.
Yeah but 3 of these kinda mistakes ? These are basics that a keeper should handle with ease ..ofcourse he won us games .. but i expect that from the keeper of Fc Barcelona .. i have faith in Valdes ofcourse .. but these mistakes are not tolerated at this level

·
Seis Copas
5,517 Posts
I think if we bench Valdes it might affect him especially going into the CL two weeks later. I say we put our faith in Valdes beside you guys remember how he stepped up big time the next game after the same mistake he made against Valencia that cost us.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Of course he should remain our keeper.

He is still young and has already established himself as one of the better young keepers in Europe. Yes, he does sometimes screw-up monumentally, but that is very rare.

We need to keep him because he has won games for us before and he is also a great one-on-one keeper, one of the best in Liga, and with teams often playing a counter-attacking style against us, that comes in handy when they sometimes slip behind our defense.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
i just pray to GOD, that he doesnt do these kinds of mistakes against the big teams in big games in both, la liga and CL.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
adoro BARCA said:
i just pray to GOD, that he doesnt do these kinds of mistakes against the big teams in big games in both, la liga and CL.
Well he shouldnt make these mistakes at all .. 1 or 2 mistakes ok .. but he does it all the times and it was 3 times it costed us a goal :( ..
But i'm still having faith in Valdes ..

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Yes, he should continue as our keeper, unless a Casillas/Buffon type figure becomes available.

No-one on this or any other Earth will EVER convince me to consider the Valdes incident in the first Valencia game to be a mistake. And it frankly sickens me that so many of you continue to do so. If any of you have actually played in goals, you may actually understand that keepers are told to do the actions that he did, and it was a mere freak occurance that the ball not only hit Villa but went in. He's not an outfield player, he cannot be expected to have the ball skills of others.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ViscaBarcaInter said:
Yes, he should continue as our keeper, unless a Casillas/Buffon type figure becomes available.

No-one on this or any other Earth will EVER convince me to consider the Valdes incident in the first Valencia game to be a mistake. And it frankly sickens me that so many of you continue to do so. If any of you have actually played in goals, you may actually understand that keepers are told to do the actions that he did, and it was a mere freak occurance that the ball not only hit Villa but went in. He's not an outfield player, he cannot be expected to have the ball skills of others.
Ofcourse not i dont expect him to be Ronaldinho .. but if you look at the Mestalla .. there was totally no pressure on him .. and he passes the ball straight in to Villa's feet while there was enough options to pass the ball

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
The Mestalla mistake was bad, but as I said I've seen 2 mistakes getting lots of press, and tons of great saves being ignored. He isn't a bad keeper, he is in fact a very good keeper. That alone is worthy of him keeping his spot until we sign a better keeper. Because Jorquera is N O T a better keeper.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts