Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below an article in Singapore's The NewPaper(Edited)

---------------
Damn, I'm good
Told you long ago that Liverpool wasn't too hot, didn't I?

BY EDWIN YEO
May 15, 2000

Bradford 1 Liverpool 0
I HATE to kick a man when he's down. But in Liverpool's case, I'll make an exception.

Just let me repeat the scoreline from its final league game of the season: Bradford 1 Liverpool 0.

No top-three finish in the English Premiership, no Champions League place next season and no Liverpudlians thumping their chests to claim how Liverpool has once more returned to greatness.

Frankly, they could have saved themselves a lot of grief if they had read my articles over the past few months.

A couple of months ago, after Liverpool had beaten Newcastle 2-1, I said its then second position had more to do with luck than strength, and that all Liverpool deserved was a trip to the Uefa Cup.

After watching Bradford beat Liverpool last night, I've got only one thing to say. Damn, I'm good.

Liverpudlians hated me because they thought I was just talking out of my hatred for Liverpool, not realising that I had seen the signs of Pool's decline even then, and understood its success was built on shaky ground.

Don't believe me, believe the facts. While Manchester United talked about getting its 100th league goal of the season (which it didn't, thank goodness, otherwise we'd never have heard the end of it), Liverpool scored barely half that, 51.

Of the top 10 teams, only Aston Villa has scored fewer goals. But then again, Villa doesn't boast of a £50 million ($130 million) strikeforce. Pool does. That's almost £1 milli on for every goal Pool had scored in the league this season.

And how about those long shots from Patrik Berger? In the first half of the season, he was putting in almost every long shot.

Luck, said I. Skill, cried Pool fans, while calling for my head at the same time. Berger's skill must have deserted him in the last five games, for he has been blasting those shots sky high, as though aiming for a three-point conversion in rugby. How do your feet taste, Liverpudlians?

The worst thing, for Liverpudlians anyway, is the Reds can't hide behind the excuse of injuries, as it had almost its full squad to select from. Even long-term casualty Robbie Fowler was back in action.

Coach Gerard Houllier has a lot to think about in the summer, and a scouting trip at Euro 2000 has to be on the cards.

Meanwhile, just allow me to enjoy my moment of triumph, and watch Liverpool fans cry once again, at a season which promised so much, but delivered so little.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I've written an email to the New Paper regarding the removal of Edwin Yeo.

I hope they do something about it. That guy has certainly gone too far. He has been picking on Liverpool, week in week out. Apparently he supports Spurs so I guess he's got nothing much to talk about, thus the constant demeaning of LFC.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Blah blah blah...

Even if we made the CL this guy would find something to complain and tease about.

Maybe someone should remind him that NONE of the top 10 teams conceded less goals than Liverpool?

------------------
Any given Sunday,you either win or loose.That's FOOTBALL...

·
Registered
441 Posts
The man is obviously an a r s e. He fails to note that Liverpool finished with the best defense in the Premiership - hardly shakey ground. He also fails to consider that our strike force was either new or injured and while he is correct that our strikeforce is valued at 50 + he fails to note that over 35 of that was brought through the team. And finally it is a testament to our team as a whole that we finished fourth whilst only scoring 50 odd goals. Hardly shakey and when our young inexperienced attack is blooded we will win - it is as simple as that.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This article is real I presume ?
This is the worst piece of journalism I have ever seen .Has this man ever heard of being impartial ?
Is this a national paper ?
It cannot be ..........only an opposing teams unofficail Fanzine would write such bias ****e .
LFC net you are correct in writing to them and Javier you are write in what should happen to him .

·
Registered
818 Posts
Sadly,the article is real. In fact I brought the article to the attention of Javier through our private email. You know this is not the first time it has happened. This guy has been doing it every week.

It has been a day since I wrote to them and there wasn't any reply. Hardly a professional thing to do for a newspaper when the email would reach them within two seconds. They certainly don't have SO MANY emails to read that they missed mine do they?

The New Paper is some kind of a tabloid that comes out during our lunch time. It has lots of sports coverage so we tend to buy it daily. When I was still a student in the polytechnic I even did a project for them to increase their image and circulation. I can't believe they are resorting cheap journalism as such nowadays. If this guy is not removed or at least apologised/shut up, they will lose a customer. I'm serious.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Why are we suprised if it is a tabloid? I mean the Sun were much worse than that when they were dealing with Hiddlesborough. As a rule I will NEVER ever buy the Sun newspaper again.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think ppl who hate a club would always find something to 'tease' no matter what..

in one season only we've managed to transform the defence into the meanest in the whole league...
secure a european spot..and also beat most of the teams above us. arsenal,leeds...
and also be considered as a potential challenger to the title ..something almost unimaginable only a year ago/!

anyway i just couldn't care less about what htat guy has to say.!period!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the comment 'How do your feet taste, Liverpudlians?' pretty much sums up this prick's journalistic capabilities- or lack of.

By reading the article it seems that Edwin is either a 10 yr old kid or is in fact a fully grown adult who has escaped from a mental institute.

Whatever he is, he should be ignored, because i've seen better articles in the Beano. This shambles probably took him 3 days to write with his mum helping him with the spelling. This man is a joke and we should just laugh at him. Ha Ha. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts