Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like saviola, I know he cant play up front on his own, etoo stylee. But I think he can play on the right where Giuly and Messi Play. And with Larsson going you guys are gonna need to stock up on strikers anyway.
Should he be given another chance? his talent is undoubted.

·
Seis Copas
5,517 Posts
It depends if Barca is interesting in bringing Henry over but either way i agree with Larsson leaving we'll need another striker just in case.

But the sad part is we haven't even seen what Maxi can do, he didn't even get his chances yet.

·
“Més que un club”
1,359 Posts
Rumors say that we'd spend 10-12 millions on Forlan. It drives me crazy that we'd waste so much money when we can simply bring back Saviola, who will not complain about being on the bench. I'd rather give Maxi a chance then spend that much on someone like Forlan.

If Henry does come, then we're likely to see Saviola included as part of the D. Alves deal (which I hope takes place).

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Saviola is one of the best strikers passed in Barcelona since Ronaldo left the team!and really i wish barca can bring him back to da team, coz he will be just a great addition to the forwards...

·
Registered
744 Posts
I think he deserves to be called back, but it wont happend.

Rijkaard seems to have something against him.

I think we are going to sell him somewhere this summer or keep loaning him until his contract expires.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Larsson is a sharper susbstitute but since he's most likely off to Helsingborg next season, why not, there's no need to spent high amounts for a new striker when Barça can have Saviola back who still gets a lordly salaire from out their cashes.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Thing is when Barcelona need to change a game what good is Saviola as an option on the bench? With Larsson, we get his great hold up play and intelligence along with his heading ability and being able to play a long ball or two.

With Saviola we get a downgrade of Etoo and I dont really see how bringing him on will change a game.

Having Saviola would be a luxury but not a necessity. Hes nice to have but wouldnt really change a game. I do feel however he would be useful when Etoo is in need of a rest due to similar attacking charactertics but not to bring on to change the game. I would prefere to try and involve him in a deal with Alves but if Sevilla demand too much then a reduced contract he will be useful.

Regardless of Saviola going or staying another striker is needed. Someone similar to Larsson who is making me wish the club looked past his age and offer a contract on what he can do on the pitch another year, not reduce it by 40% just because hes the big 34. Similar to Cocu.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I think it will very difficult to extend Larsson for many reasons:
1. If you read between the lines it's his family's wish to return to Sweden ( read wife )
2. He played 90 minutes one Liga game and I'm sure he wants to play much more.
3. He is very stubborn is not known to change his mind so easy.

Some possible soulutions:
1. Slap his wife or help him find another :)
2. Let him play much more as long he is performing
3. Hmm, when he retired from internationals for Sweden som years ago he didn't change his mind until the king of Sweden or the prime minister (or both ?) begged on their knees.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Barca_Nordic said:
I think it will very difficult to extend Larsson for many reasons:
1. If you read between the lines it's his family's wish to return to Sweden ( read wife )
2. He played 90 minutes one Liga game and I'm sure he wants to play much more.
3. He is very stubborn is not known to change his mind so easy.

Some possible soulutions:
1. Slap his wife or help him find another :)
2. Let him play much more as long he is performing
3. Hmm, when he retired from internationals for Sweden som years ago he didn't change his mind until the king of Sweden or the prime minister (or both ?) begged on their knees.
Then its a big shame, because Barcelona are losing a great player who despite the age isnt in a decline.

I forgot to add in my post before. If the option is Forlan then without a doubt we should keep Saviola. I dont see much difference, infact I imagine Saviola doing the same in that Villareal team with Riquelme behind him.

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts
1 - 20 of 51 Posts