Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think yes, as a substitute for Veron.
I really did not like the way Veron was playing last 30 min of Arg against Equ.
I personnally think he is the best player in his position,
but when Argentina is leading, he gives his 30% instead of
80%,he does not want to hurt himself.This is why it is better to replace him (if Argentina is leading)by Requelme, because he has some international exp and he would give his 100% to prove that he can do it .(veron has nothing to prove).

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
argentina has too many talents but not all of them can play for the national team..thats the sad part of the Greatest soccer country in the world.

Veron is the best. he is going to lead us to the wc2002 win.
He is our zidane, our figo, our Maradona of now. even though he doesnt possess the same skills as maradona, he is trusted to have the same kind of role when his turns comes to lead us to glory!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys like i said, Veron is the best player in his position (better than Zidan better than figo no doubt)
in addition yo his dribbling and posession skills, he has long precision passes skills (samuel too), and extra ordinary free kicks ability what makes him the Best cause he is a combination of (Beckam,Zidan Figo and Redondo)there is no doubt.

My point is WHEN ARGENTINA IS LEADING BY A MARGIN OF 2 GOALS OR MORE .

Veron is not playing at his level (he does not want to get injured) i totally agree with him.
So instead of leaving him in the game doing nothing (ex last 30 minutes against Colombia and Equador)
Requelme should take his place THE LAST 30 MINUTES .I repeat IF AND ONLY IF ARGENTINA IS LEADING.

Cause in the future God forbidds if Veron gets an injury,
we need a leading midfielder that can do the same as him.
Thatcan be found in Requelme.

(I think too that Pablito Aimar should replace Ortega
when Argentina is leading).

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
When you are leading teams especially 2-0 you need to bring on new players to keep the defence honest. you cannot allow a defence to sit around and pass teh ball around at will and at the end of the game.....face it......you strikers aretired and cannot run around and press teh defence like they should so yes changes should be made in attack.

ALthout when it come sto Veron in midfield he should not be changed because he knows what to do if the opposing team gets a goal back or equalizes or whatever.

Riquelme is much more attacking than Veron i would place Riquelme in for Ortega or Lopez

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hm...
well that is the point, we do not want to be strictly deffencive minded.
That is why we should put in Riquelme and Aimar.
Anyways..each person has his tactics, i see it this way.

I think too that we should depend more on the long passes of Samuel.

The other team will push forward, then Zanetty can play
his game more (more space for him) same for the other winger Killy.

so we will end up attacking with (killy and Zanetti on the sides Riquelme playing for Veron in the middle and
Aimar Crespo and Claudio lopez in front)

That would be solid in the back with high speed counter attacks from the sides and from the middle.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Riquelme, should certainly be part of the extended squad. I think, that he would be an ideal substitute for either Veron or Ortega when either one of them becomes complacent during a match or experiences injuries, etc. Riquelme and Aimar also compliment each other very well, in the past they had performed together at Under-20 & Under-23 level. So, in the future it would be great to see these two players in the same starting line up.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
i honestly don't have too much faith in Riquelme for two reasons.

Aimar and Gallardo.

both these players hsould be given a shot because IMHO they are both more talented that Riquelme.

Ortega is a clown who shoudl be replaced before the imminetn debacle occers in an big game

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
ilTAZZ, give Ortega some credit. Although, he has been able to find continuity with in his form for any of the European clubs that he has played for, he has generally performed quite well for Argentina. Every time he takes the field while playing for Argentina, he seems to possess a take charge attitude.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts