Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Congrats to Raul, what an achievement! He is the all-time UCL and European top scorer, La Furia’s all-time top scorer, and now has/will become RM’s all-time leading scorer.

Everyone knows about his 3 UCL’s and numerous liga titles, etc. He is considered to be a club legend, a REAL MADRID legend!
Now the question is…should RM retire Raul’s # 7? Just think about this for a minute. Di Stefano’s number was never retired, “Lucio Flavio” is wearing Pele’s # 10 with Santos (The Cosmos did retire Pele’s jersey for good) Riquelmes wears the number 10 for both country and club (Boca). Napoli did manage to retire Maradona’s # 10, and Cruyff’s # 14 was also retired.

Maldini and Baresi had their respective numbers retired as well…

So what’s your point Dagoods? Those names I just mentioned belong in a different CLASS baby :happy:! These are some of your all-time legends/greats!

I’m not even sure whether Raul would make RM’s all-time team :happy:. Many would choose Di Stefano and Puskas to play upfront and now if you were as smart as DAGOODS, you’d have Di Stefano in midfield and partner Puskas upfront with O FENOMENO RONALDO :proud::happy::howler:
ARE YOU MAD DAGOODS? Nope, just think about it, POST-INJURY R9 scored 104+ goals with RM in 4.5 seasons; imagine how many goals he would have scored in 15 seasons :howler::happy::eek:!

I’m not even sure whether he’ll make Spain’s all-time XI, to be honest. Yes, he surpassed HIERRO in goals out of all people and never managed to win something with Spain………….unfortunately.

Yes, he’s a club symbol and all but a symbol of what exactly? Of what? GUTS? Perseverance? SUCKING UP? GARRA? Endurance? Overhype?

Does this also mean that clowns like Del Piero and Totti will end up getting their jersey numbers retired :happy:? What an outrage! Del Piero simply is not good enough to make Italia’s All-Time XI and Juve’s all-time XI ;). Yeah Raul and Del Piero broke all kind of scoring records based on the fact they STUCK AROUND LONG ENOUGH :D:D:D…Totti is another fine example. This man is not good enough to make Italia’s All-time XI but he’d definitely make Roma’s all-time XI but that’s only because ROMA lacks a rich history, a bloody mid-table mediocre team. Again, it’s a matter of sticking around long enough…

How is this fair?
There are numerous bigger/TRUE-legends that never got their numbers retired!

I.E.: Beckenbauer (Bayern Munich)
Rivera (Milan)
Ronaldo (Inter) :happy::happy::happy:
Pele (Santos)
Maradona (Boca)
Di Stefano (Real Madrid)
Garrincha (Botafogo)
Get the picture….?

Your thoughts your thoughts

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
The should retire the number of goals he'll end up scoring, which is gonna be 300 something. That's a better number to retire, cause then someone else can use #7.

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
They should give Raul next season a new number, like 29 or smth and retire that then :tongue:

You cant retire 7.

·
Registered
16,803 Posts
Why should anyone who isn't a Real Madrid fan give a damn about what Real Madrid do with Raul? they could drop him off a cliff for all i care.

·
ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
7,425 Posts
Dagoods, using the third person is bad enough, but do you really have to talk to yourself too?

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why should anyone who isn't a Real Madrid fan give a damn about what Real Madrid do with Raul? they could drop him off a cliff for all i care.
why? because we are REAL MADRID! We rule and control the football world!

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can´t even control properly your own club :howler:

4 different presidents in 3 years...and counting.
that's right ligas won't do. We only care about UCL's baby :happy:!

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
It's certainly a magnificent achievement by a player who has been exceptional for a LONG time, but I'm not a fan of retiring shirts at all. Apart from anything else, denying future players the chance to wear the shirt of "insert legend here" is not a good thing, lots of players would be inspired and honoured to wear the number that a club great wore. If clubs always did this, eventually there'd be no numbers left. :D

I know that if I ever played for Barca, having the chance to wear the 10 that Messi wears now, that Ronaldinho wore, that Maradona wore, that Romario wore, I would be totally pissed if it was unavailable due to being "retired". :D Before anyone says, yes this is assuming that I would be good enough to be the 10. :D

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
that's right ligas won't do. We only care about UCL's baby :happy:!
the CL of the 40s? Cuz you ain't getting any with the current team.

Anyway I thought the whole point of not retiring #7 is to lure Pato(once he reaches 36). Well keep that 22 you'll need it for Kaka once he reaches 42.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's certainly a magnificent achievement by a player who has been exceptional for a LONG time, but I'm not a fan of retiring shirts at all.
"long time" he had 4 straight Awful seasons!
and other players were not/and still are not given a chance because of his "name" and past history...

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the CL of the 40s? Cuz you ain't getting any with the current team.

Anyway I thought the whole point of not retiring #7 is to lure Pato(once he reaches 36). Well keep that 22 you'll need it for Kaka once he reaches 42.
Pato? we already have Higuan who's way more talented! And Kaka? don't worry we will make his dream come true after Florentino arrives ;)

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
why? because we are REAL MADRID! We rule and control the football world!

Why people bother arguing with this dimwit?

And mods, what is this thread doing in the world football forum? Whatever Real Madrid wants to do, we are not concerned with that.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
No we can't retire the #7 because in La Liga the assigned numbers to the squad have to be between 1 and 25. Thus, if we retire the #7 then we are also forcing ourselves to have 24 squad players rather than 25.

Close thread.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
Considering he was an Athletico youth product I'd say no. If Madrid had been his only team, then yes, but not if he came through their closest rivals youth.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Is Dagoods talking to his alter ego.

When I saw Raul and retire on the same sentence I didn't even think about the shirt. A person who Madrid should retire is Raul and not the shirt. I have never seen a person live off past glory for so long

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
no and even if the option was available then a bigger no.

if di stefano's number was not retired, then the thought shouldnt even cross our minds for raul.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts