Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Parmalat is under restriction there is a huge chance theyll have to sell out most of their current squad...and to say it in a more precise way....Parma is in more trouble right now than Lazio has ever been......i feel sad for them..

Nevertheless....the world of prof. football is very tough..and if u want to stay at the top u need to act fast in such accasions.....

I hope Longo will go for bonera and Gilardino....

·
Registered
105 Posts
If the sponsers are in trouble that surely wouldn't affect the club much, they could just change their sponser (if it allows so in the contract)

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
KD_7 said:
If the sponsers are in trouble that surely wouldn't affect the club much, they could just change their sponser (if it allows so in the contract)
Parmalat doesn't just sponsor Parma, they own them.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I don't think that any of the Parma players has a big desire to play for yet another club in financial trouble. We must first solve our own problems before thinking about transfers. Plus, Oddo is better than Bonera.;)

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
And you think selling 50% of Adriano, Marchionni, Bonera, Frey, Gilardino, Barone:star::strong:, Nakata et al is going to even make a dent in Parmalat's debts? Debts of $6billion plus thanks to the lying, cheating scum bag Tanzi family:yuck: I hope they rot in jail for what they are doing to Parma:fero:

What will happen is that Parma will be sold, if somebody steps up to run a small club from a small town with a small support, & if not then I can't even see you having to pay money for our stars.

And if Parma go tits up then I'm giving up on football entirely, all thanks to the greed of men:yuck:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
maaaan.....i feel so sorry for the poor parma fans...u guys remember all the fuss we had regarding the club a year back..when everyone was fearing that Lazio would be closed.....

Poor poor Parma....i hope they keep their heads high and show the same strenght mentally as so many laziale did at that time

good luck Parma....

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
You guys are not serious right?

No if are players leave they leave for bigger and better things. :)

No offense but Lazio struggled to get buys in the summer with swaps plus money.

Parma will ask for straight cash...:)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Parma director general Patrick Nebiolo has confirmed that the club could go into liquidation on Dec 31 2003.

“The club’s losses must be covered and the Capital increased during the shareholders’ meeting,” announced Nebiolo on ‘Radio Radio’.

“Parmalat are unable to introduce fresh funds, but they can convert credits into Capital. If that doesn’t happen, then the alternative is liquidation.”

This is a crisis point for the Gialloblu, as the football club risks going under along with majority shareholders Parmalat.

Nicknamed the ‘Italian Enron’, the dairy giants were today declared insolvent after £2.6bn went missing from their bank accounts.

President Stefano Tanzi and patron Calisto Tanzi are under investigation for fraud as one of the giants of Italian industry crumble.

“The Tanzi family remains a central focus for us,” continued the director general, “so obviously the players felt the effects of this disaster.”

“The city has already shown it is close to this club and there could be new investments from local banks and businessmen, but this can only be discussed after the increase in Capital.”

AC Parma are currently running at a loss above the legal limit for football clubs in Serie A and must take drastic action in the next shareholders’ meeting on Dec 31.

After Fiorentina were declared bankrupt and Lazio almost went down along with majority shareholders Cirio in a similar situation, we could see another Italian giant collapse due to financial problems.

The situation could deteriorate further, as Bologna President Giuseppe Gazzoni Frascara has announced plans to sue clubs with unbalanced books.

“Anyone can make a winning team if they don’t pay their players,” snapped the Rossoblu chief.

If the Federal Court accepts this appeal, then clubs who are running at a marked loss – such as Roma and Lazio – could be docked points.
Not looking good...

And Gaga, you know perfectly well that if you sell all your big names, Lazio is a potential candidate to buy...

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Like I said I can't see Lazio coughing up transfers just on money with no players included. But we will see. :)

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Don't forget that the bids we get for our players will be pathetic, as it is for every club in this horrible position. I can even see Inter offering as little as €8m for 50% of Adriano when they should be offering twice that. It's so bloody depressing.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Cam: Adriano Parma could sell their part of Adriano to Milan for 2x what Inter offers - don´t worry.

Another point is that Parma even if they are in a bad position won´t sell to Lazio - they want money for their players not junk stock!

I´m sad to see Parma in this trouble and it will only serve to weaken an already dented leauge. Lazio belly up, Parma belly up and even Inter are having to put on the handbreak on their buying.

The stadiums aren´t half as full as in the PL and the television rights are not paying nearly what they should pay.

The biggest player is a mob guy called Berlusconi who started of as a showboat singer - not a brainsurgeon exactly.

This entire mess is depressing.

·
Registered
105 Posts
GaGa said:
I'm a Parma fan :D

Avator is because of a bet :)
This is off-topic, but what bet is this? because I've seen a few members which have a Juve avatar but where it says 'Teams' they have wrote Parma.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
KD_7 said:
This is off-topic, but what bet is this? because I've seen a few members which have a Juve avatar but where it says 'Teams' they have wrote Parma.
We betted on the Juve Parma game...we lost. Have to wear this for a month.

Had Parma won you would have seen Juventini with Parma avators for 2 months. :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts