Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
because all they do is embarass the league. Im not sure if its because they are not good enough but more because they dont try. Lazio are 1-0 down to some Greek team, but thats not my point, even if they win! All them and Parma and even Udines have done is experiment, but what fans from other countries will jus think that our league has crap teams except for Milan, juve and Inter.

Maybe Im over-reacting or is this truly just a competition which helps embarass the league?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As I posted this, Lazio equalised but this match is not my point as I said but the way Italian teams treat this competition in general

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Some would say that the main objectives is the Serie A position, and the UEFA Cup is to get a bit more income, or some would say thinner squads, I would just say that there is less quality in the squads.

Lazio & Parma can't field subs now who can come on and have a real impact, so when we field our B teams, we're un-exciting, and never going to progress, simply because the players fielded are not good enough.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even Roma's B team only gets to the 4th round. I think this competition is useless for Serie A clubs, Lazio btw are 2-1 up.

If both Parma and Lazio go through I take back my statement...

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
If we go through I'd be suprised. We have a tough home tie to Besiktas, but we was very unfortunate in the end not to take a point from Belgium.

I don't think the fans based in Italy care too much for UEFA now do they? I mean what's the average attendances for UEFA games? I think they are considerably smaller than the average Serie A game.

·
Registered
46,435 Posts
Deano said:
Maybe Im over-reacting or is this truly just a competition which helps embarass the league?
I agree. Embarassing is the right word. They behave as if it was the Italian Cup or even worse. I understand the problems of Parma and Lazio in this season but this is not sufficient to consider the UEFA Cup just a good training for the championship.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I agree. I mean if I was Parma or Lazio I would look at the UEFA Cup as a chance for cash and a chance to show how good we are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts